It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Forum and the T&C.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Let's begin with looking at Understanding The Geo-Engineering And Chemtrails Forum. Please read the whole link. It states:

As with many of the topics we discuss on ATS, Geo-Engineering and Chemtrails are controversial and prone to challenge. While skepticism and constructive criticism are always welcome, they are all too often supplanted by insults and cynicism, which disrupt discussion and discourage healthy debate.

A core principle of ATS is providing our members a place where they can discuss "alternative" topics without fear of intimidation, ridicule or retaliation.

ATS has long been an excellent venue for alternative topic. We attempt to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to civilized debate via our terms & conditions. Please read the T&C's. Sometimes a subject gets to a point that the staff must "crackdown" on a forum as some members are unwilling or unable to conduct themselves with civility. We have come to that point with the Chemtrail forum.

The T&C's aren't changing but the staff must enforce them strictly now to bring this forum in line with ATS standards. Any insults or attacks, overt or backhanded, will be removed and if it persists member will have their posting privileges removed and possibly account permanently banned. This action has to be taken for the good of the board. There's no need to qualify what an insult or attack is. We learned that as children.

ATS doesn't care if one believes in chemtrails or not. What the staff DOES care about is that the board is open to anyone that would like to post without fear of attack or insult. It's not a matter of ones position, it's a matter of civility. Members posting in this forum are on notice that the staff will begin a stricter approach to this forum as of this posting

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I applaud this. I constantly see references to posters who post in favor of chemtrails in the Geoengineering forum as deluded, hoaxers, scaremongers - even some mods have made these comments, very surprisingly. If we can't express interest in chemtrails in a geoengineering forum on a conspiracy website, where would be the appropriate place?

So I am glad to see stricter scrutiny, and I for one will try hard to not be pulled down by certain types that thrive on ego and emotional engagement.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
I applaud this. I constantly see references to posters who post in favor of chemtrails in the Geoengineering forum as deluded, hoaxers, scaremongers - even some mods have made these comments, very surprisingly. If we can't express interest in chemtrails in a geoengineering forum on a conspiracy website, where would be the appropriate place?

So I am glad to see stricter scrutiny, and I for one will try hard to not be pulled down by certain types that thrive on ego and emotional engagement.

Well, that's it. So often a decent thread itself gets pulled down so quickly with the Na Na, Na, Na Na type of replies coming in reams. People who would like to attempt something constructive just get fed up. That is the intended goal, and it happens over and over again. Maybe this is a move in the right direction, I don't know.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I gave you S&F even though I'm not sure, like the other poster, if this is a good thing. Personally, I don't like to exclude anyone or prohibit anyone from letting off steam.

It is, though, annoying to read threads in this forum put up by self-styled debunkers which belong in the joke forum. Chemtrails and geoengineering are a serious issue to many regardless of which side they are on - whether or not they think it's happening now or will happen in future.

The most annoying thing that I've found in this forum is shared by others I know who left ATS because of it and that is a sense of favoritism. Someone like me is not going to shoot off a complaint because someone calls me an idiot or puts up an idiotic thread. Someone like me is not going to shoot off a complaint because of a joke thread by a debunker. My feeling is: let them. And if the favoritism becomes too heaped on one side - there are other forums.

edit to add: It is also disconcerting for a new member (as I was once) or an old member putting up a thread in this forum for the first time to be met by a sort of pack attack.
edit on 19-11-2013 by luxordelphi because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I sure hope the accusation of SHILL and PAID DISINFORMATION AGENT are dealt with accordingly. As of late, it has been woefully ignored.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That's exactly what a shill would say..

On a serious note that place is like the wild west and it seems like that same old crap over and over again (from both side of the argument).......I don't like to play in there..
edit on 19/11/13 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I for one am extremely happy to see this. The resentment and vitriol that chemtrail threads breed are the reason why I stopped posting in them all together.

I would love to discuss the chemtrails again, so I am really hopeful that this works

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Misterlondon

On a serious note that place is like the wild west and it seems like that same old crap over and over again (from both side of the argument).......I don't like to play in there..

I know. You can only explain contrails so many ways, before you repeat yourself. I am of the opinion that Intrepids signature is particularly true to this forum. So many here are just about talking. SO few are about LEARNING.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good stuff and I am all for it, as a few other posters noted I too stopped posting in that forum because of the attacks and the gang ups that happen every time there is a interesting post or thread made.

Time will tell as it always does, thanks for the heads up and I just might go back and check out that Forum now.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

network dude

Misterlondon

I know. You can only explain contrails so many ways, before you repeat yourself. I am of the opinion that Intrepids signature is particularly true to this forum. So many here are just about talking. SO few are about LEARNING.

Learning what exactly? Nobody is certain what is in a contrail for sure, nor is there a certainty as yet of what chemical processes take place in the exhaust of a jet as it reacts in the atmosphere. There are some observations about the effects though, and it is not so good, in fact it is very bad.
In some ways the expression 'Chemtrails' is a bogyman, but there is a real bogyman and those origins are either, not well understood, or are being concealed as knowledge progresses.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I always find it disappointing when a Mod has to start a thread explaining how etiquette and manners must be exercised when conversing with other people - irrespective of the forum.

My ATS browsing experience always starts with arranging threads by most flagged - it generally gives a feeling on how the membership feels about certain topics.

Like you said, it matters not to ATS Moderators whether one believes or disbelieves in a certain subject.

It is the content of ones character that determines how you are dealt with.

[shakes head]

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Learning what exactly? Nobody is certain what is in a contrail for sure, nor is there a certainty as yet of what chemical processes take place in the exhaust of a jet as it reacts in the atmosphere.

See that is where the whole chemtrail debate goes downhill, because it is known what is in a contrail as they have been studied for years with scientific research, it only gets tough when the fact that nobody has any scientific research showing what is supposed to be in a chemtrail.

The way to help this problem is find out what's in a chemtrail and everybody will be on equal footing then.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

But you see, we do know what's in a contrail, some examples are soot, sulphur, titanium and chromium.

I doubt someone who believes chemtrails exist would want you to know that studies on contrails have been carried out, because it leads to the obvious question:

Why hasn't anyone taken a plane up and tested chemtrails for themselves?

The means to do it is available.

And as many have pointed out in other threads, some of the big chemtrail proponents have the cash..Michael J Murphy spent $50,000 to make "What In The World Are They Spraying?"

So what are they waiting for?

And did you honestly think no one had gone and tested contrails before?

On topic, I think the rudeness from the "debunkers" comes from the repetitive nature of chemtrail threads, instead of taking on board new knowledge and accepting that most pro-chemtrail sites like to obfuscate the truth, they keep coming back with something else, rinse and repeat over and over and over and over again.

If one truly wants to know the truth, they need to lobby the Michael Murphy's and Cliff Carnicon's into doing what's needed to prove their theories.

If they refuse to, it's best you ask yourself why?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That will do thank you.

This is NOT another debate about "Geo-Engineering and Chemtrails"... This is about the RULES of the forum.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I do hope this sticks and we can have some proper discussions. The depressing regularity with which ones posts are met with personal remarks instead of replies to the points one has made is exactly why I frequently take a lengthy break from here.

Good move.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

network dude

I sure hope the accusation of SHILL and PAID DISINFORMATION AGENT are dealt with accordingly. As of late, it has been woefully ignored.

So are we all to assume that it's perfectly OK to call others SHILL, and PAID DISINFORMATION AGENT?

Recent trends seem to point that way, but it sure would be nice to hear the official word on this from the staff.

(post by sunnynights removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

** NOTICE **

Having a thread here to discuss how this topic relates and has come to be related to T&C violations isn't a leave from having to follow the T&C while exploring the issue.

No tolerance is going to be extended on blatant T&C violations, simply because they are on a thread where T&C itself is part of the topic.

Thank You for your attention, and please return to your ongoing discussion.

-Wrabbit2000
ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So will this same level of scrutiny be leveled against the chemtrail followers? What is defined as an insult?

I'm not being difficult for the sake of being difficult, it's an honest question.

Countless times I've seen chemtrail followers be very insulting with their tone when people ask simple questions or ask for verification of statements made.

It pretty much ALWAYS goes like this:

Chemtrailer: There is xxx and yyy being sprayed on us

Poster A: Where is the proof

Chemtrailer: you stupid brainwashed sheep the proof is in the sky!

Then poster A gets defensive, and the whole thing devolves into trash.

If you really want to stop that, and encourage meaningful discussion, you need to have a heavy hand in moderating the pushers of these ideas. If you challenge someone's idea, ask for evidence, or provide evidence disproving their statements, they loose their minds and freak out. You cannot honestly deny this happens over, and over, and over again in the chemtrail forum.

If your goal is truly to solve the problem of threads getting out of hand, placing the blame on the shoulders of debunkers isn't going to help you with anything. I could post 50 threads right now of chemtrailers refusing the follow the rules of this site (posting sources, proof of statements, etc) then they get all emotional, and go around reporting everyone that disagrees with them.

Do you think if you took away people's posting ability when they refused to provide evidence for their statements it would cut down on bickering in threads? I'd be a million bucks it would. I wonder why that isn't being done. Instead just blame the people asking for proof and showing contrary evidence who get frustrated when OPs refuse to behave in a mature and logical manner.

Additionally any site that openly allows children to discuss such in depth and controversial topics in the same forum as adults is going to have HUGE problems. As proven by every forum on ATS where immature kids try to talk down to educated adults just because they saw a youtube video and are now an expert.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join