It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama skips attending 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg Address because of Time Travelers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If they held the festivities at a golf course perhaps he could be bothered to attend. Or maybe at a college basketball game? Or if they would have picked a Wednesday night music party at the White House?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Why couldn't he have gone to Mars? I think it's dismissive to say he's a "nutter". DARPA surey has technology that would blow minds. We're not privy to it but I don't discount the possibility that it exists. Basiago sounds perfectly credible to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ahh, the truth is so much simpler....

There have been 28 presidents since Lincoln, and 27 of them did not commemorate the anniversaries of the Gettysburg Address – and this includes Reagan, who did nothing on the 125th anniversary, and never visited Gettysburg as president. (The exception was William Howard Taft.) Obama, in other words, is doing largely what nearly all of his predecessors have done without controversy.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I'm sure there is technology that would blow my friggin mind but some devise that allows someone to travel to mars in the manner of which Mr. Basiago speaks of seems a little far fetched. Throw in that Obama was in some of his time traveler classes is waaaay out there. I'm not knocking your belief because god knows I'm a believer in some weird stuff. If its ever proven that he is what he claims then you will be the first one that I will tell "you were right."

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

catfishjoe
reply to post by Urantia1111

I'm sure there is technology that would blow my friggin mind but some devise that allows someone to travel to mars in the manner of which Mr. Basiago speaks of seems a little far fetched. Throw in that Obama was in some of his time traveler classes is waaaay out there. I'm not knocking your belief because god knows I'm a believer in some weird stuff. If its ever proven that he is what he claims then you will be the first one that I will tell "you were right."

Yep, I watched a good portion of some other Basiago videos today and in one of them regarding teleportation to Mars, he states that when he was involved with teleportation as a kid (1969-1972), they had the ability to go back 2 years. But in the OP's video, he went back 150 yrs to 1863??

Yep, he's a professional BSer

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

LeatherNLace
Ahh, the truth is so much simpler....

There have been 28 presidents since Lincoln, and 27 of them did not commemorate the anniversaries of the Gettysburg Address – and this includes Reagan, who did nothing on the 125th anniversary, and never visited Gettysburg as president. (The exception was William Howard Taft.) Obama, in other words, is doing largely what nearly all of his predecessors have done without controversy.

www.msnbc.com...

But as we constantly see here, some people are just not interested in the truth!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Abraham Lincoln was a successful president and historical figure, and Obama is known to look to him for ideas as well as quotes to use in his own speeches. These two great men, Obama and Lincoln are similar in many ways, may it be their speaking abilities, their situations, or their campaign stratagies. If all goes well, the comparisons will continue when Obama does an amazing job at dealing with our current situation.
Lincoln and Obama

As he did throughout his campaign, Mr. Obama evoked imagery ofAbraham Lincoln, in word and deed, as he took an abridged version of Lincoln’s journey by rail to the capital before his own inaugural festivities in 1861. The trip offered Mr. Obama one more opportunity to savor his victory before he inherits the challenges that await him.

Train ride

Yes as I said obama has no use for Lincoln anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Oh man, I am so disappointed to find out that the Outer Limits episode in question is one of those modern jobs. I thought I was going to see one of those classic episodes from the Real Outer Limits, you know, 1960's. That's the only ones I ever watched. I know most people probably think they're cheesy nowadays, but I remember how they made me feel as a boy...

Ok, Ok, maybe I spoke too soon. I'm almost half way in and getting sucked in pretty good. I might have to watch more of these modern ones.
edit on 11/19/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Mugen

buster2010

Mugen
He is't American.

Prove he isn't American. None of the birthers have been able to prove that he isn't American.

He uses the Constitution as toilet paper.

What president hasn't? And point out the things he has done that is against the constitution.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Good god, why would anyone want to sit through anything to do with Gettysburg? I know there's American history fanboys that would think it blasphemous of me, but...really? I'd avoid it like the plague and toss out crappy excuses if need be it, too. Maybe, like me, he's just not that into Gettysburg? Or is the idea of time travelers really easier to believe? (lmao)

I personally find most of America's post-colonization(edit: post-European colonization, so we're clear on it) history more boring than watching grass grow or paint dry, so i can cut him some slack for this one. Get a grip you guys.
edit on 11/20/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Blowback
Time travelers were sent back in time during the Civil War too change the future & prevent the first black president from being harmed at Gettysburg

So you're saying that the United States of America had an African American president BEFORE the American Civil War?

Either that's what you're saying, or you mean to say time travelers were sent FORWARD in time...?
How would people from the Civil War era know that in the future America would have a black president, and in what years?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join