It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intruder asks woman “do you want to meet God?”, instead, he meets her GUN.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Milwaukie woman pulls gun on intruder.

MILWAUKIE, Ore. -- An intruder in Milwaukie tried to break into a home after he had already walked into two other apartments and had a gun pulled on him Friday night.

The man was captured on surveillance video walking up to a home and looking through a window at children playing with their babysitter. The man is then seen trying to open the door and get inside. When he discovers the door is locked, he takes off.

Before trying to get in the home, the man had reportedly walked in two other apartments. In one, he followed Crystal McKinney upstairs and inside. She knew something wasn't right. "I backed up and I said 'What are you doing?'" McKinney said. "He said, 'Do you want to meet God?' I went to my room and got my gun. I said get out or I will shoot you."

Meet God? Instead, how about I Introduce you to my size 13 boot?

Better yet, have you met my two pals, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson? No? Allow me to introduce them, "BLAM BLAM!!!"

AMIRITE!?!?!?!?

GTFO!!!

Mental evaluation? How crazy can he be if hes taking his time to look inside windows only to then leave after determining that the door is locked.

Its not as though he was lost, ended up in her apartment and said, "would it be ok if I stayed for a while and we had some pleasant conversation?"

He said, "do you want to meet God?" That implies that he's going to kill her!

"No, I would not like to 'meet God'. Now please close the door and lock it as Operation Steel Toed Boot is about to commence."

edit on 11/19/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed T&C infraction picture;

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Please leave the one-liners to Tater Salad. And this brings to mind the girl who was killed because she believed in God. Kinda the exact opposite of this case, but the guy asked her and she said yes. There's a book about it. "She Said Yes".

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
She should have kneecapped him and asked if he would like to meet the paramedics. Unreal.

I am glad she was able to defend herself. From that question, it would appear that he was threatening to kill her.

edit on 11/19/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
She should have blown his arse back out the door. BOOM BOOM BOOM ....Yea, 911 I have a situation over here. No mame, it's a non-emergency now.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

it looks bogus to me.

fake.

just my 2c worth, sorry

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think the lady did the right thing.

Why no bang bang?

Well, IF she did happen to fire on this guy, IN an APARTMENT COMPLEX, the news could have read:

Woman kills intruder, and stray bullet hits child in adjacent apartment.

I'm completely in favor of self defense through force of arms.

Time and place, however, is something to be considered in choosing your defensive arsenal.
Live in an apartment complex?
Well, those walls aren't exactly too thick, and feel free to set up some sheetrock panels at the range, or wherever you shoot to see how much penetration you get.

For an apartment complex, I'd think a shotgun with rock salt, bean bag, or any other alternative that is NOT going to pose a threat to neighbors would be the best bet.

All you bloodthirsty sorts might find this opinion unpopular, but, the whole point of defense is to STAY ALIVE. So long as that's accomplished, it's a good day.

edit on 11/19/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

All you bloodthirsty sorts might find this opinion unpopular, but, the whole point of defense is to STAY ALIVE. So long as that's accomplished, it's a good day.

Actually this type of defense happens on the order of 750,000 times a year depending on who's study is quoted. I think those who want blood are thinking about the prep's next victim if he is not stopped more than the shedding of blood.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

She should have shot him, he will just find someone else to do whatever he had in mind. Obviously the man is a psycho, might as well save some other innocent person the possible the pain and/or death. She said he had no reaction, that's a sign of a sociopath, especially if his only words are "are you ready to meet god?" upon intruding.
Most likely this would have been a murder case, or worse, had she not had the weapon to protect herself. You don't have good intentions if you intrude into someones home and ask them if they are ready to meet god.

Hopefully they can find him and get him out of general society before he does someone harm.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Thurisaz

it looks bogus to me.
fake.
just my 2c worth, sorry

keep your little piddly two cents.
they got the thug on tape.

she should've busted a cap in his a@@, on his way out the door.
i would've.
edit on 19-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
She should have shot him dead. I would have..I am 100% prepared to put anyone down that comes into my house..I won't even ask any questions. He sounds like a lost cause anyway..should have put him down like a sick dog.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
I think the lady did the right thing.

Why no bang bang?

Well, IF she did happen to fire on this guy, IN an APARTMENT COMPLEX, the news could have read:

Woman kills intruder, and stray bullet hits child in adjacent apartment.

I'm completely in favor of self defense through force of arms.

Time and place, however, is something to be considered in choosing your defensive arsenal.
Live in an apartment complex?
Well, those walls aren't exactly too thick, and feel free to set up some sheetrock panels at the range, or wherever you shoot to see how much penetration you get.

For an apartment complex, I'd think a shotgun with rock salt, bean bag, or any other alternative that is NOT going to pose a threat to neighbors would be the best bet.

If your gonna own a gun for home defense you need to...let me repeat NEED TO be proficient with said gun. You should be at the range at least once a month for at least 50-100rnds. Shooting is a perishable skill and must be maintained. So as nice as all these shotgun rounds are and the likes are cool...not everyone is going to be able to do that. Hell I don't even own a shot gun anymore, but I do go shoot 50rnds bi-weekly and can say without a doubt I can hit a person sized target at the max distance they could possibly be in my apt. without worry. It comes down to responsibility and if you own a gun it's your responsibility to actually be able to properly use/aim it. If you can't do that maybe you should look into a baseball bat or taser.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

RickyD

If your gonna own a gun for home defense you need to...let me repeat NEED TO be proficient with said gun. You should be at the range at least once a month for at least 50-100rnds. Shooting is a perishable skill and must be maintained. So as nice as all these shotgun rounds are and the likes are cool...not everyone is going to be able to do that. Hell I don't even own a shot gun anymore, but I do go shoot 50rnds bi-weekly and can say without a doubt I can hit a person sized target at the max distance they could possibly be in my apt. without worry. It comes down to responsibility and if you own a gun it's your responsibility to actually be able to properly use/aim it. If you can't do that maybe you should look into a baseball bat or taser.

Okay, so, you can shoot the wings off a gnat, or at least hit a person sized target.

Are your rounds going to EXIT the target and KEEP TRAVELLING? In an Apartment Complex? With Children potentially right next door?

I was using the rock salt shotgun as an example of something that isn't going to have as much PENETRATION.

Who cares if you can group a whole magazine into someone's eyeball if those rounds KEEP TRAVELLING and also wind up inside your neighbors?

RESPONSIBILITY. YUP. Where does the round go AFTER you hit the target? What ammo are you using?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So you'd have shot a man in the back? How brave and heroic of you...

she should've busted a cap in his a@@, on his way out the door. i would've.

i find it alarming how many are saying she should have shot him.
He turned and walked out. Job done.
Was it not good that she didnt have to shoot him? She could have killed him.
A pointless waste of life it would have been.
Now if he went to attack her it would be a different story, but he didnt.
He walked away.....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

So you'd have shot a man in the back? How brave and heroic of you...

she should've busted a cap in his a@@, on his way out the door. i would've.

i find it alarming how many are saying she should have shot him.
He turned and walked out. Job done.
Was it not good that she didnt have to shoot him? She could have killed him.
A pointless waste of life it would have been.
Now if he went to attack her it would be a different story, but he didnt.
He walked away.....

I see you point, but if you could, consider the situation from the angle that we still have a dangerous nutjob who tried to break into other's peoples houses, still on the lose and perhaps next time he'll get into that house where the kids were playing with their babysitter and the girl won't have access to a gun to defend herself. The next story may not end so happily.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

NavyDoc
I see you point, but if you could, consider the situation from the angle that we still have a dangerous nutjob who tried to break into other's peoples houses, still on the lose and perhaps next time he'll get into that house where the kids were playing with their babysitter and the girl won't have access to a gun to defend herself. The next story may not end so happily.

Quite often we find the only deterrent to crime is the imminent threat of death. Laws don't deter criminals ... and the punishments applicable to their crimes fail too often. More and more I see the US devolving into that prepping state known as WROL (without rule of law), in that laws are applicable only to the law-abiding.

If it was me, I would have ended the guy on-the-spot. The reason: See AliceBleachWhite's comments above ... I don't want to become the collateral damage of a stray round from the apartment next door. YMMV

Some may fault a next-door neighbor for not believing in the right of self defense. They make themselves easy prey which encourages wanton criminal behavior. I personally could care less if my unarmed next-door neighbor is brutalized in a crime. Not gonna gloat about it either. The fact remains that when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

The only guy I worry about in this discussion, is the one who wants me disarmed ... so that the pasture is completely level and all the sheep taste the same. The OP clearly makes a case in favor of my beliefs. I'm glad the victim doesn't have a mess to clean up and I hope she doesn't develop a crick in her neck from looking over her shoulder all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Her answer to the question should have been, "Do you?"

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Please leave the one-liners to Tater Salad. And this brings to mind the girl who was killed because she believed in God. Kinda the exact opposite of this case, but the guy asked her and she said yes. There's a book about it. "She Said Yes".

That was from Columbine.

And that poor girl didn't have a gun either.

But if someone else had a gun, maybe there would have been less carnage? As bad as it is for one being killed, if someone had a gun, maybe those boys would have been stopped sooner.

Sometimes we have to consider this, and I can relate this from Sunday, we might make that decision, but we can't expect our decision to be put on someone else.

We all know Indiana and Illinois had tornadoes. I live in Indiana and my friend called me to tell me to watch the weather, so I turned on my TV just as the tornado siren went off. In my building, there are many elderly people who cannot walk fast enough and since this is a six story building, getting those confused elderly people to the safe hallway became more important. So we did what we could to get them down to safety, but there were some people who said "If the tornado gets me, it gets me".

We could not in good conscience place that onto the others we did have a duty to help. And what would their children have thought if we told them "We wanted to help, but they rejected"?

Thank God my building was spared, we did lose the antenna from the roof and we didn't even get the funnel, we only got the side winds. But the damage in our towns and around us, it is great damage. So getting ready to meet God, with the reply "meet my gun", perhaps that woman was more concerned about something greater at that moment?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I totally agree, sawed off shot gun, pistol grip.. You can round corners easily and the rounds don't kill innocents in other rooms.. Bird shot, rock salt, bean bags have major knock down power..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mine wont exit the target. I use PDX+1 Hollow Points. They go in...expand larger...and should stay there. Of course...there is no guarantee. But that is why those of us carrying legally for self defense even USE hollow point rounds.

There is a at least some assurance that they should stay where they should without exiting....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

So you'd have shot a man in the back? How brave and heroic of you... Text

no i said a@@, the buttocks, the gluteus maximus.
and it has nothing to do with being brave or heroic, it's about not taking any sh@@, and showing them that.
that way when the cops came i could tell them to look in the hospitals for someone shot in the a@@, also he would remember what happened every time he sat down. then his breaking and entering, armed robbery, home invading thug a@@ could be locked up , where he should be.

now he is still on the loose and a threat to others.

edit on 19-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join