It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Hospital Reprimands Doctor for Mere Mention of Abortion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hold the phone, Flyers. Several of my friends are devout Catholics and one happens to be a hospital nurse, although currently not at a Catholic hospital. The whole abortion shebang has been discussed in depth with regards to how that particular nurse reconciles their religious views with their patient obligation. They will never willingly assist in an abortion procedure, but they will never restrict that information from a patient. They consider withholding information if it's medically warranted gross negligence, and illegal. Even in their time at a Catholic hospital, patients who were deemed in mortal danger in pregnancies were referred to or transferred to other hospitals who would be able to ethically comply rather than say "No, go die yourself."

So based off my personal friends, and one's career in the field and in the hospital type in question, the assertion that Catholic hospitals cannot so much as say the word to a patient is utter BS.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Nyiah
but they will never restrict that information from a patient. ...

I gave the information previously showing that they can do tubal litigations for ectopic pregnancy, have a hysterectomy for uterine cancer while pregnant, and other things because it's not 'directly an abortion'. Catholic Net They just can't tell people to 'have an abortion'. They can tell a pregnant woman to have a hysterectomy or have a tubal litigation, things like that .... which in my mind is kind of playing with words ... but anyways, that's what the rules say.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

First I never said shut them down I advocate taking away their tax free exemptions especially because they also receive government money. Level the playing field and other hospitals can compete ones that wouldn’t let a woman die due to the churches beliefs.

If you didn’t understand that hospital does not even want to let the women know that having a child could kill them and in that case was almost always fatal.

The only reason their hospitals are dominating those areas is because they have an unfair advantage in the market place. It’s strange you use the analogy of throwing the baby out with the bathwater because their actions would throw the patient and the baby in the grave.

I don’t care if they are religious or not but what they are doing by not informing their patients of life threatening pregnancies is unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Albeit an unlikely source of zen-like insight I'll quote Pantera's Phil Anselmo:

"Religion is in myself "

For a matter of regulations that can indirectly affect those who may not be participating in a mindset, at present, any subjective belief should have no place. One man's religion is another's poison, and no man knows for certain. The Catholic Church has lived in a world where impression of it's views have been allowed, expected, and tolerated. When the tolerant become as critical of those who would control them as those in control are of the tolerant, understanding will be freely spread. Understanding, in matters such as this, that one person's decision regarding the course of their own life experience should be inconsequential to another, in matters of control.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join