It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEOs With Massive Retirements Push Social Security Cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This really irks me. These greedy, rich, business people have already destroyed so much of our planet, but they won't rest until they destroy everyone in our country as well. I hope someone puts them in their place before they completely obliterate the American middle class.

www.thenation.com... tion&utm_campaign=Email%20Nation%20-%2020131119

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

If all these rich panel members really want to fix the deficit they'd pass a law denying social security retirement funds to anyone with resources above 'X' amount of dollars.

I see no earthly reason why a politician should be able to retire AND collect his fill pay rate, PLUS social security.

The reason the system is broken is because it's in the hands of the wealthy.

Now I'm not saying politicians are greedy, corrupt, self-centered people, but if it looks like a duck; walks like a duck; quacks like a duck.....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The division in which You type, is "their" goal. What is the biggest issue right now? ACA/ObamaCare. This was written with the input of the Insurance Companies. One of the authors of this is now in charge of running the program for the Gov't. The "banksters" got paid off and just got done celebrating "their" 5-yr. anniversary of poppin' Uncle Sugas bing. When/If "affordable healthcare" gets implemented, that will separate folks quicker than a sicle like Death carries to "harvest"

This "pit" is endless. It is like peeling an onion, the deeper You get, the more Your eyes water. The problem with this is: The same guys make the $$ in both direction, going UP and going DOWN.

Would You rather die with $1M in the bank or $1M in debt?

namaste

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LewisStulePhD

Would You rather die with $1M in the bank or $1M in debt?

When you put it that way, I've yet to hear of a confirmed case of someone claiming previous wealth after reincarnation ..so that shoots the only way it matters. The debt collectors don't have access past death itself, so the trick is to go while spending the last of the million but before the first principal payment is due.

edit on 19-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

If they have to pay less in Social Security, it is more in their pockets. Social Security is divided between the employee and the employer.

Pure Greed on their parts, for sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The clock is ticking for these types. The time for honoring greed, self serving laws and injustice to satisfy the want of but a few are on a fast track to the downturn.

The inconvenient truth however is that things will become much worse before we as a people on a global scale reach that tipping point. It will get worse, probably, much worse but regardless of what is to come, the one thing I can say is that the eternal cycle that plays out in human history has begun anew.

There will be change and justice, it will come at great cost and after it is achieved, more than likely, the undertaking will be needed again 200 to 500 years in the future. History tells us this is so.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It's the common peoples fault for not trying hard enough. It's time these funds were cut off lazy people need to drop dead so those those that put an effort into life can begin to enjoy it without having to pay for these free loaders. Hopefully some kind of program will be started that will thin out the herd.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

buster2010
It's the common peoples fault for not trying hard enough. It's time these funds were cut off lazy people need to drop dead so those those that put an effort into life can begin to enjoy it without having to pay for these free loaders. Hopefully some kind of program will be started that will thin out the herd.

And I am sure that you would volunteer to go to the front of the line. Post like this is why we need a downvote system on this site.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Please tell me you were being sarcastic. From the tone ATS has taken lately I can't tell anymore

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Don't confuse being a douchebag with sarcasm, once you see a few more of these "insightful" posts you'll fully understand that ATS isn't what it used to be.

Back on topic:
I swear these scumbags won't rest until they've taken every last thing from us and then grind our bones down into a milkshake for dessert.

Good post OP S & F for your effort.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Daughter2

Please tell me you were being sarcastic. From the tone ATS has taken lately I can't tell anymore

What's the matter people don't like the Tea Party point of view? And yes I was being sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

Don't confuse being a douchebag with sarcasm, once you see a few more of these "insightful" posts you'll fully understand that ATS isn't what it used to be.

Maybe you should check out a persons post history instead of making ignorant insults.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

As you have quoted above I've seen plenty of your "insightful" posts in other threads. I guess I'm just not a "visionary" like you self proclaim. Based on what I've seen in the past I don't think you were being sarcastic at all. Nice try at back pedaling, some of us "non-visionaries" see right through it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Social Security retirement will not go away. Yes, the system as-is is extremely broken. But there are way too many older people dependent on Social Security as their only form of income for the government to do away with it or cut back benefits. What will happen, as another poster suggested, is that Social Security will eventually become income means-tested, meaning that how much, if anything, you get will depend on your assets and income. Everyone will pay in, but only those below a certain income threshold will actually see a payout.

This is how it should be. Don't get me started on the unfairness of a fat-cat with multi-millions sitting in the bank drawing a $2,000/month Social Security check (not even pennies to them), while others struggle to get by on what little Social Security they do get.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Doesn't Glenn Beck have enough converts to His "Agenda 21"? When the SHTF I'm just going to follow everyBody else...

namaste

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
These same CEOs have gotten rich off of government deficits and robbing private pension plans.

What we need is to elect representatives to put these corporations and their CEO in their place.

As soon as people wake up to what a scam the free market was, and realize that putting regulations back in place and defending the rights of the average person from corporate abuse is the answer.

Not more government, better government.

edit on 21-11-2013 by poet1b because: add last line.

new topics

top topics

join