It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beggars that leave their Litter/Rubbish at the end of a long day begging!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This has niggled me recently. I live in the city of Leeds and it seems we have more and more beggars lining the streets. They all have their own little spots - Under the rail tunnel, beside cash machines, outside grocery stores. I dont entirely have a problem with people begging for money - I choose not to give them anything but i do get quite annoyed when they give the "Have a nice day" when i dont even make eye contact with them.

If these people are genuinely on their ass then they need more than spare change.
However, im sick of finishing work at 8pm and seeing the amount of # and litter these beggar's leave - Coffee cups, fast food, clothing etc. Its disgusting. You might be on your ass but the world is not your f**king # tip mate. There are bin's in town you are free to use - No charge! Only way we could make it easier for you is to have the street cleaner's cleaning up your mess for you!

Its hard to sympathise with people who dont really give a # about anything, never mind themselves.

Rant over.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I heard that.
where I live there are so many homeless people. It's winter now, so they all went to California. They always leave their trash too. What's sad is that most of them just look the part. They aren't actually homeless, and in fact, most of them drive to "work".
All the real homeless people are too busy getting high at the park.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I'm no expert but when your living on the street and eating out of bins, I doubt that civic cleanliness is a high priority...and also a great deal of homeless people suffer from mental illness. I doubt that they are doing it to annoy you or anyone else.

Now I'm going to rant a bit myself. I'm tired of seeing so many threads about how homeless people inconvienience those few that still manage to have a job. There seems to be a general consensus that the homeless should do more to be completely invisible. I mean who really wants to see that shoeless guy sitting in a doorway shivering when you are out and about? I hear little from these folks about addressing the problem...just that they need to be poor somewhere where they can't be seen. There is a disturbing lack of compassion today for our fellow human beings...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah oh how hard it must be dealing with people who offer you to have s nice day as you treat them like pure scum.

I feeling your pain. It feels like arrogance.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

deadcalm

I'm no expert but when your living on the street and eating out of bins, I doubt that civic cleanliness is a high priority...and also a great deal of homeless people suffer from mental illness. I doubt that they are doing it to annoy you or anyone else.

theyre not eating out of bins mate, theyre begging for money and buying comsumable items then leaving their rubbish on the street -despite the MANY bins you claim theyre eating out of!

Now I'm going to rant a bit myself. I'm tired of seeing so many threads about how homeless people inconvienience those few that still manage to have a job. There seems to be a general consensus that the homeless should do more to be completely invisible. I mean who really wants to see that shoeless guy sitting in a doorway shivering when you are out and about? I hear little from these folks about addressing the problem...just that they need to be poor somewhere where they can't be seen. There is a disturbing lack of compassion today for our fellow human beings...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

When was the last time you said to a complete stranger (human being) 'Have a nice day' or something similar?
What? Never?
Try it, it's noble.
No wonder people are foreigners to each other. Quite sad.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If you guys like homeless people so much why don't you marry one!
jk, but seriously, I used to give bums cash. They prefer booze now. Means they don't have to pretend to beg for food.
I work hard for my money. I'll talk to homeless people all day, say hello, have a nice day. I stopped giving them money a long time ago.
It's not like they are saying "have a nice day" to be noble.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
im apparently ignorant for not liking the mess they make - well excuse me if i dont like beig harassed by homeless people who camp outside cash mahines, just weeks ago a man came up to me with an empty pringles can while i was fiddling around my purse trying to sort some bus fair home practically telling me to give him money. bins are provided by the goverent to keep the streets clean, citys are infested with rodents, no one wants to make that worse. if youre really going to jump to the defence of these people then i want to know what makes them so incabable of using the bins provided to them? its not about being invisable its about cleaning up after yourself, the world ia no ones sh!t tip!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

When was the last time you said to a complete stranger (human being) 'Have a nice day' or something similar?
What? Never?
Try it, it's noble.
No wonder people are foreigners to each

other. Quite sad.

I work in a call centre so i say it atleast 40 times a day and mean it, but yeah im a total asshole expecting people to use the bins provided to them, next time im done with my coffee cup ill just throw it on the floor because obviously its okay for people to do that in your book.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It is obvious you have something against homless people since you picked them for not throwing garbage into bins, but you sure know there are other people who aren't homless and doing the same thing.
So I'll take you were having a bad day, tommorow is another.
Move along...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

It is obvious you have something against homless people since you picked them for not throwing garbage into bins, but you sure know there are other people who aren't homless and doing the same thing.
So I'll take you were having a bad day, tommorow is another.

Move along...

If your gonna sitin the same place for 12hours, consume things in the process and then leave ALL of your crap there (im not talking an item here and there) then yeah i am gonna pick on the homeless! there is NO real reason as to why they cant clean their own mess up, you give me one good reason why a homeless person cant put their rubbish in a bin? are they not able-bodied? or just bone idle?

the ignorance of ATS these days is outstanding, defending people leaving their crap on the streets purely because they're apparently homeless!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You're cold hearted.
Your biggest concern is their rubbish on the streets, but never crossed your mind to buy them a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Screw garbage, winter's coming, and they're outside. THINK ABOUT THAT!!!

eta: Oh, HAVE A NICE DAY STRANGER

edit on 19-11-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well since you know exactly who is leaving litter, make a complaint.isn't it illegal? Oh wait, its easier to come on ATS and bag impoverished people for making you uncomfortablele.. circumstances

You're really a champion. My bad.

Dirty homeless folk should just go away.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To be honest, there is no real reason for anyone to be homeless in the UK and chances are most of these "homeless" people actually have a home.

Begging is actually a crime too, a lot of beggars do it by choice not necessity that's just a fact over here. If your homeless get some help and emergency accommodation it's not that hard and advice is even free at multiple places.

I know a homeless person, he cannot be helped and never begs. He picks up cigarette ends and other things alike but he will not accept help, the poor bugger used to live down the road from me years back... we (everyone) call him marbles because all he does is walk about all day and night looking for, well. He's marbles.

A total lost cause.

A large percentage of beggars are just drug addicts or people too stubborn or stupid to get the help they deserve, I'm not saying I won't help a homeless person or a beggar just that they need to want help in the first place. Not money for the pub or another McDonald's or possibly even heroin.

Homelessness is a whole different thing here in the UK, not to say it doesn't exist because it does.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

winofiend

Well since you know exactly who is leaving litter, make a complaint.isn't it illegal? Oh wait, its easier to come on ATS and bag impoverished people for making you uncomfortablele.. circumstances

You're really a champion. My bad.

Dirty homeless folk should just go away.

Like I mentioned, homeless is a different ball game totally in the UK.
Here is a few links so you can see what I mean

Emergency Housing
Legal definition of homeless

As mentioned a lot of people choose homelessness or are too stubborn or useless to do anything about it, then for those their is always citizens advice.

I do however feel for the true homeless, the ones who are walking damaged goods. They tend to stay away from the city center's and such, they do need help. Real victims of society for one reason or another, the rest though are living that way by choice for reasons such as a warrant out for their arrest or it's easier to score their next hit.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Picking on the homeless lol, I doubt they get a litter collection, maybe they want an on the spot fine so they can spend christmas in jail and get warm and fed,

If not for you to judge the homeless, society gives them nothing so why should they obey you rules. you get annoyed with their rubbish, perhaps they get a little annoyed that you live in a house and they are in the cold, they have to sit in the rubbish while you can walk away to your nice house,maybe they use it for bedding, you don't give them anything yet they say have a nice day.
Sound decent enough to me' so why not tell them to pick up the rubbish.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

I came out of bankrupt court and had £3 on me, it was raining and I gave a homeless guy £1, my solicitor said why did you give him that he will only go to the pub and get a drink.

I said well if I was homeless and it was raining and someone gave me a pound would you not go to the pub, I would.

We are lucky we have a warm house to go home to.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

silly ranter
you've been here since 2009
and you're unaware that quite a few members here have been homeless theirselves?

and not because they're bums, we're talking being foreclosed into the gutter, or sudden loss of jobs here.

there may even be 1 or 2 posting here too

heck, if my granma hadn't worked her ass off for nearly 50 years I'd have not inherited the roof over my head...

as for the slobs outside your call center job, blame your bosses for being so cheap they set up in the worst part of town to save money. [I mean Leeds, every british comic book I've read where Leeds is mentioned had a very low opinion of the place sooo...]

will agree with the have a nice day hypocrisy it seriously Pisses me off when the local junkies and crackheads nonchalantly and in offensively familiar tone ask for a puff, [cause like sure, I'm going to take my ciggie out of my mouth, pass it to them for a puff or two AND THEN PUT IT BACK IN MY MOUTH!,
] and when upon being refused reply: god bless you in a now snarky and huffy tone. those not quick enough to get out of earshot in time really make my day as they are happily informed that they should keep their blessing, as they oh so obviously need it more than I.

just wear headphones as you walk on by and spare yourself the venomous spittle of garter snakes trying to bite a dragon
[to mangle Nietzsche's "take back your poison, you are not rich enough..."]
edit on 19-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A call Centre, a call centre. for years I have been plagued by these Fckers, night day trying to sell something. I would rather have 100 homeless people tipping rubbish in my garden than have to put up with you.

You dont see their rubbish when in your house, I have tio put up with your rubbish IN MY HOUSE.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wait till January when the #ing Romanians get in they will have the streets looking like a bombs hit. I for one will not give any foreign beggar a penny, if all they are bringing to the party is begging and thievery then they should be shot back over the Chanel from a cannon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join