It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Poster Child Will Have To Opt Out Of Insurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by VoidHawk

I think that is what a lot of folks were expecting to get in all honesty. That's why a lot of people are so pissed. It was sold as one thing and turned out to be something totally different.
edit on 11/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Yep,

Don't know how many idiots I heard spouting "Free Health Care!"
Even when you tell them,"No. You have to pay for it."
They still say, "But don't you want people to have free health care? What are you? A racist?"

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

badgerprints

Yep,

Don't know how many idiots I heard spouting "Free Health Care!"
Even when you tell them,"No. You have to pay for it."
They still say, "But don't you want people to have free health care? What are you? A racist?"

As someone who works for the NHS in England, I can tell you free health care is not an idiotic idea... Yes we pay a certain amount on national insurance but that's like £30 a month from our pay.. In exchange we get free emergency treatment, free check ups and a general £7 price for all prescriptions (so if you need expensive meds then they are affordable)

This is a system that helps all British citizens, the only reason it is failing is because the government are not pumping enough of our tax into it, they are strangling it so they can pawn it off to private healthcare for a profit.

There are three things we should not make a profit from, emergency services, banking and war.
edit on 22-11-2013 by iRoyalty because: Won't unquote :/

edit on 22-11-2013 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

iRoyalty

As someone who works for the NHS in England, I can tell you free health care is not an idiotic idea... Yes we pay a certain amount on national insurance but that's like £30 a month from our pay.. In exchange we get free emergency treatment, free check ups and a general £7 price for all prescriptions (so if you need expensive meds then they are affordable)

I don't have any problem with a system, properly managed, that provides medical services.

My point is that the Obamacare supporters screamed bloody murder about FREE. They couldn't be bothered to listen when told that it was not free at all.

It costs everybody more and limits our options. Mostly though, it costs middle class taxpayers a LOT more.

Not to mention that the titanic level of waste and corruption actually cuts huge multi-billion dollar chunks out of what used to be spent on healthcare and makes it disappear into the government run aether.

edit on 22-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join