It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old boy tasered in face, beaten to a pulp by cops after shoplifting from Wal-Mart

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

I wasn't there so I won't directly comment on the suspects or officers actions.

However, I will say this.

1. Tasers are not extremely accurate. When you fire them the distance between the two probes grows as they travel further. What I am saying is It is possible to aim at a persons back and unintentionally strike them in the head when they run away due to the increased spread of the probes. Maybe the officer fired the Taser at the suspects back while he was running and at the same time the suspect turned his head to see where the officer was. To automatically assume that the officer intentionally fired the Taser at the suspects face is mere conjecture. Who knows though. I, nor anybody else on this forum was there.

2. Those injuries are consistent with a person falling on their face. That is not to say everyone that falls on their face suffers the same injuries, but I have seen those results many times.

3. This is why my agency changed the policy on use of the Taser. We are NOT allowed to use the Taser on a suspect that commits a non violent misdemeanor. It was a welcome change. In my opinion it is not worth the risk of severely injuring somebody to make an arrest for a non violent crime.

I also wanted to briefly respond to another poster who said that a suspect handcuffed from behind was unable to pull and fire a weapon. That is false. There have been cases where a suspect who was handcuffed from behind has been able to pull a weapon and use it on themselves or someone else.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I am not saying that the officers had any reason to suspect that the suspect in the shoplifting case was armed. Just simply pointing out the fact that it is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

Now if you excuse me, I have a donut to go eat........

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
has it occurred to any one , that : the victim could be lying ?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
What? You expect them to chase a kid in handcuffs and risk dropping a perfectly good donut?
What planet are you people from?
( this looks like police work to me, you can't fall on both sides of your face at once)

Sadly, that makes the most sense.
I could picture that scenario the moment I read it

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

He was running away from the cops and yet they tasered him in the face? Is it common practice to taser people in the face?
reply to post by theantediluvian

if your running AWAY from the police turd then how can a taser hit him in the face? should be the question

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

ignorant_ape
has it occurred to any one , that : the victim could be lying ?

Bucks County District Attorney David Heckler said the officers yelled warnings at Sargeant's son before firing a Taser to subdue him. Police said the Taser struck the boy in the face and, since his hands were in cuffs, he fell face-first without being able to brace for the fall.

The cops aren't denying that they tasered a handcuffed 14 year old in the face.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

acacko
reply to post by elouina

you have to realize that when you commit a crime, there is always a potential for things to get out of hand.

next time, don't shoplift

why should the citizenry shoulder the tax burden for walmart's and other big business's corporate enforcers?

let walmart take over paying police salaries and free the taxpayer from having to pay for a service they don't receive.

the same walmart that will fire an employee for intervening with a shoplifter or armed robber, citing reckless endangerment of other customers, especially over a matter covered by insurance.

this is a perfect example of the sweet little cost cutting deals big corps employ: they get a private army of armed thugs, but none of the costs [other than a few political donations] or LIABILITIES.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Two shiners, on the part of the body where it in concave part of the skull.

The kid got beaten, cause those are definitely shiners. It not easy getting that from concrete at all, unlike a serious scrape of his skin which is usually the result from concrete. The nose could of been the result of "face into concrete", but the eyes...Somebody punched him, in both eyes.

Plus, a taser leaves a little prick or hole in the skin, and pretty much like a paper cut.

That's one high powered taser with a large enough surface area, where it hit the kid like an anvil from looney toon show.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Wide-Eyes

Whatever the facts are here, a taser in the face is just wrong.

I agree.
I'd go one further and say Tasers should be outlawed altogether.
Lethal weapon in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

boncho

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by boncho

Im not speculating on what transpired before the fall. I'm speculating on the actual injuries and they look consistent with a fall onto concrete. I've had these types of injuries growing up skateboarding, riding bikes, basketball.

I've also had the same, fell head first off of concrete from a picnic bench. Yet, not the same. (Injuries or circumstance) I think neither of our personal opinions matter (regarding falls and severity of damage on should sustain).

We instead have to look at the story, and the story doesn't seem to make much sense either.

Cheers.
edit on 19-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Were you standing ontop of the picnic bench? It was on top of concrete? Were you handcuffed? I don't think your accident is comparable to being in motion, running, jumping, etc. going into concrete face first without breaking the fall. Did a few people stand ontop of you afterwards?

The story may sound sketchy, but as we all should know not every story is factual. We have a photograph and looking at the injuries in that photograph they are consistent with falling face first into concrete. If you wanted to say something else like blows to the face were delivered through kicks, punches, or with objects, without video evidence you would have a hard time proving that based on the photographic evidence of injuries presented.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
But, will he steal again?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

boncho

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by boncho

Im not speculating on what transpired before the fall. I'm speculating on the actual injuries and they look consistent with a fall onto concrete. I've had these types of injuries growing up skateboarding, riding bikes, basketball.

I've also had the same, fell head first off of concrete from a picnic bench. Yet, not the same. (Injuries or circumstance) I think neither of our personal opinions matter (regarding falls and severity of damage on should sustain).

We instead have to look at the story, and the story doesn't seem to make much sense either.

Cheers.

Were you standing ontop of the picnic bench? It was on top of concrete? Were you handcuffed? I don't think your accident is comparable to being in motion, running, jumping, etc. going into concrete face first without breaking the fall. Did a few people stand ontop of you afterwards?

The story may sound sketchy, but as we all should know not every story is factual. We have a photograph and looking at the injuries in that photograph they are consistent with falling face first into concrete. If you wanted to say something else like blows to the face were delivered through kicks, punches, or with objects, without video evidence you would have a hard time proving that based on the photographic evidence of injuries presented.

Well if they don't release the dash cam footage, you will have a hard time of convincing people something isn't right. I was on the very top of the picnic table, hit face first into concrete. (No hands to break my fall at the time, long story.)

I've also had many broken noses, so I realize a broken nose can cause two black eyes, but that still doesn't explain how he was tazered in the face, then fell face forward.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Simply breaking the nose can cause the two shiner effect. I saw it when my mom got a nose job, which is a controlled break and reset of the nose. Always makes for two shiners. The kid's nose is reportedly broken and his face actually looks pretty consistent for a nose break (outside of the burn/scrape).

Tasing a handcuffed 14 year old kid to me is over the top and well, just plain lazy. How far did they think that kid was going to get while cuffed? They shouldn't have used the taser at all and could've just tackled the kid instead. Even if it was as simple as they tased the kid and he fell face first, I cannot think of a rational reason to tase what appears to be a small 14 year old boy for shoplifting while he was already cuffed. Period.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Whether the kid was beaten by the cops or not, I bet he won't ever want to shoplift again! Also, when you hang around bad people, bad things will happen to you. Maybe the kid has learned a very good lesson by this and hopefully he will choose his friends more wisely.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

so you do not think a it is possible that a 19 year old can coerce a 14 year old to do something that they would otherwise not do?

"do this and you will be fine. don't do this, and i will break your arm!"

as stated, the mother said that he is for the most part, a very good kid. perhaps it is true? maybe she has rose colored glasses on? maybe he should have turned around and reported that he was being coerced to commit a crime> then he would be known as a snitch and maybe be even in for more beatings from the 19 year old or his toadies?

regardless, this boy did NOT deserve this from the police. take them to the cleaners!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

At first glance it seems like the cops are way out of line, and in my opinion they most likely are. Regaurdless of any verbal testimony from either party, we can't have an apprehension just for shoplifting end up like this. It's beyond UNACCEPTABLE. For so many reasons.

It will be in nervous anticipation in which i await a possible verdict towards the law enforcement officers. I would hope that a case like this is held in higher scrutiny than an average one, due to the sheer twisted and corrupt nature of the offense (the cops not the kid), but i think it's obvious that this corruption is not only on the level of the law enforcement agents themselves, but that of the people who grant them and regulate their authority. :/

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Specimen
Two shiners, on the part of the body where it in concave part of the skull.

The kid got beaten, cause those are definitely shiners. It not easy getting that from concrete at all, unlike a serious scrape of his skin which is usually the result from concrete. The nose could of been the result of "face into concrete", but the eyes...Somebody punched him, in both eyes.

Plus, a taser leaves a little prick or hole in the skin, and pretty much like a paper cut.

That's one high powered taser with a large enough surface area, where it hit the kid like an anvil from looney toon show.
edit on 19-11-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

I agree it looks like someone pounded his face in.

I am not convinced this happened from a fall or from a tazer device.

Looks a lot more like the work of fists.

That's just my subjective assessment though based entirely off reading the article and reviewing the photograph. It could be wrong but that is what seems to be the most likely explanation.

The wounding just seems far too extensive for what is claimed.

I am open to the possibility that when he was "taken down" someone did a little rubbing or pushing and caused some "concrete burn" on the skin. Too many possibilities, I'd rather just watch a video of it so I don't have to speculate about crap I don't actually know either way. Hah!
edit on 19-11-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
14 year old, handcuffed, running away with hands handcuffed behind his back", tasered in the face,

Now call me stupid if you want' but did the cops run past him when he was running and if so why not grab his arms.
Tazed in the face, lying coppers. try running with both hands behind your back and see how far you get.

This kid was guilty, guilty of being black in America and thats it in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Thanks for your logical comments/explanations and sounds like it's from first hand experience, no less.

Also, I have the utmost respect for your avi.........to the 'Fallen Ones'

Much respect~
snarky

Donuts you say??

edit on 19-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is no evidence he was beaten. The kid doesn't say he was beaten. These are the threads that cause people to not care, because people post every little thing and blame it on the police.

No sympathy for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join