It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazingly Moral Al Jazerra.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukIf YOUR "brave freedom fighters" kidnaped and Murdered an old woman who was just trying to help your poor people would you want to show the video?

I think you nailed it on the head. It is not good to post things that hurt the "insurgancy" against the imperialistic American Crusaders.

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Then why are they continuing to show the marine "execute" the insurgent?

Becuase that's a war crime.
Deep

I guess you were there Deep. You saw whether "he" was reaching didnt you? Lets wait to hear the whole story..

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I guess you were there Deep. You saw whether "he" was reaching didnt you? Lets wait to hear the whole story..

There are numerous accounts of war crimes. Nonetheless, the video shall suffice; we do see an arm falling after the initial shot, do we not?

Cop-out, it's a simply cop-out.

Deep

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

You also have to remember, these "insurgents" straping bombs to themselves, hiding bombs in dead bodies, and using other "cowardly" tactics, don't have f-14's or tanks rolling around.....

Deep

I agree but if you are doing these things HOW can you bitch if every one of your wounded is shot before being approched? Its like the criminal sueing because he was hurt while robbing you.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Here in the United states we have seen the marine shoot the wounded Iraqi soldier right? Well not exactly here in the states the footage has been edited so as to not be too graphic. Yet, on the Al Jazeera network for a second day in a row they are showing the unedited version nonstop. Ok so that�s their prerogative.

But now Al Jazeera states it will not air the Margaret Hassan Execution video because it would not air any acts of killing outside of war. WTF? If the marine murdered a man that was outside of conflict, as many now allege, then why are they airing footage of that incident. You can�t have it both ways, either the marine shooting the wounded insurgent is fair play of war and you can air it all day long or it happened outside of war and you can�t air it.

Got to love Al Jazeera they just love us Americans

Ballout said the station would not air the video and would not broadcast any acts of killing, outside war. Al-Jazeera has been under pressure not to show videos of kidnapped foreigners

I'm trying to balance your argument.

US news did not show US marine executing an Iraqi.
AJ shows US marine executing an Iraqi.

US media does not show execution of Iraqi woman
AJ does not show execution of Iraqi hostage.

So you object to their taking your stance on the latter. If they show the execution of the woman, then would you endorse the showing in the US media, the execution of the Iraqi by the US marine? I'm for that.

[edit on 11/18/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Using your logic: we should pardon U.S. killings of innocent civilians becuase the terrorists we came to 'liberate' them from are doing so aswell? The U.S. (though Bush has been trying to immunize Americans from war-crimes) is party to such accords, and as an act of 'good will', would do best to partake in such accords. They already broke many resolutions invading the country over dubious pre-texts, and the onslaught of insurgence we see is a DIRECT result of that.

Alright Deep what innocent civilians has the US killed? Are you refering to the ones who died in war? If so then you point to another war where innocents did not die. Otherwise I want proof of this outlandish claim.

How short our memory is. Saddam had three UN resolutions that he broke all of which allowed for use of force as punishment.

We have only a 'handfull' of accounts of warcrimes being commited by the U.S. soldiers in fallujah, but, we have "thousands" of pictures of that prison scandal to suffice as to what urban war fare in a prison can manifest..

deoxy.org...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.counterpunch.org...

Yes, granted that insurgents and terrorists are killing innocents, but, remember, this is only war fair warranted to them; This is a clash of those fighting for thier own democracy (not the puppet DeMOCKracy), and ability to self-determination, and terrorists cells (Al-Qeada and such) stiring the pot and taking advantage of the situation.

So what you are saying is that the terrorists are the real liberators and America is the great evil? I guess I know what side of the isle your on.

You invaded a country, innocent country, and they want you OUT; they will do anything in thier power to do so. Would you not? Sure, you can NOW say that you shall never revert to killing said person, but when thrown into that society, a society that is not as advanced in every realm as our own, how else can you ?

Really they want us out? Then explain the thousands on this blog site that praise the US.

www.justinalexander.net...

There are those who fight the illegal invasion through passive diplomatic means, and then there are those who fight with agressive militant measures. Both know this was an UNJUST war, as does most of the world.

Unjust to who? Unjust to the women raped and tortured in Saddams rape rooms? Unjust to the people who had their limbs lopped off for speaking out? Unfair to the millions in mass graves? Unfair to the children in the Child torture chamber?

Deep just who is it unfair to?

What I can say is that I have learned quite a bit about you Deep and it disgusts me. You sound just like those islamo facist wacko's calling America Evil while the resistance is freedom fighters.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I'm trying to balance your argument.

US news did not show US marine executing an Iraqi.
AJ shows US marine executing an Iraqi.

US media does not show execution of Iraqi woman
AJ does not show execution of Iraqi hostage.

So you object to their taking your stance on the latter. If they show the execution of the woman, then would you endorse the showing in the US media, the execution of the Iraqi by the US marine? I'm for that.

American media could not show the video because Al Jazeera did not release it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No arab countries have a real democracy. Islam doens't allow it. The terrorists in Iraq are fighting just to kill Americans. Why would a foreigner go to Iraq to help the Iraqis setup a democracy? They aren't, they are only going to kill Americans and terrorize.

Also there are actually Iraqis fighting the Americans because they want a dictatorship like Iran has but they aren't gaining ground they are only continuing the suffering of their own people the Iraqis.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The Marine who finished off that insurgent deserves our applause, not condemnation. I would have done the same in the same circumstances, and I would dare to say that most vets here would agree.

So the Muslim world is outraged by infidel boots desecrating their mosques? By killing taking place within mosques? How about sniper fire from those same mosques being directed against our troops? This "sacred turf" garbage is just being used as an excuse to generate negative PR.....the cowards hide in mosques and fire upon us, and expect impunity.....the hell with them! The hell with the mosques being thought of as some kind of stupid sacred ground...the MF'ers shoot at us from them, they get destroyed and the bastard terrorist MF'ers involved get killed.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.......any arguments?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join