It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doe anyone ever use the Ignore button

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Nope, I've never felt the need to use the ignore button. The most obnoxious and repugnant posters usually get banned before they cause too much offense, and while they're here they provide some short lived entertainment value.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Congratulations! This is the only time in recent memory I've had to look up a word used by another poster, hehe....

There's an "Ignore" button? Really? A subconscious act of disregarding bliss, in order to "Deny"? Or a penchant to omit the perspicacious features incorporated into ATS?

perspicacious

\Per`spi*ca"cious\, a. [L. perspicax, -acis, fr. perspicere to look through: cf. F. perspicace. See Perspective.] 1. Having the power of seeing clearly; quick-sighted; sharp of sight.

2. Fig.: Of acute discernment; keen. -- Per`spi*ca\"cious*ly, adv. -- Per`spi*ca\"cious*ness, n.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is there a difference between the Ignore button (which I've never used) and a Global Ignore?

Is there such a thing as Global Ignore?

I'm involved in a thread where someone is quoting someone else, but I can't see the post they are quoting from. I guess the quotee could be posting, then deleting the post, but I doubt it.

Is there a Global Ignore, and if so, how does it work?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Is there a difference between the Ignore button (which I've never used) and a Global Ignore?

Is there such a thing as Global Ignore?

I'm involved in a thread where someone is quoting someone else, but I can't see the post they are quoting from. I guess the quotee could be posting, then deleting the post, but I doubt it.

Is there a Global Ignore, and if so, how does it work?

If memebers ideas get to wild or just plain ignorant the staff will place them on global Ignore. For the first 20 post you can see what they post.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I capped myself at two, and that's only because if I wanted to read the FreeRepublic, I would.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
nope i havent and prob wont.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Never used the ignore button..why? people from ATS must be worth...that you don´t get in need to push the ignore button , hehe

I am I right?

regards

dc

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have not used it here, yet.
However, there are two infants who
post here that I am getting ready
to use it on. Everyone has a right
to speak their mind, but I also
have a right to use my time as I
see fit, and ignorning their
blathering is a better use of my
time.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have very little experience with the ignore button (that I am aware of. who knows how many lists im on.) but from time to time I block somebody out for a week or two. More often than not it's more to protect me from myself than to get rid of them.
I use the ignore button to force myself out of cyclical debates. I have a hard time letting a point stand against me when I think somebody is severely wrong, especially if I've been insulted. So, when I can't seem to drag my own ego out of a fight, I use the ignore button to do it. I've used it 4 times on 3 members, and i always taken them off after a while.

EDIT: is there any chance we can find out how many ignore lists we are on? I'll bet there is no semi-respected member on more lists than me
. I'm an opinionated sermonizing pain in the butt.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Nope, I doubt I'll ever use the ignore feature. If I wanted to do that I wouldn't bother coming here, besides after awhile you just ignore or skim most of those you would put on that list anyway. I suspect most who use the ignore features do it out of anger or because they can't debate on a level playing field.

I agree it would be cool to see ignore statisics, at the very least my own. If that was part of the options I just might start using the ignore features knowing there were statisics kept that everyone could read. At the very least it might give me a good laugh. Of course if I was being ignored by everyone I might just go to another bar.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join