It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CMS Official says: Only 30 Percent of HealthCare.gov System Has Been Built

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It looks like the ObamaCare Federal website is a bigger boondoggle than we thought.

Testimony from Henry Chao (deputy chief information officer for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) states that something like 70% of the website system is not built !!

Those primary functions are payments systems and some other back office things.

Unbelievable since this has been in progress for more than 3 years.

Incompetence beyond belief or planned "Chaos" ?

A chief official responsible for building the federal health-insurance exchange revealed that as much as 70 percent of the system still needs to be built.

Henry Chao, the deputy chief information officer for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, told a House subcommittee that the administration still needs to construct the payment systems and other “back office” functions, which constitute 60 to 70 percent of the system.

The White House has said that HealthCare.gov will be functioning for a “vast majority of people” by its self-imposed November 30 deadline. On Monday, reports said that the administration will consider the website a “success” if 80 percent of users are able to enroll by the end of the month.

CMS Official: Only 30 Percent of HealthCare.gov System Has Been Built

Perhaps this is a consolidation move that will allow the insurance companies themselves to "handle things".

Here's something interesting....

On a mission to help people bypass distressed health-insurance websites, the Obama administration said it may allow big insurers to directly sign up those who qualify for tax credits, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

Currently, customers who are eligible for subsidies can get them only when purchasing coverage on the exchanges. The Obamacare website was launched on Oct. 1 and since then has had various technical problems. ....

... The new concession can help some people work around troubled insurance websites, including HealthCare.gov. The administration said it is working with insurers to eliminate the technical hurdles for the plan

White House working with insurers to bypass HealthCare.gov

more confusion for people,

and even more red tape for insurance companies....

and probable fuel for rate hikes again !!

Find Obama's "emphasis" and think about the *Opposite* ?????

and we don't know for sure if any of the State operated systems are having these problems

more than half of the States and Territories are using the Federal website.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If the payment part of the website is unbuilt then how did anybody sign up at all?
Is it possible that the numbers they gave us are just totally fabricated?
is this the twilight zone?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

dashen
If the payment part of the website is unbuilt then how did anybody sign up at all?

good question.

I think they have all the info stored in a database.

Now they are scrambling to figure out how to actually get the policies into the hands of buyers.

Most of what we are being told could be an illusion.

The insurance companies might be able to access the database externally and extract the payment info ?

The whole thing could be a bigger problem than we or even they think.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Anyone else notice the complete lack of embarrassment,
or remorse? I think that is a huge clue.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

dashen

rather, if the payment part of the website isn't built, perhaps it really is FREE HEALTHCARE.

lmao. oh, brother - did they really go all-in with Ace-high??

this is unbelievable

edit on 4141x6741America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Meanwhile....how much money was made to create the system and all that grant money that was paid out for navigators??!!

We are being laughed at me thinks.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Looks like they are going to be needing another 5 billion dollars or so, to get another 30% built..

These people need to have their houses bulldozed and be reincarnated into pigs so they can actually be a benefit to the human race.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Obama and all the idiots he has counseling him are IMHO retarded. You should make a special law called "Criminal Idiocy" where the person is such an idiot, such a sociopath, such a vile piece of human excrement, as we find consistently in government and the banking sector, that it's truly offensive to nature and their DNA must be expunged from the gene pool.

I know everyone here will understand what I am saying. You set a tax rate, it applies to everyone and is built into their income taxes, or you make a federal tax on purchases. If you don't spend a lot of money, eg, your poor, the health care doesn't cost a lot, if you do spend a lot of money and your rich it does, s**t happens. You give everybody a card or they use their social security number until the whole thing is up and running.

FFS's what is wrong with the idiots in the US government that they have to drag this crap out? It isn't rocket science! I feel sorry for Americans that they are saddled with such a corrupt and incompetent government. Oh wait, I'm in Canada, I feel sorry for us too that we have such a corrupt and incompetent government. Oh wait, apply that to any colony or country in the world, it's just the US government incompetency is soooo visible right now between healthcare.dumb_n_dumber.gov, the NSA.twits and the federalreserve.scam.

ETA. One last thing you should be asking yourself, Why is the IRS which happens to be a collection agency for the FED, involved in health care? The assclowns at any government taxation entity destroy health, ergo they should not be involved in anything that remotely relates to health. Would you willingly send in a rapist to provide security at a college female dormitory or have pedophiles run a daycare center?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/19.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: The ETA

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

Obama and all the idiots he has counseling him are iMHO retarded.

You set a tax rate, it applies to everyone and is built into their income taxes, or you make a federal tax on purchases. If you don't spend a lot of money, eg, your poor, the health care doesn't cost a lot, if you do spend a lot of money and your rich it does, s**t happens. You give everybody a card or they use their social insurance number until the whole thing is up and running.

FFS's what is wrong with the idiots in the US government that they have to drag this crap out? It isn't rocket science! I feel sorry for Americans that they are saddled with such a corrupt and incompetent government. Oh wait, I'm in Canada, I feel sorry for us too that we have such a corrupt and incompetent government. Oh wait, apply that to any colony or country in the world, it's just the US government incompetency is soooo visible right now between healthcare.dumb_n_dumber.gov, the NSA.twits and the federalreserve.scam.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/19.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

whoa whoa whoa -- you can't use that word

you can't use the word "counseling" -- there's obviously no counseling going on, there's a sh*t-TON of raping going on... but I don't see any evidence of counseling.

Is obama done with his round of golf yet? I'm sure he beat Kim Jong Il's record of 38 under & 11 hole-in-ones.

what, did you think I was referring to your using the word "retarded" LOL

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Testimony from Henry Chao (deputy chief information officer for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) states that something like 70% of the website system is not built !!

Is that what he really said?

There's the back office systems, the accounting systems, the payment systems they still need to be built..
Healthcare.gov: the online application, verification, determination, plan compare, getting enrolled, generating enrollment transactions, that's 100% there.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i'm unsure if that's the good news or the bad news? either way i do not think this crazy thing called ACA is ever going to work out.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I smell a rat in this whole debacle. There is no way they can be this incompetent. I don't know what it is, but there's way more to the story than we're being told.

How can the same government that's able to put a camera on a flees butt, spy on the dead and see lightyears into the past, screw this up? I don't buy it. There is something much more to this and I think when we find out, it will be worse than we ever anticipated.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Bilk22
I smell a rat in this whole debacle. There is no way they can be this incompetent. I don't know what it is, but there's way more to the story than we're being told.

How can the same government that's able to put a camera on a flees butt, spy on the dead and see lightyears into the past, screw this up? I don't buy it. There is something much more to this and I think when we find out, it will be worse than we ever anticipated.

have to agree with your theory, one thing politicians are not is stupid; deceptive, corrupt and shallow perhaps.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

OceanSpray

Bilk22

have to agree with your theory, one thing politicians are not is stupid; deceptive, corrupt and shallow perhaps.
Yes. Obama, as most presidents are, and possibly more so, is concerned with his legacy. He's is a politician first and foremost. This is his signature legislation. There's no way he would have forced the rollout on time if he knew it was going to fail and you damn well know he knew everything about it prior. So what gives? Was it supposed to fail? There are a lot of missing dots, but there is much more to this story.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OceanSpray

Nice avatar by the way and welcome to this crazy place. Interested in seeing more from you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Bilk22

OceanSpray

Bilk22

Yes. Obama, as most presidents are, and possibly more so, is concerned with his legacy. He's is a politician first and foremost. This is his signature legislation. There's no way he would have forced the rollout on time if he knew it was going to fail and you damn well know he knew everything about it prior. So what gives? Was it supposed to fail? There are a lot of missing dots, but there is much more to this story.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

as a long time lurker here i have come to see that what we seemingly have is a society based on competition, dog eat dog, little to no working together, free for all, get yours before the other guy gets his etc.. i think the wealthy whom run our world are cashing in on everyone else these days and doing everything in their power to remain in power. sick society, filled with uncaring individuals mostly is what we have.

it was supposed to fail i believe, the evidence points to that for certain.

edit- many thanks Bilk
edit on 19-11-2013 by OceanSpray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

dashen

No payments have been made into the system, and that means that in reality no one has ever actually signup for ACA. No payment means no plan. All so -called enrolees are in a holding pattern - aka limbo. You are not in until you are paid up. They designed so that you couldn't pay. Smile all you Obama worshipers out there - you've been had big time

BTW - Everything is going according to plan, and there really is no incompetence here in the true sense of the term - it only looks that way so as to deceive you - the general public. All bumbling has been feigned - everything has been rather deviously planned to move in the direction of a Single Payer Marxist System. All signs of failure are to be understood as "intended consequences." This seeming ineptitude, which can only lead to a collapse of the entire system, was set up intentionally, i.e., it was all done on purpose because they want to undermine and gut the individual marketplace.

Indeed, as many liberals are beginning to admit openly, the ultimate goal is a universal, single-payer health care system. O'Care is simply a 'progressive' step toward the liberal progressives dream of completely nationalizing the health care industry. SP means that the government will have total and complete control over your entire life - I am NOT joking around either. AND I am NOT exaggerating as in hyperbole.

Very few people understand the implications of Single Payer. For a clue think of Marxism. Do you even understand Marxism? If not think communism!

edit on 19-11-2013 by ValdoVonz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

We can parse his words but as a taxpayer, I don't want to stomach it. $630+ Million and counting and we are going to play semantics?

I know you are a supporter of this administration and that's fine. You are free to do so. I have not believed in an administration since I was a child and knew no better. I am free to do so. But dammit, you just gave these jokers over half a billion dollars!!! For a mere website and its supporting architecture.

If I was a supporter of the President, I would be pissed. Kinda' like if I supported the last President and the whole Iraq mess. Neither is defendable by a thinking, caring person.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ValdoVonz

This is the only line we need to pay attention in the entire article and you'll get the whole point -

“The back office systems, the accounting systems, the payment systems, they still need to be [built],” Chao said.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I think he is talking about payments from insurance companies / government to doctors, hospitals and other medical providers for services rendered.

This is most likely needed due to the subsidies being added to the checks, or it may just be the subsidy dollars by themselves.

So if I am right doctors may start to not get paid and decide not to accept obamacare policies until the problem gets fixed. Considering these policies are to start going into effect by January, there is pretty much zero chance this gets built in time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join