It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Homes Raided In Wisconsin - 29 Conservative Groups Targeted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In Wisconsin the allies of Govener Scott Walker,and conservative groups are being politically intimidated by the left. These people were all involved in Walker's union reforms. All of their actions are happening under the Wisconsin John Doe law so the groups are finding it impossible to defend themselves. The Wisconsin John Doe law requires no probable cause. So they are using subpoenas and raiding homes to GATHER evidence for a crime they have no clue has been committed yet. Just a "hunch"... If that is what you want to call this attack.

John Doe Law:
Unlike normal criminal proceedings, which can be initiated if there is probable cause to believe a person has violated the law, John Doe proceedings help law enforcement develop the evidence necessary to establish the very existence of probable cause

Plus no one is taking the credit for appointing the special prosecuter, Mr. Schmitz. 29 conservative groups have been targeted and the people of at least 3 of these groups have had their homes raided. In these early dawn raids, computers and files were seized. As for the subpoenas? They don't have any specific allegations spelled out.

A big issue is the timing over this, "investigation". Mr walker is up for re-election in 2014. And this marks the second time he has been investigated in less than 4 years. The last investigation only served to damage Gov walker since nothing amounted from it.

In recent weeks, special prosecutor Francis Schmitz has hit dozens of conservative groups with subpoenas demanding documents related to the 2011 and 2012 campaigns to recall Governor Walker and state legislative leaders.

Copies of two subpoenas we've seen demand "all memoranda, email . . . correspondence, and communications" both internally and between the subpoena target and some 29 conservative groups, including Wisconsin and national nonprofits, political vendors and party committees. The groups include the League of American Voters, Wisconsin Family Action, Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce, Americans for Prosperity—Wisconsin, American Crossroads, the Republican Governors Association, Friends of Scott Walker and the Republican Party of Wisconsin.

The kitchen-sink subpoenas deserve skepticism considering their subject and targets. The disclosure of conservative political donors has become a preoccupation of the political left across the country. In the heat of the fight over Governor Walker's reforms, unions urged boycotts of Walker contributors and DemocraticUnderground.com published a list of Walker donors for boycotting. The subpoena demand for the names of donors to nonprofit groups that aren't legally required to disclose them is especially troubling. Readers may recall that the Cincinnati office of the IRS sent the tax-exempt applications of several conservative groups to the ProPublica news website in 2012.

Perhaps the probe will turn up some nefarious activity that warrants this subpoena monsoon and home raids. But in the meantime the effect is to limit political speech by intimidating these groups from participating in the 2014 campaign. Stifling allies of Mr. Walker would be an enormous in-kind contribution to Democrats.

Even if no charges are filed, the subpoenas will have served as a form of speech suppression. Mr. O'Keefe told us that the flurry of subpoenas "froze my communications and frightened many allies and vendors of the pro-taxpayer political movement in Wisconsin and across the country." Even if no one is ever convicted of a crime, he says, "the process is the punishment."

Wisconsin Political Speech Raid

edit on 18-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And it seems there's some tactical points to this.

All paid for by taxpayers too !!

Another reason for skepticism is the probe's timing as Mr. Walker's 2014 re-election campaign looms. This is the second such investigation against Mr. Walker in three and a half years, following one that began in the office of Milwaukee County Democratic District Attorney John Chisholm in spring 2010.

That probe examined whether staffers used government offices for political purposes while Mr. Walker was Milwaukee County Executive, but after three years turned up nothing on Mr. Walker and embarrassingly little else. The final charges included a case of an aide sending campaign emails on county time, two Walker aides stealing money, and charges of child enticement against the domestic partner of a former staffer.

Mr. Walker's Democratic recall opponent, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, nonetheless used the probe against the Governor, saying in a debate that "I have a police department that arrests felons, he has a practice of hiring them."

So it's notable that the new batch of subpoenas began flying just days before Democrat Mary Burke announced her candidacy for Governor. District Attorneys are partisan elected officials in Wisconsin, and Mr. Landgraf works for Mr. Chisholm. Neither of them returned our call for comment

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, yeah, these investigations keep popping up right before the elections.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

elouina
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, yeah, these investigations keep popping up right before the elections.

It looks like they are looking for people who are trying to get around taxes. Some of these organizations are allowed to get involved without losing their tax free status 501(c)(3) organizations are not allowed to get political 501(c)(4) organizations can get involved with politics but only for the promotion of social welfare. If these organizations are lobbying for someone then the contributions made to those organizations are not tax deductible this could be the reason why they want to know who the donors are.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Except that this very same thing was done to these same groups after Walker was elected the first time. This is basically being done under some obscure Wisconsin laws the don't even give the groups being raided the chance to speak on their own behalf.

And this was done before.

It's basically free opposition research on the tax payer dime.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This certainly deserves cross referencing.. Now if you want even more conspiracy here... The other day, I posted this in a thread of mine. A new top secret force is being formed in Wisconsin. Who's to say they aren't trying to entirely destroy all opposing political parties. This could be the start of the "change" we were promised.

According to a solicitation posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website, the Federal Protective Service, a sub-agency of the DHS, intends to hire “armed Protective Security Officer (PSO) services at various locations throughout the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.” “The project will have a requirement for the contractor to have a Top Secret facility clearance by the start of performance,” states the FPS notice.

Obama’s Secret Security Forces Exposed

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The supporting perspective in behalf of the pathological liar in the DESTROYER IN CHIEF role, has 'spoken.'

Obviously, it must be the truth.

LOLOLOLOL.

Sarc.

(post by buster2010 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

BO XIAN

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The supporting perspective in behalf of the pathological liar in the DESTROYER IN CHIEF role, has 'spoken.'

Obviously, it must be the truth.

LOLOLOLOL.

Sarc.

Hahahaha lololololol too funny.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I made this thread a while ago.\ when it looked to me that Scott Walker staff got busted with secret persona software. I wonder if this could be part of it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't see how that john doe law is even real. Is it real?

"A person who has seen one of the Wisconsin search warrants tells us that the warrants were executed based on the request of Dean Nickel, who filed an affidavit for probable cause. Mr. Nickel is a former head of the Wisconsin Department of Justice Public Integrity Unit and has worked as an investigator for the GAB. Mr. Nickel told us he is a contractor for the GAB but wouldn't discuss the John Doe probe."

O.o say wha?

edit on 18-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by elouina

I don't see how that john doe law is even real. Is it real?

Actually I found out even more about the Wisconsin John Doe law when Drudge posted about the same thing. I previously learned about it from an internet search on the law. And I guess this part is how it got its name. This is not due process.

The law, “Bars a subpoena’s targets from disclosing its contents to anyone but his attorneys. John Doe probes work much like a grand jury, allowing prosecutors to issue subpoenas and conduct searches, while the gag orders leave the targets facing the resources of the state with no way to publicly defend themselves.”

Homes raided, subpoenas issued targeting conservative groups and allies of Scott Walker

Oh and this sounds like a fishing expedition:

The kitchen-sink subpoenas deserve skepticism considering their subject and targets.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
New board members up to something?

gab.wi.gov...

Orientation Meeting for New Board Members
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 Agenda
Open/Closed Session
10:00 A.M.

Government Accountability Board Offices
212 East Washington, Third Floor
Madison, Wisconsin

The purpose of the New Board Member Orientation Meeting is solely to introduce Judge Harold
Froehlich and Judge Elsa Lamelas to the policies and operations of the Government Accountability
Board. Judge Timothy Vocke, the Board Chair, will also be in attendance. A quorum will not be
present. No public comment will be accepted and no Board actions will be taken. A portion of the
meeting to inform the new members about matters that are statutorily required to be confidential
will be held in closed session. After convening in closed session, the Board Members may return
to open session to complete the orientation.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

ketsuko

Except that this very same thing was done to these same groups after Walker was elected the first time. This is basically being done under some obscure Wisconsin laws the don't even give the groups being raided the chance to speak on their own behalf.

And this was done before.

It's basically free opposition research on the tax payer dime.

Then the Republicans should do the same thing to the Democrats. If people want corruption out of politics then everything should be out in the open America needs to wake up and realize this fact. When Republicans do something to try to get corruption out of politics the Democrats cry they are violating our rights and it's the same thing when the Democrats try getting rid of corruption Republicans cry about their rights. Everything involved in politics should be open to public inspection if a citizen of this country wants to know every person who donated money to a persons campaign they should be able to do so. This includes organizations that lobbies for politicians.
edit on 19-11-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How crazy that this is the first I've heard of this.
Nothing on the news, etc.

Thank you (s&f) as well as ATS.

Crazy I need to hear about this on ATS!

I promise I'll follow up on this.
I swear.

top topics

join