Catch of 900-pound sunfish creates stir in Jamaica

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Check this out, ATS. What do you think about this fish? I've never heard of one of these. This just goes to show that no matter how much you know or think you know, there's always more to know and learn.

www.grindtv.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
edit on 19-11-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wonder if they are going to eat it? I wonder if it tastes as good as the little sunfish we get around here? Does it taste better with lemon? I wonder if it is better broiled or deepfried?

I seem to be getting a little hungry after looking at that. S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've been in the Water with one surfing on Cape Cod. At first I saw a huge dorsal fin and thought it was a shark, but someone said it was a Sunfish and proceeded to paddle after it. He later told me they often lie on their sides, almost floating to catch the sun and you can pet them. Somewhat rare to see on the Cape.

I reported my siting on website that spots sunfish. oceansunfish.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Also called mola-mola.

They're really freaky looking things.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

These fish are huge. I'm glad they're not carnivores! I wonder if harks try to eat them or if they have to fight with Whales for food.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I once hopped under a kelp patty in SoCal (Diving) and lo and behold there was a giant sunfish. I had never before seen one but it did not stop me from a slow approach. Believe it or not; I got to pet him/her. Right on the face. It was one of the coolest moments I have ever had as a diver.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
Very cool looking fish.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
900lbs--its only a baby!, they get up to 2.5 ton. not something you want to hit with your keel...

not very tasty either

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Star and Flag!

Wow! That is truly an amazing fish!

For once its a fishy story that I have no issues with at all!

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

new topics

top topics

join