It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds in critical condition, son reportedly dead after assault at Va.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow! Has this thread has taken a turn!

I'm new to ATS and this was my first thread. Interesting to see what the other members take on this is. Be it right or wrong, we may, or may not ever know. They don't call it "Above Top Secret" for nothing!!!!!

Putting all our thoughts and investigating aside for a moment...

Thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Deeds and to the Deeds family.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

It's my fault I should of said it was sarcasm at the end plus it's hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic on the internet.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

crazyewok
Only a poltician he can be replaced.

Shame about the son though.

Wow, you are disgusting.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

MrLimpet
Putting all our thoughts and investigating aside ...

There sure as hell isn't any "investigating" going on with this thread.

Just offensive BS. And that's being polite. To the extent that these people know what they're posting isn't true it fits the definition of disinformation.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I saw on the news that he was found by his cousin who brought him back to the cousins house then went to hospital. It weird that a man in critical condition was in good enough health that his cousin wouldn't bring him directly to hospital.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

TKDRL
Doesn't add up. Planning murder suicide, have a gun, but stab dad instead.... Either it is BS, or dad did something really bad to piss of the son. Coulda put a bullet in the head and be done with it, but chose to get up close and personal with a knife instead? Hmmmmm......
edit on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:02:10 -0600 by TKDRL because: sun is not son duh

Son tells Dad a home truth...Dad doesn't like it, tells Son he's finished, and whoever else the Son implicated is also finished...Son goes bezerk, stabs Dad...thinks Dad is dead and decides it's all over for him and kills himself..Dad rushed to ER and is still alive.

Domestic dispute gone very bad i think.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

MysterX

TKDRL
Doesn't add up. Planning murder suicide, have a gun, but stab dad instead.... Either it is BS, or dad did something really bad to piss of the son. Coulda put a bullet in the head and be done with it, but chose to get up close and personal with a knife instead? Hmmmmm......
edit on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:02:10 -0600 by TKDRL because: sun is not son duh

Son tells Dad a home truth...Dad doesn't like it, tells Son he's finished, and whoever else the Son implicated is also finished...Son goes bezerk, stabs Dad...thinks Dad is dead and decides it's all over for him and kills himself..Dad rushed to ER and is still alive.

Domestic dispute gone very bad i think.

But dad wasn't rushed. he was brought to his cousins house who found him walking down the dirt road on his street. Then he was brought to hospital.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Sad and very tragic, a terrible time for family and friends. Could still be a murder set up to look like it does.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
His son has a mental illness that seems to afflict 18-25 year old males, statistically. His family took him to the ER the day before and the hospital released him. Even politicians can't get psychiatric help in our system.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

MOMof3
His son has a mental illness that seems to afflict 18-25 year old males, statistically. His family took him to the ER the day before and the hospital released him. Even politicians can't get psychiatric help in our system.

Most hospitals loss money on Psychiatric inpatient care. It isn't something they push as it takes up space for sleep studies and profitable medicine. The problem is you never know when a crazy is coming in. To keep a PIP(psychiatic inpatient) area open it has to be manned by a minumum staff of nurses at all times. patients or no patients

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jlafleur02

Yes, I understand it is about The Money and The Bottom Line. Everything is now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

People have a lot of questions and comments, confusion on why this happen..... and some sarcastic remarks as always... From Experience with my own son, I believe I can shed some light on what I believe happened. From the ages of about 17 to 30.... traumatic experiences in a young persons life can trigger a person to become bipolar, with my son it was the death of his grandmother and a breakup with a fiance'. His fathers loss in the election, followed by the divorce of his parents are enough to cause this chemical imbalance. People more susceptible of becoming bipolar are young male that are highly intelligent, which he was. I would guess his father started noticing that things were not normal, I personally with my son thought it was drugs, later to find out it wasnt. His father was taking the first steps by having him diagnosed, bipolar people do not realize they have this problem.... they believe it is everyong else... which is where tempers tend to flair and arguments begin, A bipolar person, without medication has no control and doesnt realize what they are saying or doing at that time, they do of course realize what they have done after the fact, its not per say a blackout. Many bipolar people do end their lives in suicide, it a scary thing to go through with your child. There is not enough help or laws to help parents going through this crisis, our hands are virtually tied because once they hit the age of 18.... its there choice, and getting things done through the court system is a very difficult thing to do. IF THIS IS INDEED WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS FAMILY, MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU....... PLEASE PAY NO ATTENTION TO COMMENT MADE, PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ORDEAL A FAMILY GOES THROUGH WHEN A LOVE ONE IS DIAGNOSED WITH THIS ILLNESS. GOD BLESS

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is very interesting! It looks like the White House and the Democratic Party had their feelings hurt during Deeds 2009 Virginia governors campaign. The Demon-rats were incensed that Deeds did not fully embrace Oblamers help!
Here is an excerpt from The Washington Post.

Deeds Ignored Advice, White House Says

By Rosalind S. Helderman and Anne E. Kornblut,October 23, 2009 Sensing that victory in the race for Virginia governor is slipping away, Democrats at the national level are laying the groundwork to blame a loss in a key swing state on a weak candidate who ran a poor campaign that failed to fully embrace President Obama until days before the election. Senior administration officials have expressed frustration with how Democrat R. Creigh Deeds has handled his campaign for governor, refusing early offers of strategic advice and failing to reach out to several key constituencies that helped Obama win Virginia in 2008, they say. Democratic strategists said that over the summer, Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine (D) offered Deeds advice on winning a statewide election. Among other things, Kaine, who is also chairman of the Democratic National Committee, told Deeds that he should lay out more of his own vision and stop attacking Republican Robert F. McDonnell so ferociously. But Deeds did not embrace the advice, according to a national Democratic strategist. A senior administration official said Deeds badly erred on several fronts, including not doing a better job of coordinating with the White House. "I understood in the beginning why there was some reluctance to run all around the state with Barack Obama," said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to speak candidly about the race. "You don't do that in Virginia. But when you consider the African American turnout that they need, and then when you consider as well they've got a huge problem with surge voters, younger voters, we were just a natural for them." A second administration official, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said: "Obama, Kaine and others had drawn a road map to victory in Virginia. Deeds chose another path." A loss for Deeds in Virginia -- which for the first time in decades supported the Democratic presidential candidate in last year's race -- would likely be seen as a sign that Obama's popularity is weakening in critical areas of the country. But the unusual preelection criticism could be an attempt to shield Obama from that narrative by ensuring that Deeds is blamed personally for the loss, particularly given the state's three-decade pattern of backing candidates from the party out of power in the White House.

Deeds advisers insist the notion that he has distanced himself from Obama isn't true. "We've enjoyed a tremendous relationship with the White House," said Mo Elleithee, a campaign spokesman. "The campaign has worked very closely with them and the DNC and the [Democratic Governors Association] from the very beginning. They have given us just about everything the campaign asked for."

But national Democrats are contrasting Deeds with New Jersey Gov. Jon S. Corzine and New York congressional candidate Bill Owens, who they say have more actively sought the White House's help and more vigorously and publicly backed its agenda. Polls show Corzine in a competitive position in New Jersey and Owens ahead, while Deeds has turned aggressively to Obama voters in recent days in an effort to overcome a significant deficit in the polls. Although Deeds often praises the president on the campaign trail, he has distanced himself from Obama and Democratic policy priorities at times. At a debate in September, he declined the opportunity to label himself an "Obama Democrat." And just this week, he said he did not believe that a public health insurance option is necessary and that as governor he might consider opting out of one if Congress extends that right to states.

The White House also became deeply involved. Obama political director Patrick Gaspard spent two hours with Wilder in July trying to persuade him. Obama made a phone call. Last month, Wilder announced that he would not endorse either candidate in the race, issuing a lengthy statement largely critical of Deeds.

articles.washingtonpost.com...

Knowing the above information of the thin skinned Oblamer, this photo has an extra creepiness about it!

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: i

edit on 20-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

DelMarvel

MrLimpet
Putting all our thoughts and investigating aside ...

There sure as hell isn't any "investigating" going on with this thread.

Just offensive BS. And that's being polite. To the extent that these people know what they're posting isn't true it fits the definition of disinformation.

I have no control of what others post. We may or may not agree with each other but this is ATS. You will find that on most threads.

Once again I would like to reiterate my comment to the post you replied to.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Mr. Deeds and to the Deeds family.

edit on 20-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This article states that Gus Deeds was shot and killed. That implies something other than suicide. That's what it sounds like to me.

Virginia State Senator and former gubernatorial candidate Creigh Deeds was brutally attacked in his own home this morning. Deeds is in the hospital in critical condition with stab wounds, and his son was shot and killed.

townhall.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Yeah, sounds like that to me too. Hmmm....

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Are you kidding? If he needed institutionalization, he could afford a private facility, unlike us "regular Joes". The ER trip, if it was even for psychiatric evaluation at all(just hearsay at this point), would only be to have him involuntarily committed. Then he would be whisked off to one of the places rich people hide those in their family with mental illnesses.

The mental illness crisis, is only for regular people. There are plenty of places for people that have money, and family with money.
edit on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:04:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MrLimpet
We may or may not agree with each other but this is ATS.

Where the motto is "deny ignorance."

Mikeultra
This article states that Gus Deeds was shot and killed. That implies something other than suicide. That's what it sounds like to me.

All the media is reporting that this is being treated as an attempted murder/suicide.

You are obviously simply ignoring that and posting disinformation apparently motivated in part by your dislike of Democrats.

LINK.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Wow, you are disgusting.

I only morn over Humans and cats.

Politicans are neither Human nor Cat.
I rank them just below bacteria and just above child molesters.
edit on 20-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

DelMarvel

MrLimpet
We may or may not agree with each other but this is ATS.

Where the motto is "deny ignorance."

Mikeultra

All the media is reporting that this is being treated as an attempted murder/suicide.

You are obviously simply ignoring that and posting disinformation apparently motivated in part by your dislike of Democrats.

LINK.

I'm only to believe everything the media tells me? Read this comment from the link you provided.

don9mm at 5:17 PM November 19, 2013 Why would anyone repeat such an absurd piece of propaganda. It was pretty obviously an attempted murder and homicide, not suicide. If the kid wanted to kill his dad and had a gun, he would have shot him. Test their hands for gunshot residue.

www.latimes.com...
Politics is a very dirty business, it would be very naive to think differently. You can believe the official story, I will look for the truth. Take notice that the story being pushed is there was no mental health bed available for Gus. Why isn't the anti-gun agenda being pushed? I'd like to know what kind of gun was used and who owned the gun. I'm not anti-gun, just surprised that it isn't being mentioned by the MSM as is the usual MO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join