It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite action movie sequence?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

If I may be so bold as to quote Killian Murphy in his role as the Scarecrow:

"Now that's more like it!"

Nice additions and, if I may say, a bit overdue...especially the Termy clip.
Thumbs up all the way!

Time for some more duster goodness.
I left off on Unforgiven...now how about a little "Once upon a time in China & America"...another Jet Li classic:

Enjoy!

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The whole of Matrix Reloaded is an action sequence but the freeway scene is awesome:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good Day,

This evening's topic is The Matrix.
Yes, that chase almost set new industry standards for CGI vehicular action alone. Did enjoy seeing a katana take out an SUV...wasn't expecting that at all.
I thought the whole "flying into to save them" part was a bit too Deus Ex-Machina for me, but other than that, all thumbs. In the Chateau Scene the asian werewolf in white just recently appeared with Keanu in a release called Man of Tai-Chi...it was "meh". He REALLY had to work hard at making Reeves look dangerous.
Reloaded however anything but "meh".
Revolutions? That's a different matter entirely...

-Peace-

edit on 22-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Correction

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Afternoon,

I was distracted yesterday and didn't post the rest of the Clint scenes.
Let's remedy that shall we?

I tried to find the finale of both The Enforcer and The Gauntlet to post but no such luck.
Enjoy anyways!

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Evening,

I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by to add a few more clips for posterities sake.

This first one is called Wanted but truth be told, it wasn't one of my favorite action movies but did feature a number of original scenes which are worth mentioning. Personally, Jolie ruined this movie for me...

www.youtube.com...

Another film by the lead of Wanted was called Welcome to the Punch. It's a gritty UK crime drama and has some gripping moments in it. The writing is decent. The acting was fine and the action was riveting. Hopefully I haven't posted it already...

Next up is a movie for all you Elvis fans out there...no not True Romance. I refer to 3000 miles to Graceland. Pretty epic ending if you ask me...

Let's go Japanese again. The Hunted is one of my favorite Lambert movies. You all can keep the Tommy Lee Jones version...I am taking THIS one. The fight on the bullet train is positively spellbinding...

Finally we end on a final asian oriented movie. The Challenge with Scott Glenn...you remember him from the original Man on Fire posted above. The final deul for the sword is one of the more epic fights in movie history. Samurai vs Boxer...throw in Sho and you have an instant classic. The storming of the enemy fortress occurs at the 10 minute mark of the clip...

Enjoy!

-Peace-
edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Altered Link

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Typos

edit on 24-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Final Typo

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Evening,

I figure I have just enough time to throw a few more clips up. Why not start with the cheesy one?

A lot of people come down on Krull but I think it makes a great rainy Saturday afternoon kinda movie. I can rattle out fifty things that were wrong with it off the top of my head but I liked it anyway. It is also consequently the movie I also love to make fun of the most. I mean...c'MON...tights? I know it was the 80's but seriously...they could have chosen anything but they decided "spandex and swords" was the way to go? I can't watch it and not laugh!

Speaking of unintentionally funny actions scenes, nobody can pull those off like Jackie Chan...

I still think one of his best scenes is the Ladder Fight from First Strike. I wonder how long it took to learn all those moves?

Smokin' Aces had some flaws but it still had some pretty intense action sequences in it...and the best part? You didn't have to put up with Batfleck for very long...

Nothing funny about this guy and only one word needed...Rambo.

Although not exactly a movie, Band of Brothers was an example of theatre level quality on the small screen...

And finally we have Saving Private Ryan. The Omaha landing has to be one of the most nightmarish moments in man's history captured on film.

-Peace on Earth-

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
People have mentioned some of my favs : Heat, The Matrix 1 Aliens, Terminator, Bourne

I would like to submit the following for your consideration

ice skating action

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Afternoon,

There are some nice clips here but I think it's time to add a few more...

I liked this movie from the first time I saw it. The Lone Star state, a Texas Ranger and an army of drug dealers lead by the main protagonist's childhood friend. What's not to like? Wait a minute...is that Deebo there I see?

This next one has many clips available to post but unfortunately most are poorly edited compilations.
All I can say about the scene I DID find was: "Hey...I used to play Dig Dug too!"

Boondock Saints was a decent movie, considering it was written by a bartender. My reason for liking it had more to do with Billy Connelly than anything else. BTW, I love all those "Chicago Reloads"...

Wesley Snipes was bound to make an appearance here eventually. Might as well be me that posts it. Not exactly versatile as an actor but definitely responsible for some remarkable moments in action movie history. I cite Blade 2 as an example...

You don't get much more epic than 300 when it comes to action movies. Sure, it was greenlighted in advance of the Iraq invasion to get Americans all riled up for another war but aside from that, I always liked Frank Miller...

Enjoy!

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Evening,

Just a quick mention since someone already mentioned this movie before. I thought the Jungle Fight deserved a little head's up...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Evening,

Another member pointed out in a recent thread that they felt the latest Wolverine movie was the greatest superhero movie he had ever seen.
I disagreed.
I think that distinction should go to The Watchmen.
Some might argue The Avengers but even with Joss at the helm, the subject matter of Watchmen just appealed to me:

-Peace-
edit on 21-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Altered Link

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One last post for today with perhaps one of the most epic action scenes in movie history.
It's the sequence that introduced Wagner's Die Valkyrie to many cinema fans...

-Peace-
edit on 21-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Altered Link

edit on 21-12-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join