It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Old Testament God is a Bumbling, Primitive, Idiot?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Charles:

It's possible that nothing I just said made any sense to you. I'd truly like to be of help to you, but I don't know how.

AfterInfinity:

I don't need your pity, or your respect. I just wish people would care as much about this world as they did about the next.

hmmmm....

charles said: 'i'd truly like to be of help'.

ai said: 'I don't need your pity, or your respect.'

Disconnecting in five, four, thr

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Let me ask a question. Assume (Crazy, I know) that God has announced that He will appear at such and such a place, at a given time. He has announced the He will appear in His real essence, as He actually is. Not in flesh or other disguise like a burning bush. The ATS Foundation gives you unlimited funds to cover this and get proof of God.

What instruments do you bring?

Everything.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

wildtimes

Huh. So you DO know what I'm looking for.

What?
You want an actual maths-and-chemistry-and-physics explanation before you would believe in 'other' beings -- wait...not 'beings'; rather 'forces' -- than what we see APPARENT here on earth?

Okay. I get it now.
thx

edit on 11/26/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

@wildtimes

Don't you remember, it's all biology.

I'm wondering, was the planet earth here before AI was born? Yes, by the mere virtue of me being here before AI. And did the planet exist before me? Yes, by the mere virtue of you being here before me.

But the universe doesn't exist because we believe it to exist, it just does, including the visible and invisible forces and energies permeating throughout it.

So, God as the ALL, the ONE, the SUPREME doesn't need us to exist, any more than the deepest empty spaces that will never be filled.

Do people believe the invisible parts of the universe to exist? Yes, they most certainly do, and maybe God qualifies as the invisible parts.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Scientific examination is taboo here. Sorry for the mistake.

DUDE!

What???

No, scientific examination is NOT taboo here.
(aside: My! So defensive today!)
There are things recently discovered by physics theory that have made us aware that THERE ARE THINGS WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT PHYSICS.

I've talked about Quantum Mechs/Physcs before. In my mind, they are providing an opening into what we weren't previously aware of....which broadens the horizon exponentially. Kinda like learning another language: one's perception is widened....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah. I think I'm gonna duck out too. I thought I'd get answers here, but not even you are being helpful. You guys wanna talk about how much you agree with each other and sucking up to a god you know nothing about, go right ahead. I've been thinking I should quit the religious forums and stick to atheism anyway. It's not like these thread have done me any good.

See you around.
edit on 26-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

But the universe doesn't exist because we believe it to exist, it just does

Yes, I agree

including the visible and invisible forces and energies permeating throughout it.

Some quantumphiles (heh, I just made that term up) think that perhaps the findings support the Eastern thought of 'the observer being the instrument, the observed entirely dependent on the observation thereof.' You know, the "it's all an illusion" thinkers.

Other 'quantumphiles' (heh) think quantum is evidential regarding how our consciousness is connected to the universe, infinitely, and its inherent existence.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You guys wanna talk about how much you agree with each other and sucking up to a god you know nothing about, go right ahead. I've been thinking I should quit the religious forums and stick to atheism anyway. It's not like these thread have done me any good.

See you around.

Hey! hey! heyhey.....slow down.
:

Honestly, I don't know what is bothering you today. I feel 'bothered' in the air, however. Here and in 'real life'. (My birthday was a full moon....9 days ago. I've felt 'bothered' ever since.)

I'm not sucking up to anyone or anything, and I really don't think you're seeing what you're typing before you push 'go'.

Well. The 'holidays' (God save us all from capitalistic holidays!) are upon us. This is a particularly difficult time of year for MOST Americans lately, I'd venture to say. The 'holiday season' is a drain on energy, thought, self-esteem (what do I get them?), erm...money, and perhaps most importantly, SUNLIGHT. But, moon and sun aside,

Yeah. We all have our 'situations' to endure here in the next few weeks...let's not take it out on each other, though. mk?

edit on 11/26/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
windword
reply to post by vethumanbeing

windword
The universe, our universe, is pretty old, and the earth is pretty old too. Humanity represents the tiniest blip of time, in comparison to the age of the universe. Perhaps the message has been sent, but hasn't yet arrived, or the message arrived, but the answer isn't forthcoming.

Yes brave soul it is very old for the human living in linear time, its an eyeblink actually if to be percieved as a being that transverses 'human time'. Out there everything happens at the same time (very confusing). Here is a funny thing, like a movie studio "edit" room this time can be manipulated, or inserts of false architypes spliced into the human timeline. Once this was made aware (broken rules) it had to stop and Im speaking of the heavy muddy architypes of "the ugly revenge karmic wheel" (THIS WAS HUGE ONE) as everytime you encarnate you are either exacting upon another a payback from the past life or suffering one from your bad deed). How this all started is beyond me but it had to stop. Jesus was supposed to quell this "He was the lamb as metaphor to be sacrificed for ALL HUMAN SIN to stop the karma". It didnt stick something went wrong with the metaphysics (was it because it didnt happen on sacred ground)? The point of the exercise was Boss God as Jesus testing those underlings so unbeknownst to them, and at the same time changing the world with an IDEA; this was a perfect CIA/ MI5 style operation. You may ask if Jesus was infact the prime creator in flesh and bone why did It allow things to unfold the way they did. He knew it in advance and planned the entire thing; the only problem was that as a human could not be both AT ONCE and had to trust in the plan IT created. I dont expect anyone to swallow this fish tale but it remains my truth and defines why Im here.
edit on 26-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wildtimes

AfterInfinity Then how in the world do you expect us to take you seriously?!?!

wildtimes
Wait, AftIn...
did you think he meant he doesn't think "God" exists when he said he didn't "think one" (a definition) "can exist"?
I didn't read it that way at all.
I read: there is no scientific definition of God that I believe to exist.

Actually the closest 'science' has come to entertaining a 'godform' would be "Intelligent Design" so, its out there as a theory (at least); and not being a hard science type of person is at least for the hard headed a step in a more reasonable direction for possibilities. Chaos theory has been a big help in describing 'systems' of frequency and fluxuation as they are very simple yet complex (I hear God is both). The hard science fields (and those of theoretic) have a huge chip on their shoulders and that would be they cannot measure or define what "consciousness" is, what its comprised energetically or prove its existance/non existance. IT cannot be weighed or measured is all and must be very frustating for them.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by charles1952

charles1952 Let me ask a question. Assume (Crazy, I know) that God has announced that He will appear at such and such a place, at a given time. He has announced the He will appear in His real essence, as He actually is. Not in flesh or other disguise like a burning bush. The ATS Foundation gives you unlimited funds to cover this and get proof of God.
What instruments do you bring?

AfterInfinity
Everything.

A pocketful of attitude.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join