It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

...Holy Crap...Time Lapse Map Of Every Nuclear Explosion Ever On Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

First of all I did a search and did not find this, if I missed it I apologize. I also wasn't sure where to put this but thought fragile earth might be appropriate since this obviously can NOT be good for ourselves or the planet.

If this is an accurate portrayal of the time lapse on nukes, then this is absolutely terrifying. And who is topping the list at No. 1 for most nukes set off? Take a stab in the dark, I bet you'll get it.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just found this originally posted here. But since I've got the video posted on this one feel free to watch. It's an eye opener.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

WOW

those cold war years were just a series of earth shattering bleeps and bloops.

Chilling.

U.S. kinda goes all hulky with their bombs.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

solongandgoodnight
Just found this originally posted here. But since I've got the video posted on this one feel free to watch. It's an eye opener.

and surprise no nuclear winters...

There was an article by Michael Crichton that basicly said that we don't have a large enough data set to really know what the effects of a nuclear war would be.

It applies to things like Global warming, the Drake equation, and nuclear winter, pretty much anything science tries to speculate on. Basing things on a very small data set is always a bad idea.

Harvard lecture by michael crichton

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Here is the comment i posted on the original thread:-

The flaw in that presentation is the 1945 tests and dropping the bomb on Japan were not American. They should show a combination of American British and Canadian. Those are the 3 countries that jointly developed the nuclear bomb

So if that presentation got that part wrong, how accurate is it?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Nice timelaps video.

And people are wondering why cancerrate among worlds population has skyrocketted last decades...well, there you got your answer.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

honestly that is a good question. I also wondered how many nuclear bombs have been set off and not recorded. I don't know if that's possible, but it is a question I asked myself.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CryonicAngel

that is a really interesting visual ..... seeing it time lapse like that....agree, no wonder cancer rates went up....you all know about that western movie shot in the desert where some of these happened, john wayne and a lot of others that worked on that movie got cancer.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And we wonder why benevolent Aliens haven't landed on our Planet and welcomed us to the Galaxy....

If I were them I'd be staying the F away.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What I find most interesting is the final scene showing the cumulative impact of the US nuclear weapons, and the footprint it leaves over the west coast of the US. Given the uproar about radiation from Fukishima spreading to the west coast, it might be pertinent to look at what's been done by the US in that area first?

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Does anyone know the purpose for all that "testing"? And, do we really need to wonder about the cause of cancer and what not? Must be all that "second-hand smoke".

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Rewey
What I find most interesting is the final scene showing the cumulative impact of the US nuclear weapons, and the footprint it leaves over the west coast of the US. Given the uproar about radiation from Fukishima spreading to the west coast, it might be pertinent to look at what's been done by the US in that area first?

Regards,
Rewey

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What a waste of money, look how much bigger we are then our grandparents lots and its everyone maybe we mutated a bit to keep the radiation out of us just a thought who knows.

new topics

top topics

join