It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am such a proud Mum... my Son has made his first huntiing vid :D

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Restricted
It'll be fair when the deer and the bear and the shark are armed. Until then you're just sissies with guns and knives. You wouldn't be so brave without your weapons.

And they wouldn't be so brave without their antlers, claws and teeth. Kind of a moot point. If no one hunted throughout history and went toe to toe combat with every animal they saw instead, you wouldn't exist.

Last time I was deer hunting I spent 8 hours in below freezing, after soaking my leg on the way up to the stand. Could have died from pneumonia…

Wait, what exactly do you do again for food? I imagine you eat. Maybe you aren't a meat eater, but what about your mother, father, sister, brother… You go on the same rant every time they eat meat?

Ah wait, I get it… We're being trolled. Touche…
edit on 19-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

boncho

Ah wait, I get it… We're being trolled.

yes I think you are correct on this one.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Big brave hunter afraid of antlers and teeth.

Telling the truth isn't trolling.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Growing up around hunting and fishing taught me a lot of love and respect for the animal kingdom. It makes for a strong connection/bond you feel about the food you eat that you can't get from buying it at the supermarket.

When you grow/harvest/hunt for your food, you learn a completely different appreciation for it.

It's what giving "thanks" was all about and why Thanksgiving became tradition in the fall season.

And your son made a great video OP...

I especially liked the intro: awesome graphics, nice choice of music. He did a really good job with it, and I think he has a natural talent for film making.

So tell your son to keep it up with the film making and give him a two thumbs up from this pussycat !

edit on 19-11-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

thankyou.

My Son and his friends made it together. I think they did a really job.
There was one part in it where he had the bow aimed and could not take the shot and we really laughed when the music was sadder right at that point.

thanks for sharing your experiences too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Your son has wisdom far beyond his years and is an excellent writer to boot!
Absolutely be proud! ( I wish my sons felt at home in the bush as much as yours )
The world could use more ecologists and natural scientists who actually know how to live from the land.
It's the "hands on" approach that makes it all the more real and vital while scientists get bogged down in information and theory instead of seeing what's actually happening in front of their faces.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thanks !

I have always supported his outdoor activities. I am very proud and relieved, more so that he has short and long term goals. We are saving up now for the next big hunting trip and that is in NZ next year.

I was surprised when he was about 12 and we went to the beach and he took his snorkling gear and spear and caught with the spear whiting and he cleaned it all up and we ate it for dinner. So, I think the expense of his hobbies has balanced out in some way with not having to buy as much food.

(post by stargatetravels removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Don't call my Son a Psycho.

Ever heard of Freud?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Thurisaz

Don't call my Son a Psycho.

Ever heard of Freud?

Nowhere did I call your son a psycho.
I called people who are proud of their sons killing animals, psychos...and people who think discussing the killing of animals to be 'chit chat', psychos.
Perhaps try reading my post.

edit on 21-11-2013 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

stargatetravels
Maybe if you're psychos.

Psycho 1: hey my son & his pals went camping and murdered animals this weekend

Psycho 2: oh you must be SO proud!

^ well what does the above imply then?

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

stargatetravels

Nowhere did I call your son a psycho.
I called people who are proud of their sons killing animals, psychos...and people who think discussing the killing of animals to be 'chit chat', psychos.

Well then, everyone discussing the issue has just been called a psycho by you!

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Thurisaz

Well then, everyone discussing this has just been called a psycho by you!

Wow, really? That's your response.
I suppose to expect more from a woman who can't read posts & who takes satisfaction and pride in her son killing animals is probably wushful thinking.

Well done.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Your replies are abusive.

If you had anything intelligent to contribute, it is lost now.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think it really disturbs me to see how many people are so adverse to hunting they are sickened or disgusted by it. As a hunter myself who (gasp) HAS killed warm furry things to eat them, many times in my life, I weep to hear my fellow citizens.

Hunter/Firearms safety used to be taught in HIGH SCHOOL, believe it or don't. Hunting is a long and proud tradition, so strongly followed, deer season is nearly a state holiday in many states.

So, it's understandable when urban people who seem to miss the connection between live, warm and active creature to the package of meat in the supermarket view it this way, but I have to ask....When or if TSHTF, is it going to be an "ewwwwww... nasty hunters!" while someone starves to death or might some folks realize humans are apex predators and reached this point by eating what we coexist with?

It's part of life...and it's good to see today's youth learning life skills and not just what it takes to be politically correct.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As long as they do something with the meat it's fine. Whether you go to mcdonalds or you go hunting it's the same thing only one cuts out the middle man. Even if you go to Subway chances are you won't order a Veggi delight. So you're eating meat, so someone killed an animal, whoppy ding, that's what they're hear for, is for us to eat them. I prefer the hunting video over the mcdonalds video...

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

You're a goof, and so are your PETA pals in this thread.

The only reason you're around to post condescending remarks on the internet is because your ancestors were more man than you'll ever be and hunted game to make sure your progenitors could have you. I'm sure THEY must be proud...

Give the OP some respect.
edit on 21-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Nice video OP. Your son is close in age as mine. My son skinned his first coon the other day and it looked like Swiss cheese
He was so disappointed in the results but he is trying again with another in just a few hours. He really wants to master the skill of skinning and tanning. Unfortunately he has to learn everything from videos because no one around here hunts or traps and have never even seen a fresh kill unless it is smooshed on the highway. In any event, people like us are grateful for these types of vids!

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

yes well tanning is a professional job. We have some skins wrapped in salt at the moment and about a month after the next salt change I will take the skins to the tannery and get them professionally done.

I am good at sewing and when they are finished, I line them and make great bedspreads. Winter warmth, nothing beats fur.

Fox hide is good too but you need a lot of foxes to make a blanket.
cheers

oh edit to add:

oh best thing is to rub salt into the hide. Leave about 2cms worth of salt on it and fold it up and leave it in a hessian bag, that way it is aerated. Every couple of weeks, rub all the old salt off and add new salt. We usually salt them for about 6 months then take it to the tanner. We have never tried to tan it ourselves. It is very toxic or so I am told.
edit on 22/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: add extra info

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

yes some of the farming techniques I shudder at and I never eat chicken anymore, especially after I saw how they are farmed for some of our big fast food chains.

I would rather have my own chickens in my yard and eat them. At least I know they lived a good free life rather than in sheds 'free range' and processed earlier because of the hormones in the food. I would actually eat an 'adult' chicken from my own yard...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join