It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One way to open a can without a can opener

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I was looking for some game news and I found this cool video. Thought I would share.

Basically, open a can by rubbing off the top edge a bit(with something abrasive) and squeezing.

Original page,
sploid.gizmodo.com...@lukeplunkett

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kmb08753

Nice...

Great contribution to the survival forum, if only for the simplicity as well as the lack of need for additional tools to get 'er done!

But, the best part, the pussy at the end of the vid...it wouldn't have been complete without it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Already covered a few days ago.....

Interesting though when in need of opening a can...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Oh man, I did a search..... my mistake.

Sorry for the extra thread and hassle of closing.

edit on 19-11-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i'm glad you made it, I probably would've never seen it. s&f

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

kmb08753
reply to post by davethebear

Oh man, I did a search..... my mistake.

Sorry for the extra thread and hassle of closing.

edit on 19-11-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

No hassle - this info is that important for users to know.

Kinda like telling the wife about the DVR and HD channel recording... If I wanted to watch low resolution TV, we'd have the VCR connected. (modified tosh.o joke - the original was harsh).

The simplicity of this method is mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Here is also a tip.

If you have difficulties starting a fire and you have a orang, You can use the orange djuse from the orange as as ignition fluid.

You dont need a fire stick or matches to ignite the djuse. It will ignite just by rubbing two rock toghether. But be carefull it burns without collour.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

What I would do:I would stab 2 holes close together on the can's lid to make a starting point for cutting-then using a good-quality pair of scissors that can cut at least a small piece of metal like a can's lid,I would cut till there's enough space to pour out the nosh.Seems simpler,quicker+less energy expended,also quieter,which can be essential in some SHTF scenario's.

edit on 21-11-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo+add

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Raxoxane

What I would do:I would stab 2 holes close together on the can's lid to make a starting point for cutting-then using a good-quality pair of scissors that can cut at least a small piece of metal like a can's lid,I would cut till there's enough space to pour out the nosh.Seems simpler,quicker+less energy expended,also quieter,which can be essential in some SHTF scenario's.

edit on 21-11-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo+add

All that would come out is the liquid. The rest of it would get stuck behind the lid.

This is a cool method! Never heard of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I also never saw the other thread with this on, so am glad I saw this one! Some people may not watch, or pass the thread by, thinking they won't ever need to do stuff like this, but who knows when you might need to.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Guess wat...cat service too...

I love this guys videos, some of them are kind of borderline dumb but his off the wall comments make up for it.

Thanks for sharing.

The Rat.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
or if you don't habe concret try this
laughingsquid.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i cringed every time i saw him squeeze the can. just waiting for him to slice his finger open. Thanks for posting, and thanks to Domo for posting the first one.

top topics

join