It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NM Police Shoot At Black Women and Blue Van Full Of Her Kids (VIDEOS NUTS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

On Oct. 28, Ferrell was pulled over on a state highway south of Taos. According to court documents, she was allegedly driving 71 mph in a 55 mph zone.

When the officer attempted to issue a citation for driving in excess of the speed limit, she allegedly argued with him over the $126 fine and sped off in her Kia Sedona.

She had five children in her minivan, aged 6 to 18, police said.

During Ferrell's arraignment in Taos Magistrate Court last week, her attorney, Alan Maestas, said the New Mexico State Police officers who were involved in the incident are the ones at fault.

"She was flat-out scared that something was going to happen to her children. We ought to talk about the stupidity and recklessness of shooting at a car that has five children in it," Maestas told the court, according to The Taos News.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I understand the lady should of never drove off in the first place after she was pulled over.
I understand the cop was pissed, I mean evading an officer, that's like saying he's got a small one..
When he pulls the mother out of the car, she should of just let them arrest her.
Her son getting into the mess is only 14, he didn't want to see his mom get hurt, but you can't
go around hitting cops no matter what..

The crazy thing here I see is when the lady is evading the second time they open fire on the back of the van
while its pulling away from them.. It's not coming at them, she's going forward.. This would be like shooting someone in the back after a fight and the other guy is walking off..
The officer should be terminated.. Over zealous cops, trigger happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

starfoxxx
The officer should be terminated..

Imprisoned. I think that's the word you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
already posted, but without as much bias.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Thanks for adding the descriptive colors to the title of your post here. I feel the original title: "Police Shoot At Oriana Ferrell And Van Full Of Her Kids During Wild Stop (VIDEO)" wasn't quite descriptive enough. I also feel like word phrasing of that nature is only designed to create hostility and increased emotional anger in responses.

Pay attention to the officer who is doing the shooting. As he pulls up, he's likely to see two officers beating a window out with a baton, and the van speeding off. At that point, after receiving a call for backup to a hostile stop, it may not be unrealistic to expect the driver to attempt to harm an officer. Should he have fired the shots? Maybe not. But did he randomly blast away as the vehicle sped off? No, he didn't.

The media is making this something big, and the type of title manipulation I'm seeing here is doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Mapkar
reply to post by

Should he have fired the shots? Maybe not. But did he randomly blast away as the vehicle sped off? No, he didn't.

Yes of course he did, he took shots at the van as it was driving away forward..
The back of the van because he was pissed he was shooting.
He could have killed anyone in that van even the innocent children, he was trying
to kill her atleast... They don't pull their gun to wound or stop a car. They pull their guns to kill
this guy just committed attempted murder.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Mapkar
I also feel like word phrasing of that nature is only designed to create hostility and increased emotional anger in responses.

When giving a description of a suspect you say what color they are. The cop who shot them in the back was black as well...
After they saw the video they would of seen what color all the people were in it anyways..
If they have hostility and a more angry emotional response thats on them.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

The police are becoming uncontrollable.

I bet he keeps his job.

Cue the police officer apologists to come and defend the indefensible. And to educate us on our misunderstanding of the law.

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 18 Nov 2013 17:22:28 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

alfa1

Search didn't pull up anything, I checked the boards.
Now i see a link and there is one thread out im whats
That off topic general chit chat. Are you serious??

This is posse comitatus material all the way.

Discussing the bone headed actions of police in this thread.

If someone walks up to me. punches me in the face, and then turns around runs away
if i pulled a gun and shot them in the back I WOULD BE CHARGED WITH MURDERm/Attempted murder..

Cops getting away with this stuff that a citizen would of been hung for
is what creates the hostility itself..
edit on 18-11-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

top topics

join