It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superbugs could erase a century of medical advances,' experts warn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Reading is something many choose not to do. It does not take much time to find out a great many things on the internet. It does require reading however. In this case...you can find a plethora of information in about 30 minutes of Googling.

Also keep in mind most people think Google is full of personal opinions and misleading gibberish.
Which it clearly is most of the time.

You actually have to be clever to weed through the mess and find the gems.
And when you do find them, you have to learn a ton of new terminology to understand it.

Even the Wiki page on Honey doesn't list 90% of what it has been proven in the lab to achieve.
I did some keyword searches and didn't find any of the big hitters listed.

I simply don't think people can be expected to figure out the Honey secret on their own.
It's hidden well enough to keep 99%+ from discovering it.
Yet it's everywhere around us...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

On the bright side maybe our little debate-exchange will cause people to go look into the subject?
That would be the best possible outcome.

Haha, look at us, instead of arguing about if Honey works, it devolved into "how secret is it really"? Which is mostly subjective so it doesn't actually matter in the end.

What does matter is informing people that there is hope.
And putting a wrench in the MSM's fear mongering campaign.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

muzzleflash

OrphanApology
reply to post by muzzleflash

They aren't suppressing information regarding honey. There are multiple studies and resources on it's effectiveness.

If people choose not to research and read these studies that is their own fault. Honey is one of the few natural proven cures out there where there is a plethora of information online that becomes available with simple searches.

Yeah people like being stupid and suffering all the time.
Sure, it's all their faults.

Everyone should have months of time to devote to trying to figure out if "Honey really is a super medicine" or not. I mean it only took me half a year of research to finally decide it was unstoppable and there isn't anything holding it back.

By the way, since it's not a secret, where are all the threads about it?
Why is my thread the only one aiming for this goal?

I have never seen anyone write about Honey like I did, even here at ATS...
I'm afraid it is clearly suppressed and hidden from the public.

All I see are threads on far inferior methods, such as using metals or taking more Vit C than the body can process. None of which have anywhere the effectiveness of honey. Also honey is dirt cheap in comparison.

And on top of that, when you buy local honey you support the local economy directly.
edit on 19-11-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

I had never heard of the antibacterial properties of honey.

Until now.

Big pharma has really decimated the competition. At least knowledge of it.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 15:21:52 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

True.

I always inform anyone I can of this but I've noticed with average everydayers no one listens. Does that happen to you?

Anyone I meet with infections I always tell them of honey and not a single one so far has listened. It's definitely frustrating.

Either way, honey is cheap, amazing, tasty, and antimicrobial.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

OrphanApology

True.

I always inform anyone I can of this but I've noticed with average everydayers no one listens. Does that happen to you?

Anyone I meet with infections I always tell them of honey and not a single one so far has listened. It's definitely frustrating.

I think the fact is, in the western world "natural" remedies are belittled and proponents of natural medicine are ridiculed.
Especially homeopathy. I find this to be the case in the UK.
It might explain everyones resistance to your information.
Given all the medical scandals, people still trust the "professionals".
Its modern life, it might not be right, but its where we are.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

OrphanApology

True.

I do know of what you speak.
I have tried to inform my friends and family but they simply don't believe the solutions are this simple.

They are convinced 100% that if Honey worked, all Doctors would use it extensively and recommend it directly as a known cure.

It is recommended as a part of treatment for many ailments, however it's on a list under "Hot soup" and other silly things like that. It's hidden extremely well (but it is there - just under a mountain of other stuff).

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

...I think we need to invest heavily into researching new antibiotics

Problem is, the little suckers just develop a new resistance. And the circle goes round and round.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by OneManArmy

...I think we need to invest heavily into researching new antibiotics

Problem is, the little suckers just develop a new resistance. And the circle goes round and round.

And that battle right there is the single biggest proof of evolution as a mechanism.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
These bugs are going through evolution at a speed that is probably 10^6 faster than humans. Whereas it takes at least 20 years for one generation change, it could take about 5 minutes for one generation change with some bacteria or viruses. Even if the best compounds could kill 99.99999% of all the bugs, the other small percentage which survived will have the resistance. After maybe 4 hours, the bacteria will have gone through 300 generation iterations and it will be resistant.

This will become a huge problem.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raptorteeth

Thing is, genetic resistance in microbes spreads horizontally via "horizontal gene transfer," like a cold - not vertically by being passed down generation to generation.

Horizontal gene transfer is the primary reason for bacterial antibiotic resistance,[2][3][4][5][6] and plays an important role in the evolution of bacteria that can degrade novel compounds such as human-created pesticides[7] and in the evolution, maintenance, and transmission of virulence.[8] This horizontal gene transfer often involves temperate bacteriophages and plasmids.[9][10] Genes that are responsible for antibiotic resistance in one species of bacteria can be transferred to another species of bacteria through various mechanisms (e.g., via F-pilus), subsequently arming the antibiotic resistant genes' recipient against antibiotics, which is becoming a medical challenge to deal with.

...Most thinking in genetics has focused upon vertical transfer, but there is a growing awareness that horizontal gene transfer is a highly significant phenomenon and among single-celled organisms perhaps the dominant form of genetic transfer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join