It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drivers Pulled Over, Asked For DNA And Blood Samples By Federal Contractors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I don't post much, well never really. But I'm here all the time reading. I just wanted to add this bit to the story.I live north of Ft.Worth in Denton and drive every day to the north Ft.Worth area to work. About once a month the Northlake "highway patrol" police bring out there little sign that says somthing like " all commercial vehicle must exit". The town of Northlake isn't really even a town. It's mostly just one of those planned community's called Robson Ranch. Like clockwork these costumed clowns are out there ever month shaking down hard working truck drivers. When they aren't doing there little commercial vehicle scam then there are out around the highway running speed traps. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I see at least 4 cars pulled over on any given day along with 1 or 2 still up on the road looking for some other poor souls to rob. In my mind the Northlake P.D. Have no business being anywhere near I35 let alone pulling people over. It's not about public safty with with these clowns( and most police departments) its about generating revenue. They used to at least try and hide it but they are better armed and they know that they have little to no accountability and can take your money, your car, your children, hell they can even take your life and there's not a god damn thing you can do about it. So the next time you sit down and watch the news and there lead story is a tragic tale of some heroic police officer killed in the line of duty while trying to perform a traffic stop. You gotta ask yourself. Was that really what went down? Maybe it was a good cop shot by some a-hole. But maybe, just maybe it was somebody like you or me that decided enough is enough and took a stand against the corruption, the intimidation and brutality that the police have become. If an officer is braking the law or his oath then in my eyes they are no longer an officer, but just try saying no to the police. It doesn't work. They will either call in more goons or escalate the situation with violent force.
Here is my little prediction. Not because I have some kind of gift or anything but because I see more and more police becoming heavy handed enforcers and regular people getting sick of it. I'd be willing to bet we are going to see what the news will portray as smaller "branch davidians" "ruby ridge" encounters with police. When you start to see it just be sure to look into the facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When I went to the interview for the job I have now, at the end he said, "We'd like to offer you the job, and I guess today we have a drug-testing ROOM!" So we go in there, and there are people sitting around with swabs in their mouths. I sit down and the guy says "swipe each cheek 3 times then hold the swab under your tongue for 5 minutes and get it as wet as you can with saliva."
Yea, I did NONE of that. I faked swiping it and kept it as dry as possible.
He put it in this thing that had little indicators, "THC", "Opiates", "Cocaine", etc.
5 minutes later he says "Ok you can go, don't forget to sign up for a training schedule."

As hard as I tried to keep it dry, I'm sure it got some saliva on it, so they probably have my DNA somewhere.
But then again, it's not like I took that tooth I just had pulled with me when I left the dentists office either, and that was at UIC, a school, therefore gov't funded, they could take whatever they want I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

itsallmaya

I would be very interested if anyone pursued the two police depts. denying knowledge of it.

I recall there were a flood of calls to the police department.

Will try and find the article I read it in, and post back here.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

That may all be true.

The trick is to be the biggest sonofabitch that anyone has ever imagined. Sure, you can enforce stuff on me. But you damned well will fight and earn every inch of ground you take from me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Seems like it's their new and complete "drug test", meaning if you refuse on the grounds you don't want to give anyone your DNA, you not only sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, you are also now a suspected drug user. And if you actually ARE a drug user, or had a poppyseed muffin, or they don't like you and switch swabs on you, they can say you were making silly excuses to not take a drug test. I actually told my sister to NOT do this at a job, then I went and did it...
here's another tip for the really paranoid -
don't lick an envelope and then go stick it in a box owned by the government.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Update:

Fort Worth police initially said they could not immediately find any record of their officers being involved in the roadblock, but on Tuesday police spokesman Sgt. Kelly Peel said that the department's Traffic Division coordinated with the NHTSA on the use of off-duty officers after the agency asked for help with the survey.

"We are reviewing the actions of all police personnel involved to ensure that FWPD policies and procedures were followed," he said. "We apologize if any of our drivers and citizens were offended or inconvenienced by the NHTSA National Roadside Survey."

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hmmm, this is interesting, from your quoted update:

Fort Worth police earlier said they could not immediately find any record of officer involvement but police spokesman Sgt. Kelly Peel said Tuesday that the department's Traffic Division coordinated with the NHTSA on the use of off-duty officers after the agency asked for help with the survey.

coupled with this:

NBC DFW confirmed that the survey was done by a government contractor, the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, which is based in Calverton, Md

It would appear that the NHTSA is basically contracting private citizens (off duty officers and a private company) to enforce their "survey". Which seems to make the whole thing even more unconstitutional, especially regarding this:

He also noted the fine print on a form given to drivers informs them their breath was tested by "passive alcohol sensor readings before the consent process has been completed."

"They're essentially lying to you when they say it's completely voluntary, because they're testing you at that moment," Colosi said.

At least the good citizens of Fort Worth got an apology

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

half cylon babies

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Been trying to come up with an explanation for these stops, and this information gives me something to work with.

Maybe they were testing new technology to identify 'impaired' drivers, and the samples are to calibrate/verify the passive-sensor readings? Next thing we know, they are pulling people over and immediately placing them under arrest for DUI. "My vehicle's drunk-o-meter indicates you are driving while impaired, citizen. You are under arrest."

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Supreme Court ruling in case McNeely vs Missouri states that a judge has to issue a warrant before police can take a blood sample. I heard about this recently because of the WA state law that makes marijuana legal, and police here want to blood test to test sobriety, and they were talking about this ruling on NPR

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This could just be my over-active imagination and my 'don't-put-it-past-the-government' demeanor, but it has seemed to me lately that they, whoever 'they' are, are searching for someone. Ancestory.com is voluntary tracing of information (appealing to curiosity), a couple others propose sending in a DNA sample so you can be aware of potential diseases or allergies you may not know you have (appealing to fear), and now there are voluntary DNA-squads roaming the country paying people for DNA samples?

From 30,000 feet this looks like a search grid, sifting through as many DNA samples as possible...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Can confirm agents in my suberb of ROCHESTER NEW YORK.

They paid my boss 60 bucks I think.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Thanks for that update. What has happened here; folks doing
nothing wrong or even suspicious being pulled over and made to
answer 10 questions.

This is totally different than a person driving as if under the influence
and then being pulled over for a test. I guess that is why these
off duty 'officers' can not arrest folks?

In any case, curiouser that they at first in other States back in
July and August denied they were testing for DNA.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is pathetic. Not so much the lengths that the government is willing to go to to keep us all by the proverbial balls, because we already know that. It's pathetic in that there's going to be feigned outrage for a while, and then it's going to slip into the consumerist abyss when the Next Have To Have It tech toy comes out, or the next D-list "who?" celebrity gets on some brain-cell obliterating dance show. We're doing this to ourselves, we've given the government too much power over the people, and we're too cowardly to organize to take it back. Pathetic.

They're already palming boobs & testicles in airports, and doing body cavity searches on people on the roadside. Like with those, the outrage will fade over being pulled over for breath, saliva & blood samples. How much do you want to bet no one so much as bats an eyelash at the eventual "Stool sample, please"? (unless they're already doing it, I wouldn't put it past anyone anymore)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I was expecting "here we go again with another examiner.com post" - shocked by the source!
Great find S & F
I am left to wonder, when will enough be enough....?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Well, whoever wrote that should take a basic biology course and then try again, as it is utter BS. Codons aren't turned off or on, they are simply codes to determine a certain amino-acid that is used to build a protein.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
While there are many uses for the samples, I think the reason is simple. Health insurance!
You gotta be insured to get treated. The insurers wont want to insure those who are genetically prone to disease. I think they are sampling the pool so they can work out the best system for maximized profit. Those who are prone to disease will pay massively more than those who aren't.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

i just think they're after far more than DUI stats. reminds of cattle mutilations on a mass scale.they're looking for something,possibly how much poison in us.or perfect organ donors,i just feel nothing but evil.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
The government is in full info mode....and this is just a light start. the real bad part is if you drink, smoke, smoke something else, have ANY intake that is traceable, this info will be compiled, listed and sold to many companies. It will also be used for controlling methods of varying degrees by obamacare. Do you really think they will let you slide on healthcare if you have any traceable vice? You will pay out the nose, and then have limits, hope all along they do not try to "reform" you and everything you own. Remember, the libs are great at spending other people's money to fund controlling their lifes...

I'm assuming by "libs" you mean almost every single democrat and republican in office. I only feel the need to clarify because many people under 50 either weren't around or weren't yet interested in politics, and many over 50 too accustomed to taking media at face value for either group to realize both political parties have found different aspects and methods tDemontrol while using many same, but also some different methods to spend our money like drunken sailors for decades now. In other words, I would hate for folks to read your comment and wrongfully think that half-ish of the candidates have a better plan in mind, when in reality, they only have a different load of bovine excrement to sell which is more tailored to dupe the "other half" who weren't tricked by plan A (or B as it were.)

They're all fiscal libs and all wish to control personal choice/freedom in 20 ways or another. Dem or Rep, they're all out for the same blood.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

supremecommander
I would gladly offer to give them a sample of my urine, feces, or ejaculate.

except they'll return the favour by a dr saying you have coprophillia,and lock you away and inject huge doses of drugs in you.for me,i look forward to my end,and if possible,at sea where i used to love working.ok,i won't even trust them for my organs now.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join