It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doe anyone ever use the Ignore button

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
used it once on a certain Michael jackson Supporter. Thats the only time ive ever used it.

Yeah, I can certainly understand you doing that.

I tried it once the first few days I was here. It was a person who has since been banned. My ignore lasted about 20 minutes.
Haven't used it since, it's just as easy to skim over the cyberjunk, in case the troll just might say something useful. Or, more often, to see the post that gets debunked.
Right now, there is a member I am wearying of, but perhaps this person will lose interest...soon

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I never used it.
But sometimes I feel that I might be on everybody�s ignore-list...
Like "invisible". Hey, maybe I am? Can anybody see this post?

Hello, helloooo, .......anybody home?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Right now, there is a member I am wearying of, but perhaps this person will lose interest...soon

My god, I can simpatize with you, is nothing worst than a pesky memeber on your butt, quoting everything you said.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
My god, I can simpatize with you, is nothing worst than a pesky memeber on your butt, quoting everything you said.

Not really on my butt, just more of an annoying gnat

PS has your hubby seen your avatar yet

PPS even when I disagree with you, you are not annoying

[edit on 17-11-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
He wants me to take it out, he is paranoid about having his pick in the net, but I like it, I just told him that I did it already.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ok people I miss pell member so off my butt.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I dont think i've ever used it.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have never used it, I like arguing to much

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
At first I resisted using the Ignore feature out of principle. After some egregious cases, however, I tried it out and decided I love it.

My policy is pretty straightforward: if someone is consistently violating the ATS T&C, and is clearly a troll, I may exercise my ignore option. Basically, if someone is so obnoxious that my ATS experience is degraded by even skimming by their posts, I Ignore them.

Once in a while, maybe twice a week, I'll clear the entire list. I won't "perma-ignore" anyone. However, I have noticed that my Ignore list is an amazingly accurate predictor for who will get banned.

It is interesting to revisit threads containing posts by such former members to 1) see the posts I previously ignored, 2) see "(banned member)" as the author of those posts, and 3) see why they got banned (it's usually not a surprise).

To each their own, of course, but when someone is really being obnoxious and running around derailing threads, it's nice to "hang up the phone" on them and get back on topic.

I both enjoy having the Ignore option available, and highly recommend it for anyone who is finding reason alone to be inadequate for the more egregious cases.

My only complaint is that the Ignore List is capped at ten members. I would like to see that bumped up somewhat, although now that the elections are over, it may be unnecessary.

Maybe increased Ignore list capacity should be sold at the Member Store.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Never used it, never will.

Why can't I see that post...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Marge, Intrepid, and Dgtempe all agree saying,

What you say, can and will be used against you....
You should all feel complimented, for someone to quote you means that what you said caught their attention (they were listening to you) and was important enough to discuss. If they're not talking about you, your nothing....i know i usually skip responding to the obviously lame and go right for those that seem intellectually worthy.

NEVER use the ignore button. Its for those that let little words on a screen get to them. I support everyones right to spew whatever stupid garbage they wish, the stupider the better as it makes it easy to weed those out.
You can never truely deny ignorance by excluding information or sources because you dont like them. How can you recognise the genius of my posts without some tabloid crap next to it for contrast?

The ignore button is like your cars hazzard light button, you never want to have to use that option, if you do push it....there is a big problem....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've never had the need to use it. Frankly because I always enjoy seeing annoying members make asses out of themselves in their posts. Makes for wholesome family entertainment.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well thanks for all of the info you all have provided. It looks like the majority do not use it, but it is used and useful to others, so it should stay.

As far as your mention of 25 point donations to members. If you think they deserve to be recognized you can vote for that member. You get 2 votes per month I believe. If that person is nominated at the end of the month, I believe they are given some points and recieve a badge of some sort that you can see by their avatar. I think I'm right. Sorry I didn't go back , but I remembered reading it. Go read your points rules.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I've been ignored.
I ignore that fact, and continue to ignore the ignore button.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Never used it, but was wondering if there is a way to see if someone else has you on ignore?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Me either, never used it.

I usually read the first two lines and skip ahead if they are bad.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have never used it, I was always afraid someone would talk # and I wouldnt know it.

I think the only person that has used it on me is TruLies.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i dont think i've ever been ignored, but i have used it afew times when people piss me off

Lets have a vote..who is ignoring me right now

*watchs SO's hand raise in the air*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join