It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America; A Coward Country

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Fail.

You're twisting words and meanings just to suit your own agenda. So don't even bother going down that road. You're justifying subservience to government. You are free to do that, of course.

But don't twist meanings. It's a common tactic of progressives to change the narrative, annoying and boring at the same time.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And we are all educated now in Carl Rove deflect and attack and calling names. And make words like liberals, progressives sound like dirty words. You guys need to update.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by beezzer

And we are all educated now in Carl Rove deflect and attack and calling names. And make words like liberals, progressives sound like dirty words. You guys need to update.

I am simply making an observation.

Agree or disagree. I don't care.

But negating the validity of the observation by attacking the OP with lies and misnomers is hardly mature and noble.

Saul Alinsky tactics are common on ATS, but it has become rather obvious and needs to be called out when done.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just what have I ever done to you, except to have different experiences in life and therefore a different view. That does not make me evil. I vote democrat and write letters. I have been married 34 yrs to same man, three children by same man, worked 39 years as a CNA, no criminal record, never went beyond high school, my three adult children are no burden to taxpayers, my husband and brothers served in Viet Nam, and I love my country. These are turbulent political times. But we have been here before. I thank God and The Veterans that we have that privilege. I don't think either wants us to resort to violence again. But that is just me and if that makes me a bad person, ok.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by beezzer

Just what have I ever done to you, except to have different experiences in life and therefore a different view. That does not make me evil. I vote democrat and write letters. I have been married 34 yrs to same man, three children by same man, worked 39 years as a CNA, no criminal record, never went beyond high school, my three adult children are no burden to taxpayers, my husband and brothers served in Viet Nam, and I love my country. These are turbulent political times. But we have been here before. I thank God and The Veterans that we have that privilege. I don't think either wants us to resort to violence again. But that is just me and if that makes me a bad person, ok.

Where did I call you a bad person?

Do you endorse government subservience? Do you endorse government making decisions best left to the individual?

Define yourself. In these turbulent times, I'm simply stating what I see. And there is a strong lack of individuality. There is a lack of self-determination.

Because government makes all those decisions now.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Of course not. But I do not see democrat policies as government subservience. That is hyperbole. I see a lot to be done in the US for all americans and there probably always will be. I have not given up on americans. I am with Churchill, eventually, we do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

We have people in this thread that see government service as the same as being subservient to government.

The fault lies with progressive policies in both the GOP and DNC and with the social engineering going on that wants government to be the determining factor in every aspect of our lives.

To be honest, I expected some flak from this thread, but the level at which it was received prompts me to provide this.

www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I understand your fear of crossing a line. Personally, I believe we have laws via states that would prevent that. That is why I want a functioning republican party. You may not believe that but it is true. We need to keep each other in check. We need to argue and find solutions. Like families do. I like conspiracy theories, one way of keeping the government in check. But sometimes, those "theories" just don't come up with answers.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

WOW!!!!!!!! Sorry but that's a pretty twisted post. Probably by someone who has been instructed how to think by some media psychopath. You have the first part right, yes most people in this country have been manipulated through fear. But, you screwed the rest of it. It's not a liberal plot to scare people into being dependent on the government.
That is just a totally insane premise.

As with everything in this country you have to follow the money. Ask who gains($) from fear? and who is really running things? Who gains from increased surveillance? Who gains from suppressing wages? Who gains from keeping people uninsured? Who gains from illegal immigration?
Just put "who gains" in front of any social issue question and you will get to who is manipulating through fear.
The only ones who gain from this (and control the government) is BIG BUSINESS!!!!!!! INTERNATIONAL CORPORATIONS!!!!!!! MONOPOLY'S!!!!!!!!! BANKING!!!!!!!

The whole show is run by them and for them.
It's all about mindless corporate profits at the expense of everything else.

For these true puppet masters it is in their interest($$$) to keep everyone scared, poor, stupid and MISINFORMED!!!!!

It is classic conservatism that ran Europe for a 1000 years, also called feudalism or better yet, it's business running the government, I think that's called fascism.
edit on 24-11-2013 by fripw because: misssed stuff

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States" — Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." — President Woodrow Wilson

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years.

It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."
-- David Rockefeller, Speaking at the June, 1991 Bilderberger meeting in Baden, Germany (a meeting also attended by then-Governor Bill Clinton and by Dan Quayle

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12, KJV bible

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

There is a new world order and its clear as day. I dont call them progressives though. I call it old money messing with people behind the scenes. I call them bilderbergers!
edit on 24/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It's strange how people hate the American goverment, when they are blatantly leaving behind clues of enlightenment and recently pushing a more sophisticated anti-christian theme amongst the newer generation. While older folks worry about Obamacare and the latest tragedy/mass shooting, younger kids are learning about conspiracys and the illuminati. Hollywood is a masive propaganda machine in disguise and is currently hinting at their own collapse while at the same time encouraging us to rise up and revolt. They want us to see the three 6's hidden in the Disney logo. They want us to know that September 11th was a giant lie. They want us to wake up. They will not stop orchestrating elaborate hoaxes until we do. More people right now question the truth than ever before in human history. Why does the government allow this website up, while we routinly discuss their corruption daily? Some cowards maybe in America, but expect America to be the first to lead a world wide revolution and send us into our next age of enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

TDawgRex

TheRegal

TDawgRex

CagliostroTheGreat
But my question is, as one of the unwashed masses, what should I do that I am not already doing?

Oh, and by the by, I'm no coward (hence the bloodied heels) I'm no sycophant and I only bleed red because I have no other choice, though green or turquoise would be rad.

Kallisti

The answer looks at you in the mirror everyday. Keep being you, keep growing and never give up. I grew up in a impoverished family, ended up dropping out of high school, homeless, yet never qualifird for welfare (?) and still retired at 48. You can do it.

Never giving up is the key, no matter how low you think you are. Life is a challenge on a daily basis, rise up to it and knock it down.

BTW, by never giving up, you'll end up making enemies as you rise above them. But that's also just part of life.

I'm sorry, but... If you reitred at 48 then your accomplishments were likely in the 60s or 70s and this is barely even the same planet as it was back then. It's really very ignorant to suggest that everyone can do it the same in the same circumstances that you were in 40 years ago.

How many pennies did you have to pay for that phone each month back then?

What did your transportation cost you?

How much did a nice shirt cost you an how long i it alst before falling apart?

Did you need a computer to fill out a job application?

How much debt were you in by the time your schooling was done?

Did you even need a diploma to make decent money?

Di the people who did have diplomas get jobs an not end up making minimum wage an trying to pay off their student loans that got them nowhere?
edit on 22-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

Ah, a product of todays educational system. I retired in 2011. I also said I dropped out of high school (back in '79), but I guess your reading comprehension didn't take in school either. I learned the trades rather than earning a useless piece of paper. Also did time in the service.

I've always bought my own car, clothes (once I left the house), education, etc with my own money. Cash and cash only. I can be hard but it can be done. I hate credit. And I did invest wisely over the years as well.

So before you project your shortcomings onto others, maybe you should do a self assessment. I don't count myself as wealthy, but I am better off than many. And nothing was given to me either, I worked for it.

You realize that you quoted my post and refuted zero of it.

Stick that nose a little higher.

My point was that what you did back then is in absolutely no way similar to the time we live in now.

And, quite frankly, considering you're a high school dropout who wouldn't consider getting a degree, you'd be working at McDicks. Trades require degrees now.

You've proved my point.

Come back with an argument next time and drop the patronisation; it only further outlines that your arguments are invalid. I do not have a language comprehension problem in the slightest.
edit on 26-11-2013 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

Probably the most arrogant and ignorant reply I have ever seen, It definitely ranks up there in the top 10. Congratulations!

This is a perfect example of why the U.S. is a cowardly nation. People hating on those who are successful while they themselves haven't done anything. While I already noted that you failed at reading compression in school, I see that you also failed basic math.

It seems to me that with your attitude, you hate on others because of your own failures. Damn straight I hold my head up high, I busted my ass to get where I'm at today and am debt free for the most part. In todays day and age it still can be done, but too many of today's people equate hard work as being beneath them. They just want to mooch off the system.

edit on 26-11-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I guess I can bite into the OP a little bit, too.

beezzer
Are you against Obamacare? Then you are mean and stupid and want people to die. (not true)

I don't think that's neccessarily the msot common mentality surrounding obamacare. Obamacare itself is a piss-poor system that costs way too much money and isn't efficient. It's the worst healthcare system in the modern world.

However, if we're talking healthcare in general, and you don't agree with it... you don't want people calling you mean or stupid or that you want people to die? Are you telling people that you want them to be more PC towards you and your opinions and be less PC towards people who are dying?

I'm against government-run healthcare, by the way.

Are you against higher taxes? Then you are greedy and mean and don't want to help out poorer people. (not true)

What's the intent of the taxes? Are you simply against higher taxes because the GOP tell you to be? The GOP tends to rail against the "tax the rich" concept, the old robin hood government policy. The problem is that we need to tax huge corporations who send work overseas and ruin the economy, and have harsher punishments for public officials who get in bed with these corporations for personal gain. Did you know that every Big Mac sold costs tax payers over $15 in subsidies for the food production and welfare for their underpayed workers? Why are the commoners picking up the bill when McDonalds is the one turning exponential profits off of it?

Are you against PC? Then you are a bigot or a fascist. A hater who doesn't want equality. (not true)

What exactly could you possibly be saying that makes people so aggravated with you, and is it not ridiculous to demand that they not say it and be politically correct towards your lack of political correctness?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Probably the most arrogant and ignorant reply I have ever seen, It definitely ranks up there in the top 10. Congratulations!

This is a perfect example of why the U.S. is a cowardly nation. People hating on those who are successful while they themselves haven't done anything.

It seems to me that with your attitude, you hate on others because of your own failures. Damn straight I hold my head up high.

Why is it that I wasn't expecting you to bring a blink of content to your reply?

Arrogant and ignorant? Takes one to accuse one -- you're obviously not very accurate on any of your accusations, though.

I'm lucky enough to have the math and language comprehension to be a web programmer. I'm doing fine, thanks. Many of my friends aren't; I don't sit around all day telling them that they are doing it wrong and need to just be exactly like me and do what I did. You know why? Cause I'm not an arrogant, ignorant prick.

Take notes. You'll get more friends. For those people who you haven't already convinced yourself are completely stupid and worthless and lazy based on incredibly juvenile, asinine criteria.

Keep in mind that you just told a web programmer that he failed math and language. Two skills of mine which are off the charts in comparison to the norm among my peers. Something should be ticking in that head of yours right about now that your judgments are way off, and you should start questioning your judgments of others in separate areas. You're absolute garbage at reading people.

I'm flattered that I'm in your top 10 anything, by the way. I suppose if I were to make a list, you'd be in my top 500 or so; it' hard to say, really, there's probably about 500 of you that I've met with the exact same opinion on every issue -- strictly partisan in every possible way. All calling yourselves free thinkers, of couse. Everyone can be a free thinker as long as they think just like you, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I don't tell people what they are doing wrong unless it's warranted, though I can give advice.

Let's do some basic, simple math.
I stated that I retired two years ago at the age of 48. That means that what I did to get where I'm at occurred in the '80's, '90's and '00's. Not the '60's & '70's that you stated.

You say that the job market isn't what it used to be, but the jobs are out there. I've been through recessions before and there are always good paying jobs available during these times. IT guys were pretty much unheard of back in the '60's & '70's. Now they're a dime a dozen. People have to be flexible and willing to move and possibly even get their hands dirty if they want a decent paying job. There are not too many people like that these days.

I feel like I'm feeding a troll, but what the hell, Trolls need to be entertained from time to time.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

TDawgRex

I don't tell people what they are doing wrong unless it's warranted, though I can give advice.

Let's do some basic, simple math.
I stated that I retired two years ago at the age of 48.

Lets nip this dumb post in the bud since you attacked my math skills.

You never said that you retired 2 years ago. You said you reitred at 48. That was all the information I had to go with so I made an estimation based on your political veiws and what age group they are common with.

Has nothing to do with my math skills. You didn't tell me when you retired until your last post.

I hope you realize how incredib ly petty it is that you even went there to begin with. You're telling people to grow up and be a man about things and you're arguing like a child.

My neice would've schooled you on this discussion.

This time is much different than anything you've been through in your life time, I'm sorry that I've had to say this 4 times now but let me explain since research clearly isn't your strong point:

- Technology boom. Technology is constantly replacing human beings for work. This got exponentially bigger after microchip enhancements in the late 90s, and even moreso by new software in the new millenium. It does create a small amount of new jobs, but those numbers pale in comparison to the amount of jobs consumed by this new technology.

- Offshoring. People with the most money have their banks in other countries to avoid taxes; they take advantage of the system and they don't pay back into it. Also, large corporations are forced to move work overseas to continue about their legal obligation to raise stockholder value. This has been slowly siphoning money out of the country and has been doing so long enough to cause a big impact.

- Old people. You smell, you argue poorly online and act like you know everything when you don't, you're the largest population bracket of seniors in the history of mankind, and you cost a ton of money.

- Military. If you're not in it and getting paid for it, you're out of it and paying people to do it. None of it's goals profits you.

-Immigrants. They come in, they take jobs, and they sometimes start their own company and only hire their family members.

-Banks. Constantly introducing more money into the system that doesn't belong there and reducing the value of it in turn. They then charge you outrageous interest rates and no longer give you returns on your savings.

-Public Trading Legislation. Publically traded corporations, at some point, have a legal obligation to ship work overseas, reduce their product reliability, and cut employment opportunities to appease stockholders and uplhold their legal obligation to raise the value of the corporation.

See, what you're saying is mathematically incorrect. There are literally more unemployed people then there are jobs out there for them to do, so saying "there are jobs out there, go get one" isn't solving the issue on a grand scale, it only solves it for an individual. Even if the one person you are telling to get a job gets one, there are 120 more who applied for that job and didn't get it and won't get one for a month or 6 months or a year.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hehe...let's do some more simple math shall we. I do love teaching. And this is the first paragraph of the post you replied to.

Ah, a product of todays educational system. I retired in 2011. I also said I dropped out of high school (back in '79), but I guess your reading comprehension didn't take in school either. I learned the trades rather than earning a useless piece of paper. Also did time in the service.

Hmmm, it's 2013 and I retired in 2011. How many years have passed by?

I love how you state that "mathematically" you are correct. And yet your reasoning just shows poor, shoddy research. It's based off of emotional thinking rather than rational and critical thought.

Now I do care about others, but I have to take of number 1 before I can help others. I have absolutely zero sympathy for idiots who thought that by going into massive debt to get a degree would gaurantee them a job. Life doesn't work that way and never has.

Even if the one person you are telling to get a job gets one, there are 120 more who applied for that job and didn't get it and won't get one for a month or 6 months or a year.

Tough...then those other 120 were either not qualified or didn't sell themselves well enough for the employer to hire them. That's also life...it's NEVER fair.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Tough...then those other 120 were either not qualified or didn't sell themselves well enough for the employer to hire them. That's also life...it's NEVER fair.

I hope you realise this highlights an enormous problem with the economy, which member TheRegal discussed. Using yourself as a strawman does not overshadow the problem, but this is typical with mainstream conservatives(the neocons).

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

TDawgRex

I hope you realise this highlights an enormous problem with the economy, which member TheRegal discussed. Using yourself as a strawman does not overshadow the problem, but this is typical with mainstream conservatives(the neocons).

I do not consider myself to be a neocon in any way shape or form. I just call it as I see it. Is there a employment problem here in the U.S.? Yes, there is. But to blame oneselfs own shortcomings on others is not the way to address it.

There are plenty of jobs to be had. It's a dog eat dog world. I don't like it, but it is what it is. We need electricians, mechanics, plumbers , etc, yet those jobs are going unfilled. Many of todays people feel that since they have a degree, those jobs are beneath them. I've experianced it myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join