It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds in critical condition, son reportedly dead after assault at Va.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Just came across more terrible news. Please delete if it has already been posted.

Deeds, a former candidate for governor, is reportedly in a critical condition from serious injuries.

Viginia State Senator Creigh Deeds in critical condition, son reportedly dead after assault at Va. home

(CBS) LANHAM, Md. - Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds is in critical condition and his son is reportedly dead following an assault at his home in Milboro, Va. early Tuesday, reports CBS D.C.

The senator's son, Gus, was found dead from a gunshot wound at the scene according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

edit on 19-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

I suppose it will be some time before we become aware of whether or not this attack was politically motivated, or a personal issue between a member of the Deeds family and the attacker...

Rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That's not far away from where I live. Just right up the road actually. They cut in on the news just a little while ago to report it. They didn't report on the son though. They aren't releasing anything new at the moment and one can only guess at this point what exactly happened and why.

My guess would be a disgruntled citizen or a domestic dispute of some kind. He is fairly young and not extremely disliked as far as I know. It's sad at any rate.

ETA - That the news just reported on the son but still aren't offering any ideas on motive.
edit on 11/19/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This was just reported.

Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Stabbed in Bath County Home

Virginia State Sen. Creigh Deeds was stabbed by his son, Austin "Gus" Deeds, before the son fatally shot himself, Democratic sources tell News4.

Gus Deeds died at the scene, and Creigh Deeds is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, the sources said.

NBCWA

extra DIV

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Only a poltician he can be replaced.

Shame about the son though.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

MrLimpet
This was just reported.

Va. Sen. Creigh Deeds Stabbed in Bath County Home

Virginia State Sen. Creigh Deeds was stabbed by his son, Austin "Gus" Deeds, before the son fatally shot himself, Democratic sources tell News4.

Gus Deeds died at the scene, and Creigh Deeds is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the University of Virginia Medical Center in Charlottesville, the sources said.

NBCWA

Wow... It makes you wonder what exactly was going on behind closed doors.

edit on 11/19/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

crazyewok
Only a poltician he can be replaced.

Shame about the son though.

sure he can be replaced but your heart will be harder to get back.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So the son stabbed the Senator?

So what are we thinking here? Son does drugs or drink, flips out and stabs daddy over a reduced allowance? Mental illness coming to the fore again?Or are we thinking that the Senator just is not a very nice person to know, with obvious logical conclusions?

Seems like this story just turned REALLY interesting, if terrible and tragic.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Doesn't add up. Planning murder suicide, have a gun, but stab dad instead.... Either it is BS, or dad did something really bad to piss of the son. Coulda put a bullet in the head and be done with it, but chose to get up close and personal with a knife instead? Hmmmmm......
edit on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:02:10 -0600 by TKDRL because: sun is not son duh

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Austin Deeds' Facebook page says that he is "too busy with love to care about politics." His social media profile also indicates that he speaks Spanish and Arabic.

Read more at: www.heavy.com...

Strange could this be a case of a Muslim convert?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Probably another rich drugged up psycho youth(20 is still young IMO).

I remember I had a family member that was dating this well off guy and so I got to spend a significant amount of time around well off people and their teenage kids(I was teen at time). I have lived in bad parts of the U.S. multiple times and none of those hood rats could even shake a stick at these kids drug problem. One of the teens wound up yelling at me because he thought I took some of his coke that he had hidden under his pillow. Too much money and the parents sometimes don't take the time to be there in the most important years.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah, because muslim converts always go around stabbing dad and shooting themself.......

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sen. Deeds with son Gus after gubernatorial race in 2009

photo link

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I can't believe out of that whole post all you got out of it is that his suicide might be because of conversion to "Muslim".....you know...not Islam... Muslim.

Either way from your post it appears he probably was in the mindset of rebellious teen. Mix that with daddy issues, drugs, alcohol....and then the father possibly confronting him for being a little #....and voila.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Sad news.
Bath county is a really nice place, close to White Sulphur Springs resort,
Beautiful country.
Even in the nicest places horrible things like this happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by JBA2848

Yeah, because muslim converts always go around stabbing dad and shooting themself.......

Last I checked, that's worth 31 virgins in heaven.

/s

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

boncho

Last I checked, that's worth 31 virgins in heaven.

/s

That Virgins as in hot girls, Startrek fans or Virgin Airline coupons?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This link said it was his son who then went on to commit suicide.

Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds is in critical condition after he was reportedly stabbed by his son Austin (Gus) Deeds Tuesday morning at his home in Bath County.

After attacking his father, the son, whose age is unknown, reportedly shot himself. He died from a gunshot wound, sources told WRC-TV.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

MrLimpet

Please explain this photo. Who is in the circle? The son?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I hope this one didn't shoot himself in the back of the head.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join