It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly discovered cave paintings in Brazil depict possible prehistoric alien interaction.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wildlife Conservation Society biologists have discovered cave paintings that are allegedly 4,000-10,000 years old in the Taboco region of the southwestern Brazilian state of Mato Grosso do Sul.

article source with larger images

scholarly source

The discovery was made in 2009 and is just now making the rounds in the media. As I understand it, publishing academic/scientific papers sometimes takes a while. Is four years normal? You tell me.

The discovery was made in 2009, when Dr Alexine Keuroghlian of the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Brazil Program and her colleagues were conducting surveys of white-lipped peccaries, herd-forming pig-like animals that travel long distances and are environmental indicators of healthy forests.

Dr Rodrigo Luis Simas de Aguiar, an archaeologist with the Federal University of Grande Dourados, determined that the Taboco cave paintings were made between 4,000 – 10,000 years ago by hunter-gatherer societies that either occupied the caves, or used them specifically for their artistic activities. The paintings are described in a paper published in the journal Revista Clio Arqueológica (full paper).

Geological dating has yet to be done, so Dr Rodrigo Luis Simas de Aquiar must be speculating.

The scientists hope to conduct cave floor excavations and geological dating at the sites in order to fully interpret the paintings.

Here's a few images of a painting depicting an interaction between one of the "anthropomorphs" and other humanoids:

Painting of a human-like figure and symbols in a cave in the Taboco region, the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. Image credit: Alexine Keuroghlian / WCS.

Certainly "human-like", but notice the unusual head shape. The figure on the far right appears to be a human, following another smaller being. I'm going out on a limb here, but could this be a prehistoric account of alien interaction? It looks like there's what could be interpreted as a focused beam of light shining down on a man to the far left of the painting.

Depictions of other anthropomorph beings found around the site:

Paintings of cat and prey or of monkeys?

Paintings of a cat and prey in a cave in the Taboco region, the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. Image credit: Liana Joseph / WCS.

Depictions of animals among what could be interpreted as stars and the sun.

Depictions of spirals, perhaps galaxies.

And wolves.

Of course, the paintings have been damaged by time or vandalism, and a lot of the details are altered as a result. However, the basic details are still there. Do you think this discovery lends credibility to the theories about man's prehistoric relations with intelligent beings from other worlds? What do you think?

PL
edit on 19-11-2013 by phantomlord because: accuracy

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I am afraid I cannot make a conclusion anywhere near that.

All I can conclude for sure is that at some point in time, someone drew stuff on a cave wall.

Anything beyond that seems mighty precarious, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I know it's cliche at this point but:

Seriously. How do you draw the conclusion that these cave paintings depict aliens? Looks like primitive attempts at painting people and animals to me... Something you'd expect neolithic people to depict in 10000 bc.
edit on 19-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Can´t make a connection to that. People in those days didn´t have good tools for making pictures so they aren´t that accurate to make a assumption to one way or the other... I surely like the efford on those big ears

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I am speculating.
edit on 19-11-2013 by phantomlord because: accuracy

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

phantomlord
Wildlife Conservation Society biologists have discovered cave paintings that are allegedly 4,000-10,000 years old in the Taboco region of the southwestern Brazilian state of Mato Grosso do Sul. ...

Sincere appreciation for bringing this to our attention.
Plenty to consider.
Take all the guesses you want...and see if they prove-out.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
S&F for an interesting article.

Unfortunately I dont see aliens, just very average artists working with very average tools.
If you look at the pic where you highlighted the outline of the figure, the misshapen head is not in the paint but rather on the rock and I think the things on the head are meant to represent ears.

As or the others I just see sloppy attention to detail, if the pics of the animals were highly detailed and correct you may be onto something but the crappiness is consistent.

I do think alot of prehistoric art may depict other worldly beings but not these ones.

Cool never the less

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As much as I like to keep an open mind when it comes to alien's debate, I can say this doesn't look extraterrestrial at all.

Still a very interesting find OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't see Aliens either.

In the case where there's animals portrayed against a starry background, it might be representative of the time honored tradition of connecting the dots of stars into animal or people shapes and making up stories about them (like how we have our constellations and zodiac signs to this day).

This petroglyphs are more likely a view of the inside of people's heads than it is anything from anywhere else in the Universe.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah, it's debatable whether or not these paintings depict "aliens" per se. Taking the findings as a whole however, isn't it unusual that prehistoric people thought of these concepts and recorded them on a wall? Anthropomorphic human-animal hybrids and galaxy-like spirals?

edit on 19-11-2013 by phantomlord because: grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomlord

Its a couple of doodles ..... i do that sh*t all the time with paper and pen, what's to say ancient people did not get bored with the ancient conversation and do it on walls ........... Yes dear, No dear ......... doodle doodle

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Brazil...........

I'm speculating that those drawing represent the beings they encountered while chewing on the psychedelic jungle vines.

www.wearewildness.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We sure did love drawing spirals back then.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yeh, it's a tough sell. The weird head could just as easily be an early depiction of Human, ears included.

I much prefer the Australian Aborigine paintings of what look like humanoids with helmets.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I just see a lot of primitive drawings. Yeah, I SUPPOSE they could be aliens. Just like some crayon drawings by little kids might be aliens. Otherwise, there is nothing absolutely nothing at all including zero nada and zilch to even suggest aliens and therefore the inclusion of this subject here is completely baffling to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
S&F for an interesting article.

Unfortunately I dont see aliens, just very average artists working with very average tools.
If you look at the pic where you highlighted the outline of the figure, the misshapen head is not in the paint but rather on the rock and I think the things on the head are meant to represent ears.

What if it's a person wearing a hat?

Is this guy a "conehead" ET?
conehead

hats vs extraterrestrial humanoids? Um?

Next we'll hear from a Dude On YouTube that it was ETs who gave primitive man the awesome technology of millinery.

edit on 19-11-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The first one looks like....Heisenberg! Walt somehow made a time machine! LOL

Fascinating find, I think it is awesome that our ancestors had such creative imaginations. Do I think they might be paintings of aliens? Perhaps...We always deify that which we can't comprehend...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

olaru12

Brazil...........

I'm speculating that those drawing represent the beings they encountered while chewing on the psychedelic jungle vines.

www.wearewildness.com...

Offensive much?? Not to mention your little "herb" it not even Brazilian, it's from Peru and Bolivia.
But obviously no one cares if the South Americans get offended, so I'm not even gonna bother.

Now, onto the actual topic: There's this cave somewhere to the north of the state I live in that have cave paintings that have been dated as far as 15k years back. Which is like insane considering most theories say our native people came here about 10 to 8 thousand years ago. AND also it has been confirmed that the "tribe" that did those paints are absolutely not related at all to the native indigenous people we have here. In fact, there's this theory that says our natives actually kicked out the people here before! Which is obviously insanely ironic. And they most likely resembled people from pre-historic Africa, judging from the shape of the skull and such. They named the skull they found as "Luzia", if I'm not mistaken. You guys might wanna look into that, it's a very interesting topic too

So funny this topic showed up now in here, since I just bought a book about all that like 2 weeks ago.

Oh, also, I have no idea what is up with those wolves. We don't have wolves in here. At all. The closest with we have is the "red wolf" which is actually a type of fox. Well, actually I don't know, the keep changing his "type" back and forth from "lupus" to "vulpes" like every 10 years or so, so I have no idea where we are right now. But the thing is: we have no wolves/wild dogs/coyotes here. Is it possible that we did all those years ago but they vanish somehow, maybe? Or maybe, considering these paintings happened around the last ice age, it may have been that the weather here has gotten cold enough to support this kind of wildlife.

We do have an amazing assortment of jungle felines tho. So I think the 5th image was actually showing one of those.

Now, the anthropomorphs paintings are certainly... disturbing, to say the least D: One of them also totally looks like the robot from My Giant, but I'm gonna ignore that because I am also totally pro the ancient alien theories, and I don't wanna end up making fun of something which is clearly pretty relevant to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Very Nice 1st Thread Phantomlord..S&F

I found a great source for cave art a few months ago. It has a South American cave art database, but not the location in Brazil this "new" find explores:
Bradshaw Foundation Cave Art Library

Ignore the "riffraff" above.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TBrains

Why would anyone be offended? Are you saying ancient people didn't use psychedelics? A lot of ancient traditons the world over were influenced by psychedelics and other drugs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join