It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Let Your Kids Play Outside - You Could Be Arrested!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
A Harris County mother let's her 6 and 9 year old play outside on scooters around their little cul de sac, WHILE she's outside watching them, and along comes big, bad mr police officer and arrests her for child endangerment. Thanks to a nosey, inconsiderate neighbor, the officer arrests her for letting her children play outside unsupervised. She is made to stay in jail, locked up like a hardened criminal for 18 friggin hours!!! Fortunately the family is sueing and I hope they get MILLIONS!

Story

How many of us played "unsupervised" nearly all of our childhood? In the woods? On the road? In the canal? In the lake? My childhood, compared to this, could be considered a thousand times more endangering than riding a scooter in a cul de sac! Hell, my parents would have been thrown in jail as terrorists in comparison.

This really infuriates me to no end. What's next? We'll be arrested for looking outside our window? Oh Wait!!! I almost forgot!!!

Police were continually screaming “don’t look out the window!” during their sweep in Watertown last week. This photo shows what happens to folks who disobeyed that order.

Source
(I know it's not really related in this same manner but it does still prove a point)

It seems that it's not only time for a Government cleansing but a clensing of law inforcement. These guys should really go back through training to learn just what their jobs are and what they are NOT supposed to do and how not to act towards the people. It's Protect and SERVE - not subdue, subvert and repress!

What say you ATS?
edit on 19-11-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow, that's ridiculous...

When I was a kid I used to go out and play with my mates from 8 in the morning, sometimes not even returning for my dinner in the evening, if I could help it, unless I was in the vicinity where my mother could see me and call me inside the house. I did go inside, but very reluctantly...

I used to live by 3 disused old quarries, 2 became landfill sites, the other was half full of water. The land fill sites were always fun, rummaging through boxes and bags of rubbish thrown away by supermarkets, most of the stuff was still in date, and yes we did used to eat it, I even found an old false leg once. We also used to fill boxes up with handfull's of phosphorus rock that we used to take and throw at brick walls and it used to ignite into flames, brilliant fun...

The other quarry I mentioned filled with water was where we used to go on Summer days and swim naked and make 6 foot long snorkels out of bamboo that we used to find and see how deep we could go down in the water...

And then there were the building sites where we used to play Army and Cowboys and Indians, ooh, the list is endless, and most of this was all done before I was 12 years old....

All you young kids out there, you can stick your xbox and your PS3 up your jaxxy, go and live a little instead of getting no natural light and getting fatter in your bedroom....

So going by what I just told you, my mother would have got a life term in prison in today's sorry world...

Thanks for bringing the memories back.....

edit on 19-11-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Star and Flag.

It really is getting ridiculous! When I was growing up it was expected that on days with good weather I would be outside in the woods playing or a quarter mile down the road at a neighbors playing with their kids. On bad weather days I read books or played board games with my Grandmother, who also taught me how to cook.

I hope this woman gets a huge settlement from the police but more importantly I hope her neighbor learns to keep her nose out of other people’s business until she has checked her facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Crazy story, talked about it a lil while ago, the search function is kind of meh.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-11-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Seems its missing something. Things like this is usually warning from police officers.

What the point of the Boston shooting image? to get an effect from readers?

It probably went down more subtle then you make it seem.

I grew up playing outside without parent supervision, and i don't want to take it away from kids now a days either... if they really wanna play outside now a days that is.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

She is made to stay in jail, locked up like a hardened criminal for 18 friggin hours!!! Fortunately the family is sueing and I hope they get MILLIONS!

18 hours is worth millions? Dear god, way to highlight the problem with the US entitlement system. If she or her husband makes $20/hour than pay her 18 hours worth and maybe double it for the hardship.

There are people who have spent their entire lives in jail, innocent. And if you paid out everyone that shouldn't be there but is (immoral or mandatory sentences that should be abolished) the country would be broke.

Im not agreeing with the actions of the officer or the state of 'law & order", but the litigious society is the reason for such terrible services stateside.
edit on 19-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And this started with an idiot neighbor, who probably hates kids.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The innocent mother was booked, finger printed, palm scanned, photographed, and treated like criminal. This record will not go away. I hope she laughs all the way to the bank when all is said and done. Maybe this will teach certain people to poke their noses around somewhere else and find a life.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Yep! I literally spent the majority of my childhood outside. Roaming the neighborhood, playing by the woods and the creek. Thank goodness, we didn't have spiteful neighbors. This woman is doing it right. She has her kids playing outside instead of sitting them in front of the tv or game system all day. She should be commended.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Taissa
reply to post by boncho

The innocent mother was booked, finger printed, palm scanned, photographed, and treated like criminal. This record will not go away. I hope she laughs all the way to the bank when all is said and done. Maybe this will teach certain people to poke their noses around somewhere else and find a life.

Innocent people are arrested all the time. Like I said, I admit the cops are asshats in this scenario but for all you know the neighbours saw previous actions and they reported it, and if the headline was "kids hit by car while mom went in house for beer" you'd be asking why they didn't do anything after getting a tip from the community.

Now, it goes without saying the police and government should have minimal involvement in how we raise our kids, but, they do have to act on reports. So, in this case I imagine a simple talking to should have been sufficient.

But just so we are clear, you believe everyone that is arrested and held for 18 hours should be awarded millions of dollars if they are innocent?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Police were continually screaming “don’t look out the window!” during their sweep in Watertown last week. This photo shows what happens to folks who disobeyed that order

Wow. That officer/ soldier, (how do you tell the difference anymore?) is pointing his weapon at the photographer....that is out of control...but hey, the police/ soldiers can do whatever they wish....after all it's for your safety.

The US is going collectively insane.....neighbors turning neighbors in to the police....now they have snitch programs in the Federal Gov so you can turn in your coworkers as well. Who ever thought it would get to this?
edit on 19-11-2013 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

They need to sue and make it really really serious that this abuse is over, finishio! No one should ever let something like this, that lands in their laps, go unpunished. They are your minions, not your overlords.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

this was posted last year.
here is the thread.

Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside

and again this year.
Houston woman sues after being arrested for allowing her kids to play outside.

it's still a sad thing, nosey busy bodied neighbors.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Act on reports yes.. Investigate ask questions, maybe give a word of caution or warning.. Grab a mother who is outside supervising her children.. Handcuff her and arrest her.. For what? How do you think that affected the children? They weren't hit by a car, she wasnt drinking..

So should she be paid millions? Yes! Btw, encase you've just woke up.. Our country is already bankrupt..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Either the neighbor doesn't like kids or doesn't like how her neighbor is raising the kids. Either way, it's none of her business unless the kids are directly threatening her property in some way or are actually in direct, imminent danger.

I hope the lady sues her house out from under her.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

She needs to be made aware of somethings.
See she now has an arrest record. She's in the system and now CPS
can watch her.

Then they watch her and wait for a situation to exploit. Boom moms in
jail again. There goes her lawsuit, the cops are happy. And depending on
a full range of possibilities that may or may not occure, but could include
manipulation by some sickening public official. Who as only a passerbye
at one point. Saw something he liked in the culdesac that same day
the officer first showed up in the culdesac and arrested her.

She's has a right to sue the cops. But they could easily squash her
making it detrimental to lifes number one moral element.
Self preservation.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

boncho

She is made to stay in jail, locked up like a hardened criminal for 18 friggin hours!!! Fortunately the family is sueing and I hope they get MILLIONS!

18 hours is worth millions? Dear god, way to highlight the problem with the US entitlement system. If she or her husband makes $20/hour than pay her 18 hours worth and maybe double it for the hardship.

There are people who have spent their entire lives in jail, innocent. And if you paid out everyone that shouldn't be there but is (immoral or mandatory sentences that should be abolished) the country would be broke.

Im not agreeing with the actions of the officer or the state of 'law & order", but the litigious society is the reason for such terrible services stateside.

the idea behind suing for such large amounts is NOT necessarily because someone "deserves" that amount of money, but is to HURT in order to try to prevent similar things from happening. think of it like a fine, if you have lots of money what good is say a $10 ticket for going 100 mph over the speed limit? will that stop someone from repeating the speeding? or will they just pay that $10 every time as it has no effect on their finances? where as say a $10,000 fine might make them think twice about going so fast next time?

i do understand that we are talking about public money, but how else to try to stop this type of crap? if for example the police have a limited funding and no hope of gaining more perhaps they would start to learn to be more cautious than they have been the last few years. how long would it take them to decide that perhaps new cruisers, or even PAY for the department is worth being careful not to incur such suits?

in this case i hope they take the neighbor and officer involved for everything they have, the rest coming from the department's budget. let them serve as a warning to others about minding their own business when there is nothing wrong.

as for those wrongfully in prison, same thing, except add in the prosecutors and THEIR department budgets to serve as a warning for others.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The sad irony is that the nosy self righteous neighbor caused the kids harm due to her actions. I bet the poor little guys suffered while their mother was taken away in irons, not understanding why.

Seriously, if no harm or fault can be proven that the mother endangered her children that neighbor should be brought up on charges of child abuse. Some folk will deride me for saying this but I get the impression that the sound of the two little kiddies having a good time with their mom made that hag uncomfortable in some way. I know! I'll call the cops and show them how to really ruin a day.

No comment the neighbor says. Gutless old woman. Let the community know why you felt they were in danger. Let the community know why you felt the need to bring the heavy hand of government down onto that family. Disgusting behavior. Even sadder is the fact that the police took the mom away. Apparently did not care for her side of the story at the scene.

How did government get to the point that one complaint from an unrelated, non-family member neighbor has the power to put a parent in jail?

Welcome to "See Something? ...........SAY SOMETHING!!!!"

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

the idea behind suing for such large amounts is NOT necessarily because someone "deserves" that amount of money, but is to HURT in order to try to prevent similar things from happening. think of it like a fine, if you have lots of money what good is say a $10 ticket for going 100 mph over the speed limit? will that stop someone from repeating the speeding? or will they just pay that $10 every time as it has no effect on their finances? where as say a $10,000 fine might make them think twice about going so fast next time?

Nice sentiment, but not true. I am not sure if police services have insurance, but I imagine they are like every other industry and they do (public or private). Which means, in effect, you are simply jacking your own insurance rates because the insurance company will spread their losses across the board.

The US has some of the highest insurance costs in the world, especially health care, where litigation is a booming business. Drug companies are fined billions and billions and continue doing what they do.

I don't think you have a point.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What mother or even father wouldn't let their children play outside? I remember my parents always letting me go outside heck they would practically throw me out and tell me to get fresh air. Plus outside back then was always more fun than being stuck inside and playing games. Having toy guns and all and when it snowed, oh boy was that fun! So I don't get why such a thing WOULD be a problem. Ages six and nine should be allowed to play outside so long as they know to move away from cars as they come by ( if in the street but this is a cul-de-sac). So I'd assume a lot of traffic wouldn't come through. This all just seems plain silly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join