posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
originally posted by: MALBOSIA
This whole "provide proof or be subject to insult" movement happening on ATS is disturbing. How do you find proof of something that is kept secret
from most of government and operates on a black budget? I am not singling out chemtrails, there are many topics where this happens.
There are topics out there that there will NEVER be proof to support. Does that mean the topic should NEVER be discussed?
On the contrary, they should ALWAYS be discussed, and in a particular manner that includes the following:
1. providing detailed explanation why certain factual evidence is not possible to obtain
2. explaining why specific available facts are not relevant
3. explaining why what has the appearance of solid logic is actually quite faulty
4. exposing firm conclusions when they are unjustified because of additional missing information
5. Pointing out when matters of fact are being confounded with ONLY the facts that support one side of an argument
6. alerting moderators to tactics of ridicule, off topic drift, and sheer banter between the people who care only about the "facts" that they care
7. by keeping in mind matters of geoengineering and chemtrail conspiracies are not only matters of pure "fact" and are also a matter of ethics (even
if some believe all matters should be disguised as matters of pure fact).
8. by distinguishing what is real "fact" from what is actually social reality. See
9. by NOT participating in threads that appear to be designed as nothing but traps to provide evidence for something that evidence may be impossible
to obtain, e.g., Is the military running it's own to top secret geoengineering program?
10. by complying with the terms and conditions of the website even if your facts, logic or your premise are disputed. This doesn't guarantee that
when someone does something unethical it won't still be in compliance with the terms and conditions.