It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's NOT a dead parrot! Monty Python stars to reform 30 years after they last worked together

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's NOT a dead parrot! Monty Python stars to reform 30 years after they last worked together

The cult comedy group Monty Python are to re-form officially, three decades after they last worked together.
The five surviving members John Cleese, 74, Terry Gilliam, 72, Terry Jones, 71, Eric Idle, 70, and Michael Palin, 70, will appear in the show, details of which have not yet been released.

This morning Terry Jones confirmed rumours the iconic team behind cult comedies such as their dead parrot sketch was getting back together, saying: 'We're getting together and putting on a show - it's real.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 19-11-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This show was years ahead of its time when it was shown. Used to love watching them and my favourite if I was down was the song, Always Looking on the bright side of life

edit on 19-11-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Like the Spanish inquisition... I was not expecting this.

Glad to see it finally happening better late than never, you can't beat a bit of Monty Python

Just want to add, Terry Gilliam's face is priceless on this sketch cracks me up every time
edit on 19-11-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The execution scene from Russia.

edit on 19-11-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This will probably be the best news I've head all day.
Except now I've got "Always look on the bright side of life" stuck in my head.
I have a feeling it will be a movie night.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The silly walk scene:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Years ago, my wife was in a really stinking mood so I decided we would go for a drink in a local pub. I put this song on the juke box and she just had to laugh when she heard it.
Brilliant

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Morning,

Three words:

Fish-Slapping-Dance.

-Peace-
edit on 19-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Self-Defense Against Fruit

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Cult? CULT? These men(and Carol) transformed comedy. INNOVATORS not cult. Sure there was great funny stuff like the Argument sketch BUT it was loaded with political commentary as well. Dennis Moore is about redistribution of wealth.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That will do it! Hahaha!
How can you not laugh or at least smile when you hear that song.
My husband introduced me the the wider world of Monty Python when we started dating too. I had only seen the quest for the holy grail at that point, which is also hilarious. I am going to enjoy the clips from everyone today immensely. Being American I sadly missed out on most of their short sketch comedy.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Got some great memories when watching Monty Python on TV, with my dad when I was a kid in the seventies....

But my favourite line of all time from Monty Python, is.....

One day son, all this will be yours!

What? The curtains?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Man this thread made my day.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm not dead yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

You should sit back and watch this, excellent film...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Whatever happened to Carol? John Cleese went on to raising lemurs, Eric Idle went on to do travel shows….Hmmm?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
For die hard fans check out Yellowbeard. It's Monty Python meets Cheech and Chong meets Mel Brooks. Brooks didn't direct it but half of the cast are his regulars. Funny movie.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Check out

Carol Cleveland From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Carol Cleveland Cleveland at the Big Apple Convention in Manhattan, October 18, 2009. Born 13 January 1942 (age 71) East Sheen, London, England, UK Nationality British Occupation actress; comedian Spouse(s) Peter Brett (1971–1983, div) Website www.carolcleveland.com... Carol Cleveland (born 13 January 1942, London) is a British actress and comedian, most notable for her appearances as the only significant female performer on Monty Python's Flying Circus.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well it's about time!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Think I missed this one, will need to have a look and get it, thanks m8

top topics

<<   2 >>

join