It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State Airport in Syracuse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.syracuse.com...

Saw this on the news last night and thought to myself, "oh crap"! After reading about it I'm still not sure where I stand on this. I'm all for prevention of terrorists attack but are these "tubes" too far?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

It's just doors mate. Fancy doors, but doors.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

But fancy doors scare us Americans. I'm okay with it. Certain measures must be taken for OUR safety. Okay....rant time. You know what really grinds my gears?? These people who complain about airport security. They want safety, safety, safety but when one of them is inconvenienced by a search or one of their high end bottles of shampoo is confiscated its the end of the world. Deal with it!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Here's a question Catfish. I don't know who you are so from my point of view you're an average American, so in your own opinion how bad have things gotten in the U.S?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

"You're not allowed to just leave the airport,''

Says who? Yeah, that is an airport I will never go to...... Talk about a fire hazard. Or what about someone shooting the place up? Can't get away because some fancy control freak doors? Thanks but no thanks. Not that I would ever use an airport these days anyways, but if I did, it wouldn't be one like that.
edit on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:23:12 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

EA006

Here's a question Catfish. I don't know who you are so from my point of view you're an average American, so in your own opinion how bad have things gotten in the U.S?

Excellent question!! I'm 38 and live in Oklahoma. I'm a blue collar worker. I walk up to ten miles a day reading meters regardless of the weather. I've read meters in 2 ft of snow and ive read meters in 115 degree heat. I'm a middle class guy with a wife and 2 kids. I'm sickened by our politicians. I vowed that I will never vote again. Its a waste. Our country is full of brainwashed boobs thtat would rather watch American Idol or some other rubbish than read a book. We have our noses so far up our electronic devises that we've lost our people skills. Our children are selfish and brats. Its all about me me me and I am guilty as is everyone else. I'm trying to change. My eyes are no longer closed. So that's a start right?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by EA006

But fancy doors scare us Americans. I'm okay with it. Certain measures must be taken for OUR safety. Okay....rant time. You know what really grinds my gears?? These people who complain about airport security. They want safety, safety, safety but when one of them is inconvenienced by a search or one of their high end bottles of shampoo is confiscated its the end of the world. Deal with it!!!

You hit the nail on the yea, S&F for you. It's always either TOO much security until something happens, and then its NOT enough. Go figure :p

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Like an above poster stated, this is merely a fancy door to get passengers into or out of the restricted area (searched passengers & employees) so that they can't just sneak back in. (it happens a lot--which is then followed by complaints that they didn't know and they don't want to submit to being re-searched, which is the procedure)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I see. Is that the general consensus then? America has become a "something else"?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

EA006

I see. Is that the general consensus then? America has become a "something else"?

Yes. not the once great nation it was. Still good tho. Don't get me wrong. I love my country but the government has ruined it. Too much government. Reminds me of a comic book I read when I was a kid. The Watchmen. The slogan is "who watches the watchmen?".

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
These doors have obviously been in planning for awhile, and no one finds it 'coincidental' that a shooting at LAX was very recent that took advantage of what these doors are supposed to stop?......Especially when a number of threads have spawned at how much that shooting 'stunk' ......did someone get their timing wrong? Were these doors installed too early or did the shooting scenario execute too late? Why would a remodeling of a low volume airport include security features for an incident that had never occurred previously? It is just too strange.....we have a shooting using the exit corridor of an airport then unveil new security doors.....or is it just me?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My bank just installed them; it searches you for weapons before you can go thru the inner door.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

signalfire
My bank just installed them; it searches you for weapons before you can go thru the inner door.

Next will be schools. Then theaters. Then on and on and on. Will it stop the next mass murder?

new topics

top topics

join