It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered cave paintings in Brazil depict possible prehistoric alien interaction.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Thanks Granite. There's a lot of great material in that website you linked. Rock art is fascinating. It truly was ancient mans most efficient and lasting medium of communication.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You never know though. Hell I'm still trying to read whats on my rock!

It make's for a cool Avatar though!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Big one looks like a robot XD

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised to see so many thumbs-down....their art is more detailed and capable of showing the artist's intent...which was a big headed one.....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
A publication from my alma mater discusses this and tries to answer some of the questions mentioned in the OP and replies.

Such as:

Why the delay in media reporting from 2009

In fact, this discovery was made in 2009. The story is just now coming to light because all members kept quiet until archaeologists were able to assess the paintings and publish a paper in Revista Clio Arqueológica.

Keuroghlian and the other ecologists kept mum about their discovery for four years, which allowed the archeologists to conduct their work away from the preying eyes of sight-seers, or worse, looters.

What the hell a white-lipped peccary is and why anyone would study them

A hog-like creature called the white-lipped peccary dashed through the Brazilian rainforest. Tracking the signal from the animal’s radio collar tagging device, a team of wildlife conservationists was not far behind. Their mission is to preserve the rainforest, and that’s why they’re tracking the strange mammals that live there.

Keuroghlian studies white-lipped peccaries because the herd’s movements through a rainforest indicate how much that rainforest has been affected by human activities like deforestation and hunting.

What they think the drawings are of

The ancient paintings depict some geometric shapes and figures. Mostly, the people there painted animals – giant cats, armadillos, deep, birds and reptiles. The ancient Brazilians, did not, however, draw a single white-lipped peccary.

And, what significance these finds have for archeologists

What Aguilar and his partner Keny Marques Lima found is remarkable. Possibly painted up to 10,000 years ago, some of the cave drawings actually depict a northeastern Brazilian artistic style. The cave is in central Brazil, and also reflects some drawings in the expected central Brazilian style. These cave paintings have expanded the view of regional differences among early hunter-gatherers.

...so, kind of a East Coast/West Coast rap thang? Well, Northeast Brazil/Central Brazil Art Thang, at least.
edit on 20/11/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomlord

In the final picture of your first post, above and to the right of the black and white symbol, is a drawing of a wolf which I find fascinating. The economy of line, the movement, the perspective, the way the eye is drawn - the more I look the better it gets.

Cave paintings of aliens seems to be a wide field. My own view is that early man did not experience his consciousness being restricted to his body, but was able to move it at will, and view things from the perspective of a bird or fish -- so I would not personally assume that anything painted on the wall was necessarily "real."

The archive of rock art is a splendid find, thanks for that.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It is the spiral that I find the most interesting. That has been found on every continent I believe. I thought it had to do with spiritual beliefs?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

olaru12

Brazil...........

I'm speculating that those drawing represent the beings they encountered while chewing on the psychedelic jungle vines.

Much of these cave and rock paintings/carving worldwide have to do with shamanistic actions and thus high on whatever. Its amazing how similar and even same much of this "artwork" is world wide.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Pretty sure that was drawn in the 80's

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Rocks.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

About those large "ears".

There are number of other humans or "humanoids" depicted in these cave paintings that don't have large "ears" like the central figure we're referring to. So why would there be inconstancy in the portrayal of humans? Some with large "ears" and others without?

I theorize that the artist was actually trying to draw a distinction by depicting these figures with different features. Considering the variance in physical features portrayed in all of the different figures, I would think it would be hard to draw the conclusion that the artist was simply trying to draw a bunch of humans and messed up the details?

I'd also like to point out that, in the original findings report, the researchers described the central "human-like" figure we're discussing as anthropomorphic, having both human and animal features. So, the researching scientists themselves came to the conclusion that this "human-like" figure is not a depiction of a full human, but rather of a human-animal hybrid.

You're welcome to your own interpretations, as always.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There are things written down on rocks and in caves so long ago people actually do care! Main stream ideas do not apply since it could change what has been written as History as Fact! And some do not want that to change period.

No one could actually say What was written down and why. It is a guessing game really. How could one say using any facts what so ever that this is what craved, painted, eched on stone long ago. Sure some might put some missing pieces togetter and come up with an idea. Thats all it is!

Odd part is they have found it way before you did and hid it from us or just actually found it themselves. So keep an open mind and enjoy what you are seeing.

It is from so long ago, we might never know what was actually written, yet it is another strange picture and has value in our past History. Never forget that!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

dollukka
Can´t make a connection to that. People in those days didn´t have good tools for making pictures so they aren´t that accurate to make a assumption to one way or the other... I surely like the efford on those big ears

See no aliens just shows Barack Obama is a time traveler i just knew something was strange. Now we know why he didnt have a birth certificate he isnt from our time.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

TBrains

olaru12

Brazil...........

I'm speculating that those drawing represent the beings they encountered while chewing on the psychedelic jungle vines.

www.wearewildness.com...

Offensive much?? Not to mention your little "herb" it not even Brazilian, it's from Peru and Bolivia.
But obviously no one cares if the South Americans get offended, so I'm not even gonna bother.

Now, onto the actual topic: There's this cave somewhere to the north of the state I live in that have cave paintings that have been dated as far as 15k years back. Which is like insane considering most theories say our native people came here about 10 to 8 thousand years ago. AND also it has been confirmed that the "tribe" that did those paints are absolutely not related at all to the native indigenous people we have here. In fact, there's this theory that says our natives actually kicked out the people here before! Which is obviously insanely ironic. And they most likely resembled people from pre-historic Africa, judging from the shape of the skull and such. They named the skull they found as "Luzia", if I'm not mistaken. You guys might wanna look into that, it's a very interesting topic too

So funny this topic showed up now in here, since I just bought a book about all that like 2 weeks ago.

Oh, also, I have no idea what is up with those wolves. We don't have wolves in here. At all. The closest with we have is the "red wolf" which is actually a type of fox. Well, actually I don't know, the keep changing his "type" back and forth from "lupus" to "vulpes" like every 10 years or so, so I have no idea where we are right now. But the thing is: we have no wolves/wild dogs/coyotes here. Is it possible that we did all those years ago but they vanish somehow, maybe? Or maybe, considering these paintings happened around the last ice age, it may have been that the weather here has gotten cold enough to support this kind of wildlife.

We do have an amazing assortment of jungle felines tho. So I think the 5th image was actually showing one of those.

Now, the anthropomorphs paintings are certainly... disturbing, to say the least D: One of them also totally looks like the robot from My Giant, but I'm gonna ignore that because I am also totally pro the ancient alien theories, and I don't wanna end up making fun of something which is clearly pretty relevant to it.

Dimethyltryptamine

When ingested, '___' acts as a psychedelic drug.[7] Depending on the dose and method of administration, its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences; these are often described as a total loss of connection to external reality and an experience of encountering indescribable spiritual/alien realms.[8] Indigenous Amazonian Amerindian cultures consume '___' as the primary psychoactive in ayahuasca, a shamanistic brew used for divinatory and healing purposes

Supernatural-Graham Hancock
There's those damn geometric shapes again!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Those are very interesting, and it does seem to depict an event, but it does not hold a candle to the evidence we have in San Rafael Swell region of Utah. Not only do these images CLEARLY depict what appears to be an actual encounter/event with some type of beings, but we have the American Indians themselves who describe EXACTLY what they are.

Look at this, here are the "beings" descending down a staircase from a "star".

Right next to it on the same panel, we can clearly see what looks to be some type of being or robot on the left, and a group of HUMANS with cattle on the right.

Another part of a panel with a few odd figures.

One of the stranger panels I have come across in my travels, it shows a Hopi "Ant Person" inside of what appears to be some sort of reptilian.

I have personally been to hundreds of panels, and they are all as weird as these. I am 100% positive something happened in our past that is currently either forgotten or concealed. I have no reason to believe the American Indians made this up, nor do I believe they could even IMAGINE something like this let alone put it on stone EVERYWHERE. They saw something, that much I am sure of. Just google Barrier Canyon pictographs and you will see the absolute best evidence of extra terrestrial visitations in our past, in my opinion.

edit on 20-11-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by derbz

I respect Graham and his opinion greatly, but I am going to have to disagree with his assessment of the cave art. He says it's supernatural, and it's basically a guess. The American Indians themselves and most other cultures will tell you exactly what they were, and they don't say supernatural.

I think graham might feel the way he does because of his experience with ayuhauasca, but again, he has literally no proof at all for this claim, in fact the evidence suggests otherwise.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

roncoallstar
reply to post by derbz

I respect Graham and his opinion greatly, but I am going to have to disagree with his assessment of the cave art. He says it's supernatural, and it's basically a guess. The American Indians themselves and most other cultures will tell you exactly what they were, and they don't say supernatural.

I think graham might feel the way he does because of his experience with ayuhauasca, but again, he has literally no proof at all for this claim, in fact the evidence suggests otherwise.

Can you elaborate? He does not state in the video, nor in the book, that the cave art was put there by anything supernatural. Where did you get this impression from?

As I understand it, and of course nothing is absolute, he believes that they are shaman's representations of entities and creatures that they experience during their journeys through different stages of consciousness. For instance, when people go on a spiritual journey, the first things they "see" are patterns. You find these geometric patterns in a lot of cave art. He suggests that this isn't due to some common biological trait in humans, but due to the passing of the same "spiritual threshold" by humans.
As far what other cultures say, well, those cultures are where he gets his information from, largely. Except he talks to the oldest ones. Ones that have been genetically shown to probably have existed 5-25,000 years ago or more. It's quite a long book and hard to summarize.
Certainly it's pretty widely accepted that "shamans" of every culture have been invoking altered states of consciousness for thousands of years? Seems like something they'd "write" about. /shrug.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by derbz

Yes I didn't mean it was put there by supernatural means, but that he says that they were drawn by humans depicting their "supernatural" encounters. I understand what he is saying, and to some degree I agree. Our ancestors do talk about a spirit realm, most notably with shamans and American Indians. However, this is completely separate from the real world, and our ancestors specifically say that there were beings who descended from they stars. Now to say that every single petroglyph and pictograph depicts the same thing is unreasonable, but what I am saying is that the evidence that we have compiled as a civlization SPECIFICALLY states that these are ETs, not a figment of our imagination.

That is why I disagree with Graham, he has no evidence and it reminds me of our modern scientists. They ignore what our ancestors say and basically label them as liars, dummies or drug addicts who were hallucinating and create their own theories. That's not to say that he could not be right, just that there is no evidence to support his claim other than his own experiences.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by derbz

Also I'd like to point out that in my opinion, shapes like spirals and grids can be interpreted in so many ways, saying that they are linked because of a supernatural event just doesn't hold water without sufficent evidence to back it up. Photos like the ones I posted above speak for themselves, although II suppose it is possible the beings in my photos are supernatural and Graham could be right

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Regarding the geometric shapes, I was actually surprised to find that they indeed WERE linked. Or rather, it wouldn't be very surprising if they were, scientifically. We are all humans, hardwired in similar ways, no matter where we're from.
Our common physiology would seem to say that if one person on one side of the world ingests something or performs some action that causes an "altered state", a person on the other side of the world would view that state in the same, or a very similar way, as long as the same type of chemical compound was ingested. For instance, you react to Tylenol as one over in Taiwan would react. South American shaman sees what African tribesman sees. They both see a reoccurring shape or pattern because their brains process it in the exact same way. Of course, Hancock argues that this has nothing to do with physiology of humans, no, he states that they're actually reaching the same extradimensional plane.
I'm not saying there weren't aliens, but there's a lot of evidence pointing to the spiritual/ritualistic nature of many of these cave paintings. I don't see why both can't be true. Maybe aliens are jealous of our ability to reach these extra dimensions naturally? idk.
edit on 21-11-2013 by derbz because: really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join