It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Democrats Using Racist Stereotypes Against Condoleezza Rice?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal. The liberals whose welfare-state policies destroyed families in post- Great Society inner cities were Democrats.

Y'know, I'm going to speak up here against this rewriting of history.

The welfare state did NOT destroy families. What it did was stop people from dying of hunger and cold and a thousand other little things simply because they were poor. And by the way, some of the recipients of the welfare were teachers... because the pay scale was so bad.

We were close to going on foodstamps when we taught (there simply wasn't enough money to feed us and the kids.) Food Stamps, Blue Cross, and so forth were a great boon to the elderly and the poor.

So let's get off this "destroy the family" ride on this one because I can cite you chapter and verse from real experience on this.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No wonder you libs lost again. Your nutz. You whisper the same lies to each other so often and think they are true now. Please someone tell me what she lied about to the 911 commission! This is getting pretty deep even for this site.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Bottom line on this subject is that the Democrats will critisize and discriminate against minorities that don't come with the NAACP's stamp of approval.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Bottom line on this subject is that the Democrats will critisize and discriminate against minorities that don't come with the NAACP's stamp of approval.

And Republicans will feign mock indignation over cartoons while screwing over minorities with their policies.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
No wonder you libs lost again. Your nutz. You whisper the same lies to each other so often and think they are true now. Please someone tell me what she lied about to the 911 commission! This is getting pretty deep even for this site.

She said the Administration had no idea that planes would be used as weapons and attack places of interest, including skyscraper and buildings. Give me a break! The government knew it was possible long before 9/11. Heck they were wanred it would happen!

Examples:

According to a Sept. 14 report in the Internet newswire online.ie, German police, monitoring the phone calls of a jailed Iranian man, learned the man was telephoning USG intelligence agencies last summer to warn of an imminent attack on the WTC in the week of Sept. 9. German officials confirmed the calls to the USG for the story but refused to discuss additional details.

In August 2000 French intelligence sources confirmed a man recently arrested in Boston by the FBI was an Islamic militant and a key member of Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda network. The FBI knew the man had been taking flying lessons at the time of his arrest and was in possession of technical information on Boeing aircraft and flight manuals, as reported by Reuters on Sept. 13.

According to a story in Izvestia on Sept. 12, Russian intelligence warned the USG that as many as 25 pilots were training for missions involving the crashing of airliners into important targets.

In an MSNBC interview on Sept. 15, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated he had ordered Russian intelligence to warn the USG "in the strongest possible terms" of imminent assaults on airports and government buildings before the attacks on Sept. 11.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
BlackJackel you are right on target again. This is like talking about Abortion is murder. The libs just go nuts. The NAA"L"CP is the proper name. Being black only counts if you are a left of left lib. The welfare state has destroyed the american family white or black. Data proves it, period.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

And Republicans will feign mock indignation over cartoons while screwing over minorities with their policies.

Like the illegal immigrant amnesty program that Bush is trying to push through?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The barrier of being black is making me sick. At the end of the day Rice is still human who made mistakes and was not a good NS Advisor. But because of her skin we are supposed to feel bad and deserve a promotion to secretary of state?

Republicans use the barrier like previously stated, we cannot critisize a conservative black because shes black, not even with humor. But when a white is critisized probably the same way its ok?

Bush has been called a hillbilly, correct? We aern't crying racism. Kerry as a rich boy? Democrats wearn't out crying. Judge whether someone does a good job or not based on what they've done, and dont go with the race card as a way of defending someone who did wrong during the last 4 years.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
She said the Administration had no idea that planes would be used as weapons and attack places of interest, including skyscraper and buildings. Give me a break! The government knew it was possible long before 9/11. Heck they were wanred it would happen!

in fact, they happened to be involved in training exercises of that scenario on the morning of 911. how's THAT for a coincidence, HAHA! what a crock the officiasl lie is.

you 'republicans', are insulting the intelligence of the people of the world with you're propoganda assault(ATS is global, baby). i'm sure there are many, who voted republican, that cringe every time you type your hateful disinfo and 'power of persuasion' tactics.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
It has nothing to do with color. She lied in front of the 9/11 comission, which is one of the many reasons why she needs to go.

Ahem, this appointment bears well for the country

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What people forgot is that Ms. Rice is not your regular black girl and were not raised like most of back Americans in the US, she came from a privilege family and had the good fortune of having her daddy as a dean at the Denver University of Colorado really help her with her studies and her future.

She did not attend the school down the corner she was in very good schools, private schools.

Her father did as a dean everything he could to ensure that black students had the same means to get an education as the white counterparts in a time in which our nation was having troubles with equality.

Condi may have come from Alabama but she did not have the troubles that most African Americans had to go through when she was growing up.

By the way she came from a family of educators starting from her grandmother to her parents they all enjoyed high education.

She did not start college until she was 17, and occurs she entered the University of Colorado because her father was a Dean and that was a plus.

She has been given more attributes that she really deserves, she is smart but she is not the genius that some are trying to make her to be.

The Republican Party has used her to attract the black population and she has allowed them to do that, now she is getting her pay back.

That she is a cunning woman, no doubt, smart yes, but when it comes to public relations Ms. Rice is in the cold side, not like Collins he was more reachable and likable.

As a woman I give her the credit for chosing to be a career women over a family life, but that she should be the secretary of state, I think another person should have been a better choice.

And for the cartoons, is just a joke, if she was white not body will be claiming racism.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can't see any reason for outrage. Now the Neocons are PC?

Look at the beating Powell took years back- didn't bother him any.

Rice is a YES-man that happens to be female- big deal

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't care who becomes Secretary of State or whatever position is available. As long as their honest, that's all I care about.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
well, that would rule you out, mulder.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
As a woman I give her the credit for chosing to be a career women over a family life, but that she should be the secretary of state, I think a man should have been a better choice.

Huh? What does her gender have to do with her ability to do this job?

Marg, I usually agree with your posts, but as a fellow woman...I am very dissapointed by your comment.

Again, why is it so hard to leave gender/race out of this?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Nerdling, have you no shame?

You are not worthy of toting her used tampons.

Of course he doesn't.

Curious, though, if his is willing to call a woman with the character and integrity as Condi's a liar (I took the hussy name as tongue in cheek), what would he call Hillary? Fair is fair, and Hillary has lied so much it is assumed the next thing from her will also be a lie.

Liberals use the black population as a tool, nothing more. It is quite okay to attack as viciously as possible any black conservative; they deserve no equal treatment, but a liberal black is praiseworthy and should be defended even if an attack has to be fabricated. Sad, really, but the liberals are afraid now. They are afraid the years of brainwashing and media manipulation has not worked well enough. You have to understand, some of these liberal elitists are gettting old; if they are going to see the fall of America in their lifetime, it has to happen soon!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Obviously, conservatives are not intelligent enough to realize their candidate won the "election". There's no need to lie about championing the cause of minorities, it's laughable. And to make such an assumption about these cartoonists political affiliations is pathetic, and it serves no purpose. Political cartoonists exploit peoples' physical flaws, maybe the cartoonist is black and is really racist against whites, just look at Bush's huge ears, and long pointy nose, obviously this cartoonist is using rascist stereotypes against whites.
Let's face it, Condi Rice is no Beyonce. Here's an interesting take on neo-con/neo-nazi (same thing) movement in this country. Oh yeah, champions of the black people.

Since the end of WWII, but especially over the last 35 years or so, the political landscape in the U.S. --as well as other parts of the world--has shifted dramatically to the Conservative Right. That shift has largely gone unnoticed by those not old enough or not historically sensitive enough to place the Conservative Right political ideology and agenda in historical perspective. Many do not realize that the inherently racist, homophobic, and misogynist ideology now passed off by some Conservative Right politicians such as George W. Bush as acceptable and even respectable, was part of the reason the U.S. entered WW II. Millions of American soldiers died fighting against that hateful ideology that many on the Conservative Right�in varying degrees-- are now trumpeting as a kind of "final solution" to socioeconomic and other problems they claim have been created by the U.S. Government and by the "Liberals" of the 1960's.

www.feminista.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Marg,

What does her upbringing have to do with anything? It doesn't matter if she is a billionaire of poverty stricken she is still black and the stereotypes used in the cartoons are racist. Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
However, you have to admit the Trudeau cartoon was funny! The otehr two were simple and shallow attacks out of pure, ugly hatred, but teh Trudeau strip was a hoot!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Huh? What does her gender have to do with her ability to do this job?

Marg, I usually agree with your posts, but as a fellow woman...I am very dissapointed by your comment.

Again, why is it so hard to leave gender/race out of this?

First of all I read Ms. Rice biography book a long time ago. Second I suggest your read this link about Ms.Rices views on foreign policies and make your own conclusion is she have the right state of mind to handle the office she is in.

I have nothing against her holding offices but not the state one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess is my opinion after reading how she feels our nation should perform in the world.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join