It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wallops Island Launch - Nov 19 - 2 hour Window from 7:30 PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
NASA at Wallops will be launching a Minataur rocket tomorrow night. The launch will be able to be seen from Canada to Florida (depending on conditions). We are lucky enough to be able to watch these from our front yard pretty well.

NASA Wallops Island

A Minotaur I rocket carrying the DOD's Operationally Response Space-3 mission is set to launch Nov. 19 from Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport Pad 0B here. The window for launch is 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. EST.

There is a live feed for those who wish to watch online -

Rocket Ready for Tomorrow Nights Launch at Wallops

The launch will be the second of a Minotaur from Wallops in the last three months, and it will set a record of 29 satellites launched from a single rocket.

The NASA Visitor Center at Wallops and the Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge/Assateague Island National Seashore will be open for viewing the launch. Visitors to Assateague need to be on the island by 6 p.m. before the entrance gate closes.

The launch window runs from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. and backup launch days run through November 26. The entire process, from ignition to delivery of the satellites in orbit, will take a little less than 12 1/2 minutes

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It's REALLY windy today. I don't know if the launch will happen. At this time, it is supposed to. And it's supposed to be visible for the whole east coast (East of Indiana) and all the way from Florida to Canada. So it should be spectacular. If the winds die down, we are talking about driving down to Chincoteague Island to watch from there. They allow launch viewing if you get there by 6:00 pm. If it's still really windy, we'll be sticking to watching it from the house just in case they scrub the launch.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well ... I guess no one really cares ... but I'll post this anyways ....
It's a clear night and we are 45 minutes until launch. It should be
visible all over the east coast and up into Canada ...

45 minutes ...

ETA .. Holding at one hour ... will resume countdown starting at 8:15

edit on 11/19/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We went out to watch. Didn't see it because of the clouds.
Friends in Connecticut said they could see it just fine.
So ... its' up .....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i care
love this stuff
thanks for posting

spaceflightnow.com...
edit on 19-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join