It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party activist says his rally will send Obama to Iran and usher in new right-wing government

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Operations
I hope this rally gets a ton of media attention. Maybe then people will see the Tea Party for what it really is.

Let's compare the majority of the members of the Tea Party to a small spoiled child:

Willing to throw a tantrum to try to get what they want - Check

Can't compromise to reach an agreement that doesn't give them 100% of what they want - Check

Inability to have respectful dialogue with those they disagree with - Check

Delusions of the future based only on self-centered motives - Check

Belief that everyone agrees with them and exists to give them what they want - Check

Feelings they are owed something - Check

Think that they are always correct and only they know what's right - Check

People already have a pretty good idea where the Tea Party is coming from, hopefully more of these kinds of rallies really drive the point home. I wish someone would tell them to grow up, put on their big boy pants, and join us in the adult world. No, the government isn't perfect, but throwing a tantrum isn't going to get them what they want. I think it will have the opposite effect.

Wow it's funny that everything you describe in this post applies to Obama more than it does tea partiers. When is Obama gonna put his big boy pants on and join the rest of the world.
edit on 19-11-2013 by DonVoigt because: misspell

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Everyone of you has described the Tea Party just as the Main Stream Media has instructed/brainwashed you to. Mr. Spad could be Tom Brokaw or Scott Pelley describing the Tea Party.

I saw no indication of anyone asking the Tea Party directly or any of its members about the rally. Just vitriol and animosity from the detractors in this thread.

Give me a break!!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

FlyersFan

MrSpad
I have to wonder why the Tea Party lets so many nutters speak in their name.

Every group has nutters. The Tea Party has Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin. The left has Alec Baldwin, Rachel Maddow and their ilk. The Republicans have John McCain and Rush Limbaugh, etc. All nutty. All have freedom of speech.

Why pretend that the TP isn't really just a faction of the GOP? Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman are in fact Republicans. All of the members of the Tea Party Caucus are Republicans.

For the sake of argument, if we treat them as 3 distinct groups, one of the principle differences is that while "every group has nutters," the TP actively seeks to have theirs elected to office.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

NightFlight
Everyone of you has described the Tea Party just as the Main Stream Media has instructed/brainwashed you to. Mr. Spad could be Tom Brokaw or Scott Pelley describing the Tea Party.

I saw no indication of anyone asking the Tea Party directly or any of its members about the rally. Just vitriol and animosity from the detractors in this thread.

Give me a break!!

But of course, it's those evil liberals in the MSM. Here's some MAINSTREAM coverage of the TP:

Welcome to FOXNews' Anti-Tax Tea Party Coverage

Just as 18th century decrees by the British drew outrage from American colonists, several acts of modern U.S. government intervention have stirred similar upheaval by taxpayers across the land.

FOX News will have all the details leading right up to April 15 tax day -- from links to tea parties in you area to live reports from the scenes, analyses from the FOX Forum and FOXNews.com's own series on the tea party phenomenon.

It's just terrible how this group has been persecuted!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Operations
I hope this rally gets a ton of media attention. Maybe then people will see the Tea Party for what it really is.

Let's compare the majority of the members of the Tea Party to a small spoiled child:

Can't compromise to reach an agreement that doesn't give them 100% of what they want - Check

Belief that everyone agrees with them and exists to give them what they want - Check

People already have a pretty good idea where the Tea Party is coming from, hopefully more of these kinds of rallies really drive the point home. I wish someone would tell them to grow up, put on their big boy pants, and join us in the adult world. No, the government isn't perfect, but throwing a tantrum isn't going to get them what they want. I think it will have the opposite effect.

LOL. All of those "checks" described the current administration and the democrats perfectly and misrepresented the goals of the Tea Party for the most part.

Feeling they are "owed something?" Nope it is the entitlement minded progressives who feel they are owned something. Tea Party types just want not to be taxed to death.

Always correct and only know what is right? Sounds like the leftwing progressives to me.

"Delusions of the future based only on self-centered motives." What is more self centered? Wanting to keep what you have earned or wanting to take form someone else what he earned? Sounds like the progressive left are the selfish ones.

"Inability to have respectful dialogue with those they disagree with" You mean like the leftist commentator who said that Sarah Palin should be defecated on?

"Willing to throw a tantrum to try to get what they want" Like spending more money to shut down parks than it would have cost just to keep them open? Sounds like an Obama tantrum to me.

"Can't compromise to reach an agreement that doesn't give them 100% of what they want " Like Obama rejecting 16 proposed partial funding bills because he refused to compromise and accept only part of what he wanted and would only accept his full agenda or nothing?

LOL. Hypocrite much?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

NightFlight

Give me a break!!

No they are not judged by what the MSM says but rather by the signs they hold up at rally's and the fact that a good majority of them don't know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to law or American history.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So all of a sudden when Americans want to protest its a bad thing but when illegals do it it's their right?

No wonder this country is messed up, only protesters that the left agree with is ok but when the right do it it's wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's the thing, and I'm not mocking when I say it. I know some people who consider themselves a part of the tea Party Movement. They are pretty normal people. Maybe a little over obsessed with politics, but to each their own hobbies I suppose. The point being, they are not much different than anyone else.

The politicians who have run under the Tea Party platform, however, are very much shining examples of the various unflattering names they have been called. When I hear Cruz, Bachmann, or Palin speak, the psychobabble coming out of their respective mouths is not that of the every day people I know personally who support the Tea Party.

These people, who have no vested interest in whether they cause a government shutdown, are no better than any democrat who has chosen to take the my way or the highway approach to governing.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I just love your circular logic - using a fringe main stream media to bolster the main stream media.

Some of the interviews, if not scripted beforehand, I believe they were rehearsed. I'm not taking sides with or against the Tea Party, I'm an independent voter and really I have no dog in this hunt. If I were you (which obviously I'm not) I would, at the top of my post, indicate that I have an agenda and that I have taken the side that is against the OP. Much of what you and the other posters state is convoluted at best and down right lies at worst. You and the others attack the OP, and not the content of his or her's opinion and/or attack the subject of the OP without any research. If you want to attack me, bring it on - I'm a big boy.

Since I'm ranting, I'll go on and say it - both of you are shills. If it looks like a duck...

edit on 19-11-2013 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Everyone should have the right to protest or hold a rally. I would and do fight for to maintain/restore that right not just for my own but for all. I agree that Obama is a bad President I just don't agree with the Tea Party on why he is a bad President and to be honest I think Obama would fall in favor with the TP but doesn't simply because of the letter after his name and the color of his skin.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Operations

This looks like a check list for ANY political party.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

FlyersFan

MrSpad
I have to wonder why the Tea Party lets so many nutters speak in their name.

Every group has nutters. The Tea Party has Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin. The left has Alec Baldwin, Rachel Maddow and their ilk. The Republicans have John McCain and Rush Limbaugh, etc. All nutty. All have freedom of speech.

And who does the real left Occupy have? If the TP can fix the republican party, then why cant Occupy fix the democrat party? Heck why do we all jump on the D and R bandwagon rather than split up into the many parties that exist?

I saw Gary Johnson at one of the Occupy protests and he is for a very small government. That should tell people something. Its not really about the size of the government, its about being liberal, progressive conservative on individual issues, rather than the same on all issues. People dont have to be cookie molded like they are now.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
LOL Why send him to Iran!?!? LOL These Tea Party Nutcases are just masters of crazy. And they wonder why people think they are nutcases. Go head and voice your opinion! Make it evident that you are off your meds and mad about a two time duly elected president. Hey, I got something that is REALLY going to make you mad. I'm going to vote for Obama again in 2016 once he suspends the term limits so he can run again!! LOL!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Oh no!! Don't use the R-Word!!! They will get upset about that! Their objections about his hue has nothing to do with them forming the Tea Party in the first place! LOL It's the out of control spending in Washington!! lol

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

thesaneone
So all of a sudden when Americans want to protest its a bad thing but when illegals do it it's their right?

No wonder this country is messed up, only protesters that the left agree with is ok but when the right do it it's wrong.
If you're a tea partier, you're not exactly doing your party any good when you make posts like this in response to people calling you crazy.

Also, you're more than free to bring up proof that people in this thread said illegals are ok in protesting and tea partiers aren't because right now, you're no different than the Obama supporters who bring up something Bush did in any thread that criticizes Obama. Or a liberal who brings up a conservative in a thread criticizing a liberal. Or a conservative bringing up a liberal in a thread about conservative. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

ATS really needs to do something about these garbage posts.
edit on 20-11-2013 by technical difficulties because: reworded.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
WOW! This is very enlightening.
I've attended a few TEA party rallies.
I've attended a few Republican rallies.
I've attended a few Constitution party rallies.
I've attended a whole mess of Democrat rallies.
I'm an independent so I have to listen to all of them.
I find people with fine, workable ideas in all parties. I've worked on solving political issues with members of all those parties.
My parents taught me to give everyone a fair hearing, then use my critical thinking skills. In looking back, the times that I made some of my biggest mistakes were the times I failed to listen and think critically.
Of course every party has its share of "nutters", doesn't every community, or for that matter, every family have its share of "nutters" and squawkers? But we generally don't go all ballistic and name-calling when the family nutter starts talking about whatever...or do we?
Does the media share in the blame for the current atmosphere? You betcha! The egos in media are equal to if not greater than, the politicians and would-be politicians.
I don't have all the answers to the problems we're facing but I'm pretty sure that throwing insults around on forums doesn't get us any closer to solutions.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
We don't need no more right wingers. We don't need anymore left wingers. Can't we just get normal people, who have common sense and common decency? Is that so much to ask??

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Wow it's funny that everything you describe in this post applies to Obama more than it does tea partiers. When is Obama gonna put his big boy pants on and join the rest of the world.

oh the rest of the world? The rest of the world shares the sentiments of the tea party? Anti-public healthcare, anti-choice, anti-gay? This is the rest of the world right? Anti science? The rest of the world shares these sentiments with the tea parties? Maybe the third world does, you're probably correct on that. I mean Somalia has an excellent free market system, and Uganda is not so gay friendly. Hey, many of them are anti-choice too. Why don't the tea parties do us all a favor and join them? You can join em' too. Take your big boy pants with you too will ya!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

A new right wing government? What kind of right wing government? A Christian Theocracy like what the religious right are advocating? Then I fear the future of America and her people
edit on 1-1-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Thats odd...I have never joined a union yet I have great health insurance, great wage, 2 401ks, and profit sharing. And I never had to throw a fit or strongarm a private business owner to get all that.

Oddly enough there is a union for my position but I figured hard work was a way easier route.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join