It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get you jacket off then

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

pavmas

My Fathers side, we are descendants of Red Hugh, the English invaded Ireland and stole our land and gave it to the planters from Scotland and England.

S

Are you talking about Red Hugh O'Donnell?

Red Hugh

I believe my own father traced our family back and also discovered we are descended in some way from Red Hugh

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Then why are teachers not been sacked, teacher training and education is lacking, if you say people are not equipped for the job then the people passing on skills are not fit for theirs.

Education has kids from the age of 5 to 16 and some kids leave school unable to read and write.

That's the problem, every kid could read and write within a year.

Don't blame the people being taught blame the system that wants to keep them uneducated.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

I Don't know any other Red Hugh. so yes

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Pavmas, I wish you were my neighbour. I am totally %^$$&D-off at what the municipal "masters" are doing here where I live. When I talk to my neighbours they are all "oh, yes, totally unacceptable". But when I try to get people to agree to stand together and do ANYTHING then suddenly it's all lilly livered around me. Suddenly we're all too scared in case we get a mark against our name or some school-room nonsense like that. So then I stand alone. And a mass action of one isn't exactly terrifying to the bastards. So they win again. They behave with impunity because no one will stand together against them.

Man, I could do with a neighbour like you.

But I don't think you'd like it here. This is Africa. No one has ever even heard of welfare payments 'round here. Here if you haven't got money you go hungry. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I want to applaud you. This is by far, one of the best threads I have read in ages. Main page worthy in my humble opinion. I couldn't help but star every post you made here. Even those who came off as attacking your post, your replies were precise, and excellent. I sympathize with the state of affairs where you live. Each place has it's own similar troubles. Never quite thought of it though the way you put the pieces together and that was brilliant. If I were you, I wouldn't be the least bit discouraged. All it takes is one voice to start speaking for change, and others soon follow. You may never get the satisfaction of seeing all the past wrongs, righted, but that does not mean you should sit back and do nothing just because those in power have us all under their thumb. They may be at the top of the pyramid, but only because all of us hold them up there. I fear no day of reckoning, but those at the top shall have their comeuppance.
I see definite leadership qualities in you, the way you challenge "authority". Don't stop doing it...teach it to everyone you can.
edit on 22-11-2013 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I read this on my tablet, inside of my tent using Wi-Fi from a particular store, that I won't name, that I reside behind. I've been this way for over a year now... I understand everything you say, even before this predicament, I felt as you. It should be a right for me to build my own house on some land at anytime. It is theirs not mine though, I guess. At least I have a PT job and the cops have been ultra cool with me. I am insanely grateful for those two facts. I am very lucky compared to other homeless people. I am a master at staying clean too. If you saw me, you would not be able to tell I lived in a tent for over a year the least bit. Problem is that I am getting used to it. I fear living out the rest of my life in a tent, perfectly content, but sad. Okay this is getting depressing, heh, gotta go back to reading instead of typing!

Later!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Gyo01
I read this on my tablet, inside of my tent using Wi-Fi from a particular store, that I won't name, that I reside behind. I've been this way for over a year now... I understand everything you say, even before this predicament, I felt as you. It should be a right for me to build my own house on some land at anytime. It is theirs not mine though, I guess. At least I have a PT job and the cops have been ultra cool with me. I am insanely grateful for those two facts. I am very lucky compared to other homeless people. I am a master at staying clean too. If you saw me, you would not be able to tell I lived in a tent for over a year the least bit. Problem is that I am getting used to it. I fear living out the rest of my life in a tent, perfectly content, but sad. Okay this is getting depressing, heh, gotta go back to reading instead of typing!

Later!

YOU are not a survivor.. you are a THRIVER. Youre the kind of person some seek out and take a particular interest in getting them back on their feet.

As for the OP. Interesting take on things and I learned a few things about this point of view I had not known before.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Oh my! Please PLEASE do not think I was seeking attention or love! I am pretty sure I said I was content. The last thing I wanted to portray was me pleasing for pity. Heck no, I am grateful for my position. Most people cannot be me. I have also been without a job for 6 of these months of being homeless. I did have to jump in dumpsters. Even then, I always said to myself, "thank God," because most people can't just jump in a dumpster and find food or go into a store and drink from a bubbler. I am 31 and have never bought one drop of gasoline because of my strong convictions. I really hope you did not think I was coming off as pompous. I live like a king. I have always known that. The plight of others is always on my mind from sunrise to sunset. My realization of this is why my tent feels more like a mansion than what it TRUELY is. Just a tent.

P.S.- When I said I am sad, it is because I am always alone whether I am homeless or not. No one likes me because of my thought process. I have friends for short periods of time because no one understands me. My own family thinks I am strange. I am not the one who is "crazy." Almost everyone else is. I cannot understand the average Joe. I am quite certain I am above them... more aware... more thoughtful... more... ...just. If they even know what just is...

edit on 23-11-2013 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

P.P.S.- I deny those who try to get me on my "feet." I am already standing, it is they who are kneeling.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Pavmas,

You are awesome. I have great respect for you. I have never met you and probably never will but, even through your writing I can see that you are a good person and I'd like to shake your hand. You have a good perspective - not one of these scared, weak, easily lead, brainwashed "people" that need protecting all the time.

You didn't cave that guys head in though you probably could have. He claimed that his forefathers fought for the land - I think he forgot that before his forefathers even got as far as Scotland the people of Scotland had probably fought over it a few hundreds time between themselves. He only has a paper right to what is in his current possession. Oh how I wish we could figure a way to take it back.
(I'm English by the way, I don't want it; too much rain and coldness for me, you can keep it. Very pretty scenery though and such fresh air with awesome pubs. I've walked around Loch Lomond before too; I stay at the Riverside Guesthouse in Crianlarich with Sandy, but anyway I digress).

Again, I will state you didn't cave that guys head in although you could have. Would this have been any different if there were no laws preventing it? Probably not.

I would happily stand toe-to-toe with you if the required circumstance's arose ie: you were invading my property, vice versa, or we had a barney down the pub but, I would imagine we would never need to. You are ethical and reasonable in what you say and I can reverberate with that. Had the laws not been in place to stop you from battering some mouthy little "masturbater" (I've been told off for my profanities) I still doubt you would have gone for it. Not through fear, inferiority or respect either... it's hard to explain. I'll just say that this thought would probably cross your mind, "aaahh nea bother pal, you're not worth it".

Thanks for your post and maybe one day I'll stand next to you on the front line of a blood-spilling and violent revolt. It will be the only way this country or yours changes.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crzayfool

Question I have... is that part of Europe really that split? Us in the states are not taught the history. They only teach us the savagery of our own nation (e.x., Indians, slavery, civil rights, war). The rest of the world is omitted form high school books and TV. I haven't watched TV for a decade, but I am pretty sure it is still the same... and from random glances at TVs, both by will and/or to humor someone I like, it's gone further down the crazy hole. I wish your oppressors would give you space and grow up. They are not men. Just children who still need diapers. That is why they always say, "mine, mine, mine!" They never grew up... Jill Pm Sall

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyo01

Well... it's not divided so much that an Englishman wouldn't dare wander into Scotland and vice-versa, like Palestine and Israel, but throughout the UK's history Scotland & England have been waging war against each-other pretty much since the record books began - until the laws and rules aforementioned were agreed upon.

You get the impression when you visit Scotland from some of its residents that you're not entirely welcome but they won't say it - you can just feel it through the looks and conversations; that are kept to the bare minimum. The same applies to parts of Whales too... Both countries are quite out-of-the way, as such, because of low employment, so it is mainly inhabited by their own people.

Word of "outsiders" spreads very, very fast as I recently found out when visiting Antur Stiniog. My friend and I became the talk of the town over-night and everyone knew where we'd been... very bizarre.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

pavmas

If society wants you to obey their laws and rules they owe you a living and if they don't then who wants or needs society not the poor that's for sure.

This is a fundamental issue I wholly agree with. I even wrote a thread about it awhile back (titled something like "a job is a right")

I am a human. I was born of this Earth, with basic needs such as eating, sleeping, drinking, and shelter. As a living creature, it is my right to obtain food, water, and shelter.

Food and water are only possible to collect if you have access to land. You cannot access land for these purposes without paying money. Therefore, with the current western world's attitudes, having money is quite literally required for legal survival in this world.

If they want to remove our ability to naturally obtain our own food, water, and shelter, it is THEIR responsibility to provide these things for me.

I will gladly go live in the woods, hunt and trap my own food, build my own shelter, collect my own water. I would do this and ask NOTHING of the government but to simply leave me alone. They won't. They refuse. They FORCE you to get involved in a society that doesn't allow you your natural rights as a living creature. If they force you to operate within that world, which they do, they take the responsibility of providing you with what you need to live.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

If society requires us to live by its rule, that rule must be applied to all of the members of the tribe. If it is not equally and bilaterally applied, then there is a disconnect between the legislators/enforcers of the society and everyone else, which tends to disadvantage the individual or family -- the constituents, the workers, the tithers of governmental income. I'm not calling for revolution, just spitballing here. If the disconnect becomes too wide (imo), discord and strife seem to have historically nurtured the seed of revolt.

Health care should be part of the fabric in any civilized country; it should be something that is continually and incrementally paid for by those are part of the pack or group that endorses it. Those that cannot pay should be legally vetted as not being able to pay, and assisted. To me, it's the most important issue; we will all grow old. Most of us will get sick.

We pay into the machine. If it isn't structured in a way that provides health care for ALL of us, what good is it?

If we can solve health care, we can begin to help people to work together again toward a common goal.

You mentioned Scotland, and as chance would have it, just last week I was working on a writing project and set out to reseach the names of occupations in Scotland of old. I came across lists similar to this... and you know what resonated with me? It seems like there was a time when almost everybody in the tribe/group had a job, a task, a purpose. There was a hierarchy of influence and power, and people could actually change their station if they were lucky, resourceful and ambitious. Yes, there were people who were legally-badged beggars, but overall society used to foster unity and cooperation -- everpresent crooks and criminals notwithstanding.

No, state/providence/national legislation shouldn't be constantly dabbling with or modifying Welfare/other numbers -- some people depend upon that income. Yes, there are defrauders of every system.

I don't know what will shape the answer, but I do feel strongly that it will come from within, as a peoples' movement to take a bit of the strain on the rein that steers society and government.(s)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crzayfool

Wow! I didn't know. I though that Europe was all like the states of USA. I can go to any state and feel at home with the people. What terrible things have probably happened there. This is a sad thing, especially being so close and related. America's racial "problems" seem less severe. Aside from some idiot white people thugs and idiot black people thugs, for the rest of us, we all get along just fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join