It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Census-gate': New Investigation Launched By Congress & Dept. Of Labor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In addition to an investigation by the U.S. Department of Labor, Darrell Issa, tonight, announced the congressional oversight committee would also be investigating new whistle-blower allegations that U.S. Census Bureau employee(s), who were allegedly pressured by higher-ups, intentionally manipulated U.S. unemployment figures in such a manner as to help Barack Obama in his reelection campaign.

A congressional investigation has been launched into allegations that the United States Census Bureau falsified employment numbers, including in the months just before the last presidential election.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent a letter today to the director the Census Bureau, citing a New York Post story claiming that employment data was fabricated. The report claims the deception took place first in 2010 and then escalated in the run up to the 2012 election. That includes the unemployment rate put out just before the election when it dropped from 8.1 percent to 7.8 percent.

President Obama repeatedly touted that number on the campaign trail, telling the American people the unemployment rate had fallen to its lowest level since he took office.

foxnewsinsider.com...

Officials to investigate claims Census Bureau manipulated jobs figures

The US Department of Labor has launched an investigation into reports that some of the numbers in the government’s monthly jobs report – one of the world’s closest watched economic indicators – may have been fabricated in the run-up to the 2012 election.

According to The New York Post, the issues center around the politically charged release of job figures towards end the 2012 presidential campaign. From August to September that year, the unemployment rate fell sharply, from 8.1% to 7.8%.

The new rate was a 44-month low, the lowest level since Barack Obama first took office, and a major fillip to his re-election campaign. The numbers, according to the Post, were manipulated.

The Department of Labor, which is responsible for publishing unemployment data, confirmed to the Guardian that an investigation into the affair was now under way. "We have contacted the Census Bureau about this, and it has been referred to the Commerce Department inspector general," said spokesman Steve Barr.

He said it was "premature at this stage" to discuss whether the Bureau of Labor Statistics would have to restate jobs numbers for the period in question.

A spokeswoman for the Census Bureau was not immediately available for comment.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
OUR government manipulating numbers to suit their own needs?? Say it isn't so!

**Hope the sarcasm is blatant enough..**

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Is there any aspect of this entire administration/federal government that does not emit the rotting stench of corruption and filthy lies?

Is there a defense for the leftist fundamental transformation of America other than "It's for your own good, we know what is best for you, we lie to you and force you out of a deep, glowing love"?

I'd like to hear it, and once again dismantle it with facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you would've told me a few years ago that I would be missing George W in office I would have called you a liar!
even darth cheney is starting to look charming

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It would be nice if they would start working on more jobs, think they might get around to it anytime soon?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
People are just unbelievable. First blowjob-gate, now census-gate? Why not something that matters like, spitting-on-the-constitution-gate. Allowed to assassinate americans now. Indefinate detention. Spying everywhere. Ring a bell?

Why does congress never seem to get it right, and go after something that matters? Banging interns, fudging numbers... As if those idiots who voted for the schmuck would have even paid attention to those numbers in the first place? Yeah right....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

One of the way they forged the census employment figures was by firing and hiring the same people a dozen times.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I remember telling some folks how at the time that data seemed so
perfect and what he needed. Seems to be a on going issue. How many times have we learned this administration has massaged numbers? It's all been about appearance's with Obama and company since day 1. Now folks are gonna get to watch the show of some big unravelings.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

TKDRL
People are just unbelievable. First blowjob-gate, now census-gate? Why not something that matters like, spitting-on-the-constitution-gate. Allowed to assassinate americans now. Indefinate detention. Spying everywhere. Ring a bell?

Why does congress never seem to get it right, and go after something that matters? Banging interns, fudging numbers... As if those idiots who voted for the schmuck would have even paid attention to those numbers in the first place? Yeah right....

I second that! Really, there are far more pressing problems. Well, we should never forget about failures our leaders did do, as those might give a chance to have them prosecuted - nevertheless, there are problems THAT WERE and problems THAT ARE.

Take a guess which should be worked on right now..

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

President Josiah Bartlet: I'm going to tell you a story and I want you to tell me if I've engaged 16 people in a conspiracy to defraud the public in order to win a Presidential election.

White House Counsel Oliver Babish: [Looks down at his broken dictaphone, picks up his gavel and destroys it] Okay.

What did people expect.. Obama is from Chicago, and Chicago politics is based on corruption and bullying opponents.

Win at any cost....

Rahm Emanuel - Dont let a crisis go to waste..

This administration handles the media and public image of Obama that would make Joseph Goebbels proud and would make Kim Jong Un envious...

His ability to blame anyone but himself is testament to just how corrupt this administration is. Whats even worse is the fact employees are willingly going along with the crimes.

Makes one wonder what they have been promised...

I am more and more in favor of firing the entire Federal government and starting criminal investigations and prosecutions into all of them.

Get involved people and vote.

top topics

join