It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Let Your Kids Play Outside - You Could Be Arrested!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by StallionDuck

How does the Boston Bombing/Waterton have anything to do with this woman and her children's actions?

I can tell you this, if I had to go to and from work in my car daily -- I'd be annoyed by kids on powered scooters. I'd also be annoyed of those kids rode those things at all hours of the day/night. It's the annoying dog next door scenario, only with kids involved.

Perhaps the neighbors should have communicated better. But i'd be upset by a kids in my cul-d-sac riding motorized scooters all over the place. I'd be afraid of hitting them constantly.

It is irrelevant in immediate context, but i guess OP is trying to drive am overarching point home; this country is becoming a pumped up nanny state, with all the unnecessary laws, fears, and resulting insane amount of policing, scaring the crap out of people. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is insane! If I'm not missing any of the story then this makes me sick. I see children (ages 5-8) walking up and down busy streets near my house ALONE and nothing is ever done about it, no matter if people call the police. I called children services to report my aunt who is currently "caring" for her grandchildren. The house is filthy, the kids are always dirty, hair and teeth are rarely brushed and are normally kept inside a house where their grandparents and grandparents` friends do nothing but smoke weed and drink while playing poker. The lady from cs said they would investigate and I expressed my concerns about the kids being put in foster care. She said that wouldn't happen unless nobody in our family wanted to step in and take them. Seeing as how we have a big family I knew that if removed from the home they would still remain in the family until the grandparents got their act together and could have them back. This has been months ago and NOTHING has been done. I wish authority figures would get their priorities straight. I commend this mother for having her children outside to play and actually WATCHING them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Does this mean that kids can't play in treehouses now? What if they were to fall out? Do we need to employ a civil engineer to construct it, and then have land planning authority (or equivalent) come around and certify the structure first?

This is genuinely the most outrageous thing I've read today. Even more so than the other arrest concerning the guy picking his kids up from school.

I really hope Australia doesn't end up following the US on this one.

<< 1  2   >>

join