It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON Has Grown Wings? 2013 HD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Cometary wings is a known phenomenon, and usually indicated disintegration. But in ISON's case, it may be just the result of strong activity and gas or dust jets. www.isoncampaign.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Damn you Goku!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Somehow reading the OP external text. Supposing it might be alien in origin ,and although I romantically find those interesting thoughts I ask myself why would this imaginable spaceship first orbit the sun and not go straight to its target namely earth ?

I mean that wouldn't make sense right?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I think it was John Lear who first brought this up saying that the Suns are used as starports. And that's why we sometime see objects coming from the sun/towards. This is just a theory though.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I played around with the image on my phone. The oval or "egg" seems very defined. Is this normal for a comet nucleus?

King

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As long as ISON doesn't slow down, I think we're good.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

PurpleDog UK

Picture taken today

by Sergio Kaminsky
using a 10" SCT @ 2020mm
DSLR T3i

looks almost like a speeding bullet or egg shaped craft.....;-))

PDUK

I think the long exposure time made this effect because you can see that the stars behind it are elongated..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm a little curious now about the photo's i put up because the 'source' seems to have been removed from where i copied the image....?

Could be a manipulated picture put up and removed or maybe TPTB have decided to ''censor'' the image...?

Apologies if the former..... intrigue if the latter..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But then wouldn't the blue glow of the coma be more of a smudge than a circle?

King

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

That's odd .. I thought I had found the source link on flicker , But that wasn't the source then..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Could be? maybe vibrance or brightness and contrast did the job , but I tried to create similar effect in photoshop but couldn't come close to that..

We have to find the source who made them..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I've tried good 'ole Google but Sergio Kaminsky doesn't bring up many results of relevance. There is this profile on 500px Sergio Kaminsky but it doesn't have the image shown in the OP.

King

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Believe it or not, this isn't the first time this has happened here on ATS, A few times I witnessed that the source was removed even on the same page discussing it. Do a google search using the image and see what other links u get. If you only get ATS then something is very of.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Can we trace him being within a astronomical community ?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I did an image search using PDUK's first image with Google and I didn't get any matches. Its not even shown as being in this thread.

Not as yet. I tried searching for AstroScience as well, but didn't find anything.

King

Edit - Must of done something.wrong because a Google search for Sergio Kaminsky AstroScience brings up the Flickr account containing PDUK's first image. Not much else though.
edit on 19/11/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I searched the exact info that PDUK first posted with the pic, ie:

"Sergio Kaminsky using a 10" SCT @ 2020mm DSLR T3i"

And found this:

asterisk.apod.com...

Appears to be the source, as Sergio is responding to questions about the pictures in that thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Just looking at that link now
we have found our answer it would seem.

King

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I did find the picture though .. and displayed his equipment so I think he's within this astronomical society , I wonder what his thoughts are maybe he can't say anything about it?

Click on picture

update

The guy who made this picture explains:

Re: Submissions: 2013 November Postby geckzilla » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:57 pm
Whoa, what's going on with ISON's nucleus there, Sergio?

2013 November Postby AstroScience » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:01 pm I think it won't survive the perihelion :-)

Postby Ann » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:24 pm Those are fantastic images, Sergio. Tell me, what filters have you used for the color pictures?

Postby AstroScience » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:57 pm Thank you, Ann, I'm glad you liked it. Well, it's simple as it gets, it's a DSLR, Canon T3i camera. That's it. Amateur equipment. :-) It's been modified though (replacing internal filter), to accept more of Ha wavelength, as many DSLR astrophotographers do and I still use it for daytime works with custom white balance. No additional Clip-In filters have been used.

Starship Asterix

But I still don't understand what he meant by that?
edit on 0b04America/ChicagoTue, 19 Nov 2013 15:20:04 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 19 Nov 2013 15:20:04 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Great job finding this..

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This image is so surreal. almost look like a organic pod.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join