It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My presidential view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If I were President of the USA, I'm afraid I would be assasinated in record time. My views are simplistic. Take care of the people in this country, and stop spending so much abroad.
1) The borders would be closed
2) All expired visas, as well as fraudulent student visas would result in immediate deportation
3) A good many of the troops abroad in countries that don't appreciate us would be brought home
4) Prisons would be just that, prisons. No cable TV, no college educations - enough sustenance to stay alive
5) The death penalty would be a very real punishment. Those that are blatantly guilty would be executed immediately.
6) Schools - EVERY child would have access to a computer, and a hot lunch
7) The welfare system would be revamped - those that needed the help got it. Those that "Ride the system" no longer have the ability to do so
8)English is THE language. Imagine never hearing again "for english please press 1".
9) Instead of spending literally tens of billions of dollars abroad annually - make sure that every one who needs healthcare has it. Have you ever seen a senior citizen not be able to afford a much needed prescription? It's heart wrenching. (I worked at a pharmacy)
10) Abortion would remain legal. I personally don't agree with abortion, however it is not my choice - it is hers

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dude, where were you 6 months ago when America needed a viable candidate?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
If I were President of the USA, I'm afraid I would be assasinated in record time. My views are simplistic. Take care of the people in this country, and stop spending so much abroad.

Forget US president, run for Prime Minister of the UK.

I'll vote for you

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Dude, where were you 6 months ago when America needed a viable candidate?

It really does make common sense, doesn't it? Maybe I'll try in 2008!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words, howeve the USA needs this logic more than the UK does!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

6) Schools - EVERY child would have access to a computer, and a hot lunch

I think that this is in a very small nutshell exactly what is already wrong with the school system.

10) Abortion would remain legal. I personally don't agree with abortion, however it is not my choice - it is hers

I would point out that the father is not to be forgotten and that elective abortion is more than just a choice, it's premeditation.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
we need to know what your other views are first.

gun control?

taxation?

nuclear arms?

domestic oil drilling?

economic sanctions?

global warming -i.e.- Kyoto?

environmental fanaticism?

domestic terrorism -i.e.- environmental terrorists?

national debt, government deficit?

civil rights, individual rights?

draft?

i would run against you. i would keep the borders open, but i would cut some aid and lessen other aid to various places and concentrate efforts in a few spots. i am for dissolving all but the first ten ammendments to the constitution with only the disclaimer added that all rights retained are done so by ALL people and are not subject to race, religion and sex. i am not economy-minded enough to make a plan to bring the debt and the deficit down, but cutting and scaling aid down will have a huge impact on it to start with. i am for lowering taxes and scaling down government, but keeping the intelligence community a high priority while scaling down the number of employees there. i am for business, but not in such a way that it destroys the prosperity of the country. i am for finding alternative fuels or energy, even if it is a mixture of solar, nuclear, wind and whatever else. i am a land-use activist and believe public land belongs to the public and should not be taken away, but that there are small sensitive areas that need to be watched closely. i believe the media should be held to higher standards and fined when they report factually-based reports with out the facts or contrary to the facts, this will not include editorials, as these are designed to be opinion pieces anyway. i am for abortion rights (there we agree), but i would urge the states to make their own decisions on limitations involved in it. i am an atheist, but i would not change the dollar bill, the pledge of allegiance or anything else, for that matter, as my chosen religious beliefs or lack thereof should have no bearing on the office or my relatively strict sense of morality. i would speak to the people often and let them know what i am doing, what i am thinking, what moves i want to make. i will try to dismantle as many nuclear weapons as possible. i will curb arms sales by US companies to other groups and countries in the world, aside from REGISTERED security teams. i will require the UN to be more involved and more honest, reformed, but it will always be just one possible avenue and not the be-all, end-all in a decision to either go to war or to aid a country or to arrest individuals from another country. i will not nationalize healthcare, but i will have it be harshly regulated, make it a crime with stiff penalties to operate outside those regulations. i would also curb frivalous lawsuits. i would down scale the Patriot Act and rename it, because the name does not fit. it would be called somthing like the Security Act. i like Bush's "radical" yet, old fashioned savings account-style retirement plan, but it would need some reworking a little. we would stop economic sanctions against countries we now have them against if they agree to certain terms, otherwise, no change. those terms would include no nuclear proliferation, no threat to other countries, no terrorist activity or support of such, etc. i would ask the Kyoto board to present a much more scientifically investigated compilation of evidence before i could make a decision. i am against gun control involving new legislation, in fact, i doubt we need much new legislation at all, just some slight revision of old legislation and full enforcement. i would lessen prison sentences for drug users, but lengthen rehab stays. i would also lengthen sentences for drug dealers.

i realize i wouldn't be able to do ALL these things by myself, but what i can't do myself, i will propose to congress and push. what i will require of other countries, i will meet with them as often as it takes to get the job done right.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
great man..and while you at it why dont you just drop a nuke on africa or the middle east...im sure the people living there, who are suffering wouldnt mind, especially since its america that, through past or present acts, causes many of these problems.

the reason that the world is in its current state is that nobody seems to care for those who seem to distant to notice. sure giving all your students a hot lunch and a computer sounds nice, but what about children starving in africa. i think these attidudes are one reason why everybody seems to hate america at the moment.

doesnt your idealogy seem a bit heartless to those around you. exculding others and pretending they dont exist is going to do nothing for the world. exculsion is just going to lead to hatred. maybe one day the world will finally find someone who can stand the test of power. someone who, when given the power to act as he so choses, doesnt forget everyone but himself and his followers. your idealogy makes sense to you, but to the world as a whole it is incompatable.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i guess i would be the 3rd party candidate in the election. if i were president my main policies would be:

1. Repeal all parts of the PATRIOT Act that that violate our protected civil liberties, such as searches w/o a warrant and indefinite imprisonment w/o access to a lawyer. We can crack down on domestic terrorism and protect the rights we're fighting for at the same time.

2. Sign the Kyoto Treaty. Even though global warming is officially still a theory, the global health of the planet isn't worth the risk of doing nothing.

3. Pull home all National Guard. They're the NATIONAL guard for a reason and it aint for fighting in Iraq.

4. Merge the NG and the BP and tighten up the mexican border. Merging the 2 forces would be for the benefit of both of them. It would boost the numbers needed to patrol the border and allow the NG to do what was intended of them; protect our borders from outside attack.

5. Institute the right to "recall " the president if at least 25 states meet their recall standards.

6. Repeal tax cuts going to the country's top 1% and institute a 33% decrease in the sales tax on all hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles.

7. No further gun control. Repeal the Assault Weapons ban and legalize carrying concealed weapons. Statistics show that states that have legalized concealed weapons have had a decrease in crime.

8. Amend "No Child Left Behind". Schools failing to meet the standards of NCLB would still recieve some funding but would be limited to spending it on purely academic resources. Cutting a schools money suplly isn't the way to improve it. Increase it's overall funding and take a little of the emphasis off of standardized testing.

9. Repeal the sanctions on Cuba. This old relic of a cold war rivalry has gone on long enough. The last 40 years have proved that the current sanctions have been ineffective and when Castro dies the best chance for political reform is to allow american businesses into Cuba and create a favorable picture of the US in the minds of the Cuban people.

10. Withdraw all troops from Iraq within 120 days of their elections. By this time Iraqi security forces (supposedly) will outnumber US troops. We've given them the opportunity for freedom, will see them through thier first election, but from then on it's up to them to take the opportunity for themselves.

11. Amend the constitution so that a National Referendum is required for any further amendment to the constitution to be passed. All the citizens of the US should have a say something as important as amending our constitution. To take effect any proposed amendment would need a 2/3 majority to pass the referendum.

12. Institute a national "50/50 Raffle" lottery to be held 3 times a year. Half the money raised would go to the winner, half to the gov. This would help to reduce the federal deficit.

13. Abortion would remain legal.

14. Reduce or repeal jail sentences and increase rehab time for all crimes that do not pose a risk to any person surrounding the guilty party.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
fledgling666 - Your questions first

gun control?

Excellent question. Very simply, a TRUE background inspection would be done on all that applied for a weapon. you fail, you lose. Those that are found with illegal possession of unregistered, or illegal weapons go to prison immediately - Absolutely no "buts". Ammunition of any sort that is anything more than game or target caught on your posession- you lose. No armor piercing, hollow points. No automatic weapons for the public. period. I believe that anyone who wants a weapon is entitled to one so long as they have NO criminal background. A strict background check as well as documentation of every person who holds a weapon as well as the type and amount of ammunition purchased should be monitored That being said - if it is more of a weapon needed to go deer or bear hunting then it is not necessary. Period. Hand guns - even stricter regulations.

taxation?

Flat tax. 25% across the board. I don't want to get into it here - however do the math. If EVERYONE paid a flat 25% the lower income would be paying vitually what they are paying now, and the very rich would be paying many time more than they are now. It would be an incredible, very fair windfall for the country as a whole.

nuclear arms?

Until the world is free of all Weapons of mass destruction, I believe that as unfortunate as it sounds, Nuclear Armament is a necessity. The continued production and development of nuclear weapons should be halted however. That being said, the upkeep and tuneups of the existing weaopns should continue. Once a TRUE and HONEST disarmong of all nuclear weapons can happen, it should be done imediately, and monitored absolutely.

domestic oil drilling?

I believe that alternate means of energy are available and could be ready to go in a very short amount of time. Monies should go towards hydrogen power, as well as other types of alternate energy. Driling in what was a pristine nature reserve would be off limits. Worst case scenario is that the price of gasoline went off the charts and new hybrid vehicles which are progressing daily became the norm.

economic sanctions?

Open ended question. One that cannot be truly answered. There are some sanctions that make little sense, and some that have a dgree of validity. i would be happy tp debate any one of these with you online at any time.

global warming -i.e.- Kyoto?

A VERY real problem. Excellent question again. If something is not done soon, there will absolutely be irreversible consequences. An immediate an ultimate testing would be done on not only hydrocarbons and the like but water and soil pollutions as well. An absolute and strict deadline would be mandated and enforced. Not with a fine or a sanction against the company, but against the owners, and major stock holders of the companies in question.

environmental fanaticism?

I'm not sure i understand the question.

domestic terrorism -i.e.- environmental terrorists?

ALL terrorism would be dealt with the same way. Whether it be a Nuclear bomb, or a polluter trying to poison our waterways, or salt the earth. Maximum jail terms. And by jail I mean just enough sustenance to survive. No cable TV. No college education - just 4 walls, and an existence that is just enough to live. Period.

national debt, government deficit?

Again a very good question. In my opinion too much money is spent abroad - especially to ungrateful countries who do nothing more than hold their hands out, and in some instances have been caught spying on us. This country need to create manufacturing jobs. Stop importing so much. Instead of lets say "SONY" components as the good electronis components all covet - make it an American company - being produced IN AMERICA - that the world wants. Government deficit? Let's NATIONLIZE ALL of the accounts of our enemies. Do you realize how much money of our enemies are in our financial district while they make the profit from the dividends being earned just so these dollars may be used against us? The numbers are staggering.

civil rights, individual rights?

The right of all would be as they were proposed to be, and supposed to be by the US doctrines. Hate crimes would be dealt with immediately and strictly. and this means by ALL sides. No double standards. NONE.Not, color, religous beliefe, sexual orientation would be means for rights vioations. Now i will touch on a very touchy subject. Racial profiling. Never EVER take this out of context however I believe in it. If the majority of a particular crime is being committed by a particular type of people, then it would be remiss of the nation not to focus upon those people. NOT to persecute them in any way. And unfair persecution on an individual basis would be dealt with promptly and strictly.

draft?

Only as a necessity. I would like to keep it as strictly volunteer, much like it is today.

I would love to debate more at your convenience!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I hope that I answered your questions. If you would like to continue as my "running mate" I would welcome the debate.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I hope that I answered your questions. If you would like to continue as my "running mate" I would welcome the debate.

yeah, ok, but let me respond to this first......

great man..and while you at it why dont you just drop a nuke on africa or the middle east...im sure the people living there, who are suffering wouldnt mind, especially since its america that, through past or present acts, causes many of these problems.

what on earth are you saying? i didn't even mention africa, and i am assuming that your post was directed at me since it came right after mine without a quoted passage or any specific direction in it.

heartless? ideology? i have no ideology and i can assure you i am not heartless, although, i probably don't have the emotive level that would make some people happy, regardless........ on with this.......

Excellent question. Very simply, a TRUE background inspection would be done on all that applied for a weapon. you fail, you lose. Those that are found with illegal possession of unregistered, or illegal weapons go to prison immediately - Absolutely no "buts". Ammunition of any sort that is anything more than game or target caught on your posession- you lose. No armor piercing, hollow points. No automatic weapons for the public. period. I believe that anyone who wants a weapon is entitled to one so long as they have NO criminal background. A strict background check as well as documentation of every person who holds a weapon as well as the type and amount of ammunition purchased should be monitored That being said - if it is more of a weapon needed to go deer or bear hunting then it is not necessary. Period. Hand guns - even stricter regulations.

wow.

that is all i can say. i believe guns are one of those things we will never be rid of until the last days of man. i also believe they are one of those things that will always be available to fall into the wrong hands, and in fact, will always be in the wrong hands much more often than they are in the right hands, but the fact is, we have the right to own them in this country, all kinds, now, and all sorts of ammo, aside from one or 2 that are even available to the public. i would not take personal protection weapons and ammo out of the hands of the individual on such a large scale. background checks would determine who could and couldn't own a gun, similarly, but pistols, handguns, automatic, semiauto and large magazines would remain perfectly legal under my presidency. these items are important to the individual who fears for his life, possessions and whatnot. they would also be immensely important should the country ever be invaded or the government ever become more than is tolerable.

Flat tax. 25% across the board. I don't want to get into it here - however do the math. If EVERYONE paid a flat 25% the lower income would be paying vitually what they are paying now, and the very rich would be paying many time more than they are now. It would be an incredible, very fair windfall for the country as a whole.

whoa, that would almost double my income taxes and i make between 25 and 30 grand a year, gross. 25% would be rediculously high. it is not what the poor pay, or the middle class or the rich and the rich, believe me, pay a LOT more than the rest of us do already, maybe not in percentage, but in dollar amounts, they do. if we went to a percentage system, i believe in a flat-ish tax too, with more breaks for the poor, but i mean the POOR, not the middle class that acts poor and just wants to get all the breaks.

I believe that alternate means of energy are available and could be ready to go in a very short amount of time. Monies should go towards hydrogen power, as well as other types of alternate energy. Driling in what was a pristine nature reserve would be off limits. Worst case scenario is that the price of gasoline went off the charts and new hybrid vehicles which are progressing daily became the norm.

no, disagree, need a slow transition here, too much at stake with the economy and with the individual. you gonna make that poor guy that just bought his first brand new KIa because it was the cheapest car out there, go buy another new car because you have an anti-oil/environmental agenda? many different sources need to co-exist for a time until one proves to outweight the others in more areas.

will do more later, gotta do some work.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

A VERY real problem. Excellent question again. If something is not done soon, there will absolutely be irreversible consequences. An immediate an ultimate testing would be done on not only hydrocarbons and the like but water and soil pollutions as well. An absolute and strict deadline would be mandated and enforced. Not with a fine or a sanction against the company, but against the owners, and major stock holders of the companies in question.

ok, but without hard science, we don't know if there will be irreversible consequences. that is what we've been led to believe by the political crowd for the last 30 years, but science says otherwise up to now. we need a serious and deep study into this to know for sure if human activity could change the earth then or now and what to do to keep it as close to natural as we can.

ALL terrorism would be dealt with the same way. Whether it be a Nuclear bomb, or a polluter trying to poison our waterways, or salt the earth. Maximum jail terms. And by jail I mean just enough sustenance to survive. No cable TV. No college education - just 4 walls, and an existence that is just enough to live. Period.

by environmental terrorism, i meant those that burn down SUV dealerships because don't agree with the consumption of fuels and what not, those that spike trees so they can't be cut, and in doing so, shatter blades with the possibility of hurting or killing the log worker, those that plant bombs and set boobie traps on OHV trails and gates to ranches, logging sites and other businesses, public land and private land that they determine to be a target of their "cause."

and yes, they ought to be dealt with as you've said, i like the no TV, etc. but, it won't happen, especially if we ever intend to let any of these people out, ever....

Again a very good question. In my opinion too much money is spent abroad - especially to ungrateful countries who do nothing more than hold their hands out, and in some instances have been caught spying on us. This country need to create manufacturing jobs. Stop importing so much. Instead of lets say "SONY" components as the good electronis components all covet - make it an American company - being produced IN AMERICA - that the world wants. Government deficit? Let's NATIONLIZE ALL of the accounts of our enemies. Do you realize how much money of our enemies are in our financial district while they make the profit from the dividends being earned just so these dollars may be used against us? The numbers are staggering.

i agree with nationalizing the accounts of our enemies, but which ones are those? we better be absolutely certain to take steps like this. i also very much agree with buying and using American products.

Racial profiling. Never EVER take this out of context however I believe in it. If the majority of a particular crime is being committed by a particular type of people, then it would be remiss of the nation not to focus upon those people.

hmmmm......

with this one, i understand your point of view, believe me, i do, but i would still have it be policy not to impliment racial profiling as procedure. it is too often the pathway to a negative occurance of some sort, BUT i will stress that individual profiling once enough data is gathered to warrant such a move.

more later, again..........

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'd abolish the Department of Education. It's unconstitutional.

I'd allow prayer in schools--but not mandatory. I'd have no problem with kids bringing Bibles to school--but not force them to.

I'd encourage homeschooling.

I'd do a lot of stuff Superdude would do.

I'd also be assassinated quicker than Superdude.

Since I'm not old enough to run, though, I voted Constitution Party.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

4) Prisons would be just that, prisons. No cable TV, no college educations - enough sustenance to stay alive

I just had to comment on this one.
This argument usualy comes from ppl who have no idea what goes on inside prison.

Life in prison is stressful beyond comparison.
And so it should be you say, they're criminals.
But what happens when ppl get stressed they get frustrated, angry and eventualy explode, resulting in prison riots etc...
Ppl die, not just prisoners but guards and sometimes visitors etc...

TV and other luxeries are used as a form of award for good behaviour.
They are the relief vavle, a form of control just like on the outside.

College degree's. Prison is supposed to help criminals re-habilitate and hopefully become useful to society once their sentence is done. It's not just a benefit to the prisoner, but also to society as a whole.

Most ppl in prison are no different to you and me. They're not hardened criminals who won't change that lifestyle.
But use your style of prisons and soon we will be churning out hardened pissed of criminals daily.

Our whole justice system needs to change. Right now it has nothing to do with eradicating crime, but a form of revenge and most of all income.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You have some pretty good ideas superdude. If I ran for president I would run on the "common sense" principle. If it is right, then it is right, and if wrong, then wrong, nothing more. No more spin trying to make the wrongs of this country look right and acceptable. There would definitley be heavy campaign reform. In fact, I belive that a set amount of money, supplied by the government, should be set aside for the candidates to get thier mesage across and eliminate campaign contributions all together. If any party can get a set amount of public support then they will recieve this money to run. In order to be a viable candidate today, you have to go where the money is, so we will never have another president that is not in the pockets of big corporations. How can we ever have a true, honest president again, with the interests of the country first, if they are slaves to corporations. I know that this sounds far fetched but if we could keep the corruption out then I believe it would work.
First thing I would do would be to put all the resources that we have to work in trying to find a real, viable, alternative energy source. There would be no more interference from the oil companies to stop this, we would just simply move full steam ahead until we succeded. It is going to have to be done sooner or later so why not now. This would eventually solve a lot of the worlds woes. With the worlds dependance on foriegn oil gone we could leave these areas and let them live they way they did two hundred years ago without any interference. In time, with newer generations, their hatred for us would diminish.
There would definitley be more diplomacy which would hopefuly mean less war. We seem to have forgotten that diplomacy works, if done right, and it should be exercised heavily.
My focus would be on the betterment of this country and not thousands of miles away. We would all, and not just the few, reap the benefits of being the richest and strongest country in the world.
And, of course it would be at this point in my first campaign speech that I would recieve a bullet to the head.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

My focus would be on the betterment of this country and not thousands of miles away. We would all, and not just the few, reap the benefits of being the richest and strongest country in the world.

see, those that reach for those benefits, do reap them, there are just so many millions of people just sitting on their asses waiting to have it handed to them and when it doesn't come, they complain. well, this is a capitalist society, what is out there for the taking, YOU have to go get.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by fledgling666]

new topics

top topics

join