It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail In Obamacare Coffin - Whitehouse Projected 156 Million More To Lose Insurance Plans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

gariac

The GUT

gariac
Get a grip on reality. Your insurance plan changes every year. Nobody keeps the same plan if by that you mean the same exact benefits. I get a freakin' book every year from Blue Shield.

Just look at dental insurance industry, something
not effected by the ACA. Doctors are dropped and added all the time.

And you just thought you were a loser then, welcome to the new and improved screw job.

English please. My insurance hasn't changed a bit.

Those people who have had their plans changed are not losers. Their plans were so bad that it was not like having health insurance. So when the fecal matter hit the fan, they went bankrupt. Or they went to the ER. I'm tired of all these leaches who don't practice individual responsibility. I pay a 0.5% sale tax to ONE hospital to keep a trauma center open. Hospitals cannot turn away patients. They pass the cost on to people who can pay.

So let the leaches whine that they have to get real insurance. I don't care if they have to pay a little more. I am tired of supporting these cheap people.

Pay a little more? You have to be joking when you say this. Are you not reading the news? Plus peoples deductibles are going up tremendously! They will be paying even more if a catastrophe hits. Egads, you are still believing what you want to believe vs. the facts.

So you didn't lose your insurance, YET. 7 out of 10 will. I guess when you have your very own sob story similar to Jessica's we will never hear about it will we?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

You most be a lucky fellow, because even my husband insurance that falls under the government subsidized one for the military retirees and active duty, has double since October of last year, along with our deductibles, to keep increasing under ACA for the next 5 years in order to force the retirees and military active duty out of the government insurance and into the ACA exchange, even the military times wrote an article of what is been heading our way very soon. And by the way our insurance have not change at all when it comes to coverage, we are just paying more and some people can not longer get the same amount of providers that they used to have before as many doctors are dropping medicare and Medicaid patients along with Tricare Humana for retirees since ACA

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

You most be a lucky fellow, because even my husband insurance that falls under the government subsidized one for the military retirees and active duty, has double since October of last year, along with our deductibles, to keep increasing under ACA for the next 5 years in order to force the retirees and military active duty out of the government insurance and into the ACA exchange, even the military times wrote an article of what is been heading our way very soon. And by the way our insurance have not change at all when it comes to coverage, we are just paying more and some people can not longer get the same amount of providers that they used to have before as many doctors are dropping medicare and Medicaid patients along with Tricare Humana for retirees since ACA

The name stays the same, the plan changes every year. I guarantee it. You get a booklet covering the changes by law since it is a legal contract.

No luck involved. I pay for the PPO out of my own pocket. The insurance has trippled over the last decade, though it has slowed in the last two years thanks to the ACA. The insurance rate has increased with medical costs. Ask any finance person about the rule of 7. Basically a 7% increase over a decade is a factor of two. Health care has increased faster than 7%. To triple in a decade is about 12%.

Rant all you want. Most people are quite happy with the ACA.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

elouina

gariac

The GUT

gariac
Get a grip on reality. Your insurance plan changes every year. Nobody keeps the same plan if by that you mean the same exact benefits. I get a freakin' book every year from Blue Shield.

Just look at dental insurance industry, something
not effected by the ACA. Doctors are dropped and added all the time.

And you just thought you were a loser then, welcome to the new and improved screw job.

Those people who have had their plans changed are not losers. Their plans were so bad that it was not like having health insurance. So when the fecal matter hit the fan, they went bankrupt. Or they went to the ER. I'm tired of all these leaches who don't practice individual responsibility. I pay a 0.5% sale tax to ONE hospital to keep a trauma center open. Hospitals cannot turn away patients. They pass the cost on to people who can pay.

So let the leaches whine that they have to get real insurance. I don't care if they have to pay a little more. I am tired of supporting these cheap people.

Pay a little more? You have to be joking when you say this. Are you not reading the news? Plus peoples deductibles are going up tremendously! They will be paying even more if a catastrophe hits. Egads, you are still believing what you want to believe vs. the facts.

So you didn't lose your insurance, YET. 7 out of 10 will. I guess when you have your very own sob story similar to Jessica's we will never hear about it will we?

People were paying for what was insurance on paper. Those plans covered nothing. Some were limited to two doctor's visits a year.

Here is the plan. If 70% of the people lose their insurance, the GOP can run on killing the ACA. It is called winning elections. You have a plan, you win. You run some clown with money hidden in Swiss banks, you lose. It is as simple as that.

The GOP has voted on repealing the ACA 44 times, yet they lose seats. Keep it up guys.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
as we see this growing debacle of 'affordable healthcare'...the large number whos insurance plans seem to be on the chopping block and those that know they cant afford insurance anymore and those that will get new plans that will be subsidized by the govt, ie the taxpayer,.....how many are just gunna say f*** it! accept the small first year fine...err, i meant .."tax"..and can the govt come after you for not having insurance?? like they do for tax evasion?

how many are gunna stand up and say "NO"..and what will this do to the ...system? will people go to jail because they dont have insurance? or will it be that they go to jail because a judgement was placed against them for not paying a court ordered....fine..a fine that resulted from not paying for insurance?.....contempt of court..and now go to jail...

the web just got alot stickier....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

gariac

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

The name stays the same, the plan changes every year. I guarantee it. You get a booklet covering the changes by law since it is a legal contract.

No luck involved. I pay for the PPO out of my own pocket. The insurance has trippled over the last decade, though it has slowed in the last two years thanks to the ACA. The insurance rate has increased with medical costs. Ask any finance person about the rule of 7. Basically a 7% increase over a decade is a factor of two. Health care has increased faster than 7%. To triple in a decade is about 12%.

Well, then, you say that you will not be losing your insurance plan via Obamacare. But you admit that your plan changes every year. So going by the Obamacare grandfathering clause, you WILL be losing your plan. Some companies are just a bit behind and folks will get temporary extensions for 3 months after they get their letters. Yours could have even got lost in the mail. May I be the first to welcome you to Obamacare.

PS. I did get my letter and it states that I do to to keep mine, FOR NOW. We all know what is coming up in 2014.
But then again ours is a union plan. My plan book has been in my possession for >15 years by the way. Every time I call asking for an update they tell me to use the same old book.

edit on 18-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

elouina

gariac

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

Well, then, you say that you will not be losing your insurance plan via Obamacare. But you admit that your plan changes every year. So going by the Obamacare grandfathering clause, you WILL be losing your plan. Some companies are just a bit behind and folks will get temporary extensions for 3 months after they get their letters. Yours could have even got lost in the mail. May I be the first to welcome you to Obamacare.

By the definition of the ACA, I will not be losing my plan. I already have this year's boilerplate of changes to the plan whose name has not changed. I get a boilerplate every year with changes to the plan whose name doesn't change.

The enclosed letter says I am grandfathered into the plan whose name stays the same but changes every year. I have the option to go onto the exchange. When the dust settles, I will see how the exchange is working then decide if I want to leave my present plan. I laugh at $3 copays. Mine are $40.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

gariac

English please! Or even, Espanol, Por Favor! Try and make sense...your "individual responsibility" notion has been hijacked and you've been somehow hypnotized into talking utter nonsense and don't realize that YOU are carrying a MUCH heavier load than ever.

At the count of three you will wake up...1...2...3!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
For most young people,. paying the fine , and going to a doctor when needed , will be cheaper than the deductibles offered. Of course this will not work. Already reports that people signing on the exchanges are people with medical conditions .

This was designed to fail and steal from us at the same time.

I have to say this has to be the biggest grand daddy scheme passed in the USA EVER.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

gariac

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

Let's look at the years before Obamacare and your Claim the People ( I don't Know Who or Where YOU Found Them ) are Happy with ACA.

In 2011, U.S. health care employed 15.7 percent (21 million people) of the workforce, with expenditures of $2.7 trillion, doubling since 1980 as a percentage of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) to 17.9 percent.
Between 2000 and 2010, health care increased faster than any other industry (2.9 percent/year) but trailed government (3.3%/year); health's proportion of GDP doubled between 1980 and 2011. Government funding increased from 31 percent in 1980 to 42 percent in 2011. Costs have tripled in real terms over the past 2 decades. However, the average rate of increase has declined consistently since the mid-1970s and sharply over the last decade.

Now Before Obamacare and getting your Price Quotes from the ACA.

Personal out-of-pocket spending on insurance premiums and co-payments have declined from 23 percent to 11 percent since 1980.

www.eurekalert.org...
Did you know?

Deficits fell in 2013 because President Obama and Congress raised taxes on all Americans,

Didn't think you did.

Total spending has exploded by 40 percent since 2002, even after inflation. Some programs have grown far in excess of that. Defense, however, has been slashed. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare are so large and growing that they are on track to overwhelm the federal budget.

Obamacare will add $1.8 trillion to federal health care spending by 2023. By 2015, health care spending will overtake Social Security as the largest budget item, including Obamacare’s coverage expansion provisions: a massive expansion of Medicaid and subsidies for the new health insurance exchanges.

www.heritage.org...
Some one has to pay for this and Obama has decided WHO, The American Tax payer and a Higher Healthcare Premium.
Bowie State administrators say they canceled students' health insurance plans due to new Affordable Care Act regulations.

campusreform.org...
Their Premiums are going to be Higher, But your OK with that and according to You, they are too.
edit on 19-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I was at a local hospital today to pick up a friend and overheard a doctor on his cell phone discussing his ability to go forward with a procedure because his admins were unable to submit insurance paperwork "yet".

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is a very simple solution to all of this.
Don't buy the damn insurance. Simple as that.

If EVERYONE simply declined, what would they do? What COULD they do?
Nothing.
They would be forced to admit they're little more than a bunch of idiots.

Honestly, threads like this one just stoke the fires of divide controversies that keep people subjugated to this complete FARCE of a "two-party" system.

Simple solution to all of the political and executive problems: just stop playing their damn game.

I did.

Working so far.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
btw- wth can't we, as a country, simply have tiered insurance? Tier One service would be subsidized and basically "free". Same for screening...maybe have screening mandatory to keep costs down and health up. Remove ER service as a doctor's office, for coughs and cuts.

If you are employed, and WANT fancy healthcare/insurance, take out a paid policy, a second tier. This tier should be offered on a free-market basis. Hospitals and HMOs should devise new business models which are competitive amongst each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

I am a libertarian and have zero problems with the idea of socialized medicine.

I think health care should fall under one of Gov's very, very limited responsibilities in that we employ them to protect us. Protection should include basic medical service, free of charge.

Its one of a few things our NUMEROUS nonsensical taxes should go to.

All you should have to do is show freakin' proof of citizenship to get all the care you need.

Unfortunately our taxes go to pie in the sky defense military projects that you and I will never see because the idiots at the DOD are a bunch of paranoid weirdos, among many other useless appropriations.

It is beyond time people put their collective foot down.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

guohua

gariac

marg6043
reply to post by gariac

Let's look at the years before Obamacare and your Claim the People ( I don't Know Who or Where YOU Found Them ) are Happy with ACA.

In 2011, U.S. health care employed 15.7 percent (21 million people) of the workforce, with expenditures of $2.7 trillion, doubling since 1980 as a percentage of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) to 17.9 percent.
Between 2000 and 2010, health care increased faster than any other industry (2.9 percent/year) but trailed government (3.3%/year); health's proportion of GDP doubled between 1980 and 2011. Government funding increased from 31 percent in 1980 to 42 percent in 2011. Costs have tripled in real terms over the past 2 decades. However, the average rate of increase has declined consistently since the mid-1970s and sharply over the last decade.

Now Before Obamacare and getting your Price Quotes from the ACA.

Personal out-of-pocket spending on insurance premiums and co-payments have declined from 23 percent to 11 percent since 1980.

www.eurekalert.org...
Did you know?

Deficits fell in 2013 because President Obama and Congress raised taxes on all Americans,

Didn't think you did.

Total spending has exploded by 40 percent since 2002, even after inflation. Some programs have grown far in excess of that. Defense, however, has been slashed. Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare are so large and growing that they are on track to overwhelm the federal budget.

Obamacare will add $1.8 trillion to federal health care spending by 2023. By 2015, health care spending will overtake Social Security as the largest budget item, including Obamacare’s coverage expansion provisions: a massive expansion of Medicaid and subsidies for the new health insurance exchanges.

www.heritage.org...
Some one has to pay for this and Obama has decided WHO, The American Tax payer and a Higher Healthcare Premium.
Bowie State administrators say they canceled students' health insurance plans due to new Affordable Care Act regulations.

campusreform.org...
Their Premiums are going to be Higher, But your OK with that and according to You, they are too.
edit on 19-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

How quickly they forger George W. Bush's prescription addition to medicare, which was TOTALLY unfunded. Hence government spending went up. How could it not go up?

I complained to both my senators that the plan was not funded. They voted for it anyway. You want a politician that does paygo? That would be Bill Clinton. And in modern times, that would only be Bill Clinton.

I wanted single payer. I wanted Medicare for all. However the ACA is fine. I take care of myself, and you know what, I live in a country that takes care of its own too. You want to let someone die due to lack of healthcare. Fine. My morals are higher. I don't mind subsidizing the health care of the sick. Do you know why? Because if I don't use all the money I put into healthcare, someone who is very sick got treatment.

What I want to do is have a system where everyone contributes, rather than the majority paying the freight for a bunch of freeloaders.

When that freeloading college student gets hit by a bus, they better hope whoever hit them has money. Otherwise they will be saddled with debt, and BK is much harder these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It amazes me that so many people cannot see the forest for the trees.

No, the ACA is not fine.
Socialized medicine for a nation should be FREE of charge. Period.
Anything less is unacceptable.

The ignorant argument then becomes, "well, then you drive down the wages available to our health care providers".
Yes, this is correct, but it fails to address ONE SINGLE PROBLEM.
It is simply a shift. A "redistribution of wealth". (Obama truly is the most transparent of them all. He is a communist).

This can be viewed as a microcosim of our entire economical situation.
The ONLY way to make the system work is to drastically reduce the tax burden on the citizen, thereby enabling the citizen to spend his damn money.

This socialized medical plan is nothing more than a cronyism tax that redistributes wealth to insurance executives and makes the overall picture worse, as I will ultimately have even less money to spend, if I choose to participate. Which I will not. I will also adjust my W4 and no longer receive a damn return.

So just try and get your damn money from me, Obama. Whatcha gonna do? Throw me in jail?

These idiot apologists wouldn't see the forest even when people start getting locked up for being poor.
Its sickening.

I'm a starving libertarian.
Go figure.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Obamacare and its regulations consist of over 33,000 pages of legal text; no one can fault you for not knowing all its implications.

When your plan changes next year, as you confidently declared happens every year, it will no longer meet the requirements of the grandfather clause. The clause was written to basically nullify itself after a year. The employer mandate was also delayed for a year (and that was before the abysmal failure of the state exchanges/healthcare.gov).

This means most Americans will not experience the cancelled plans and skyrocketing premiums until after the mid-term elections -- what a coincidence!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
At some point, he will burden us with so much, we will have no choice but to either stand up and fight for our future or become enslaved to it. How much more Will it take?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by gariac

Obamacare and its regulations consist of over 33,000 pages of legal text; no one can fault you for not knowing all its implications.

When your plan changes next year, as you confidently declared happens every year, it will no longer meet the requirements of the grandfather clause. The clause was written to basically nullify itself after a year. The employer mandate was also delayed for a year (and that was before the abysmal failure of the state exchanges/healthcare.gov).

This means most Americans will not experience the cancelled plans and skyrocketing premiums until after the mid-term elections -- what a coincidence!

And just how do you know the plan will not meet the ACA? Are you psychic? Remote viewer? Or do you just make up your own facts?

I have an individual plan. They make good money off of me. Trust me, they are not going to make a PPO not meet the ACA. We're not talking HMO, but PPO. Worse comes to worse, my present doctors become out of network. More paperwork and higher fees, but I do what I want and pay for that privilege.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

JayinAR
It amazes me that so many people cannot see the forest for the trees.

No, the ACA is not fine.
Socialized medicine for a nation should be FREE of charge. Period.
Anything less is unacceptable.

The ignorant argument then becomes, "well, then you drive down the wages available to our health care providers".
Yes, this is correct, but it fails to address ONE SINGLE PROBLEM.
It is simply a shift. A "redistribution of wealth". (Obama truly is the most transparent of them all. He is a communist).

This can be viewed as a microcosim of our entire economical situation.
The ONLY way to make the system work is to drastically reduce the tax burden on the citizen, thereby enabling the citizen to spend his damn money.

This socialized medical plan is nothing more than a cronyism tax that redistributes wealth to insurance executives and makes the overall picture worse, as I will ultimately have even less money to spend, if I choose to participate. Which I will not. I will also adjust my W4 and no longer receive a damn return.

So just try and get your damn money from me, Obama. Whatcha gonna do? Throw me in jail?

These idiot apologists wouldn't see the forest even when people start getting locked up for being poor.
Its sickening.

I'm a starving libertarian.
Go figure.

There is no way to enforce the penalty. Read the law. Just make sure you don't leave money with the IRS. That can take money from your return, but if you own them money, just deduct the fee.

Oh, and if you get hit by a bus, please tell me you have $250k of cash laying around for treatment. Please tell me you will not be a leach upon society, which is the Libertarian way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join