It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Exit Portals, Are They Detention Pods?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Haven't seen these yet. Usually it's a "Past this point you must continue on" sign and a bored looking TSA guy.

Considering how often I set off the nitrate sniffers you'd think I would have been detention podded by now if I was going to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

While I despise elevators,at least there is the option of pushing the button for one of the next floors and getting out when I jolly well please?
No one has to await approval from some one else before exiting an elevator,so it Is a bit different,you know? Just saying.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The Patriot Act wasn't signed or conceived by the current administration, nor was the creation of The Dept. of Homeland Security.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I realize that the O is merely the latest in a long list of destroyers in the White House.

I realize he is merely following the script all of them have marched and pranced to.

However, the O is certainly . . . next to Hillary . . . the most demonized, ruthless, mean-spirited, genocidal, gleefully destructive and one who enjoys pushing the boundaries of all the tyrannical options, features, laws, policies, departments etc. to the fullest extent he can get away with.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

...and this is connected to TSA's high tech doors because...

???

I don't believe that the TSA was an evil construct of the current administration either. Again, what does liberal bashing have to do with airport security measures?

Absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
O-M-G.
I hate these things.

So it would seem that they will install a biometric scanner.
What's that mean?
It means you must get your fingerprint or retina scanned to leave the Detention Pod...or maybe both.
Welcome to Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World".
Funny.
They only say it can detect threats.
They don't say how it detects.
Who wants to place a bet that it's another "terahertz scanner"?
They are trying to imply that TSA officers do too little and cost too much or that the current TSA are incompetant?
More guilty until proven innocent.
This out-of-control police state crap is making me wanna puke.

"They're designed to keep America safe."

No...they're designed to make America a slave.

-Peace-

edit on 19-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Mistaken Vector

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

If they really only want to eliminate having a TSA employee sit at the exit but still control the exit so people can't enter, there are far more affordable and low tech solutions.

The logical conclusion is that they probably do want the extra threat detection and containment capabilities.

Anyone know if the Eagle Security Group that apparently only makes these is in anyway affiliated with this other Eagle Security Group which is heavily involved with the FBI, Homeland Security, etc? They list different addresses, but the lists of services and qualifications are pretty interesting. For example:

Services
Professional Consulting

Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) for Municipal and County Governments
Crisis Management
Tailored Augmentation for Corporate Crisis Response
Surveillance Detection and Attack Recognition
Vulnerability ID and Characterization
WMD/CT Planning and Operational Support
Federal, State, Local Interagency Coordination
Kidnapping & Extortion Response

Training

Crisis Management
Command Post/Field Training Exercises
Specialized SWAT Training for Police and Corrections Agencies
Extreme Violence on Campus and in the Workplace: Assessment, Prevention, and Emergency Response
WMD Tactical Operations

Qualifications

All Eagle personnel were specifically selected based on their previously demonstrated work ethic, operational experience, security-related expertise and personal integrity. Many team members have participated together in numerous high risk/high profile law enforcement deployments ranging from kidnappings to international terrorist incidents to include the following:

Freeman Stand-off, Jordan, Montana
Force protection following the bombing of the USS Cole, Yemen
Tactical response to the East African Embassy Bombings
Fugitive Investigation for Olympic Bomber Eric Rudolph
Prison Riot/Hostage Taking Crisis at St. Martinsville, Louisiana
Remove Protestors from Vieques Island, Puerto Rico
Force Protection At St. Thomas, US Virgin Island following Hurricane Marilyn
High Risk Drug Raids and Kidnapping Extortion Investigations in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Executive Protection Detail for Attorney General, FBI Director and many other nationally/internationally known dignitaries
Crime Scene Investigation for the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia at Kosovo
Operational Deployment for the NATO 50th, four presidential inaugurals, the Capitol Millennium Celebration, four UN General Assembly Meetings, two Summit of the Eight Meetings, the Republican National Convention, and the Federal Trial of Oklahoma City Bomber Tim McVeigh

Eagle Security Group Capabilities

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by Imagewerx

While I despise elevators,at least there is the option of pushing the button for one of the next floors and getting out when I jolly well please?
No one has to await approval from some one else before exiting an elevator,so it Is a bit different,you know? Just saying.

So you'd be happier stuck in a metal box between floors because there's been a power cut with a 100 foot drop below you and and 100 feet above your head there's a ton or so of weight above you hanging on a steel cable.Also because it is a metal box with no view of the outside world anyone with claustrophobia won't have all that much of a fun time will they?
If it was the choice between the above and a transparent cage firmly bolted to the ground with doors that can be easily opened in the event of an emergency,I know which one I'd choose every time.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Pretty sure this is for placement on entryways,not exits. There is more than one use for the thing. You don't need the biometrics or object detection on the way out.

It's not that unusual to have a "man trap" on the way in, if you can't verify your identity, there you sit until the nice gentleman with the rifle comes to let you out.

In our case, we have a much more civilized one that looks like a vestibule. It has a nice couch and a table in. But the windows are bullet resistant and the doors lock when you come in. And there you are until the secretary vets you. If she doesn't like your looks, alas, there you remain.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Imagewerx
For every innocent person frisked in the street they will also frisk someone carrying an offensive or dangerous weapon.I'd quite happily be frisked and then sent on my way if this procedure does anything to get rid of people carrying things they shouldn't be carrying.

edit on 19-11-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

You do realize there's a constitutional right against searches without probable cause, right? Or are you simply one of those that doesn't care. There's a very good reason that right exists.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sounds as if you've already accepted you new slave collar with zeal and hope.
Enjoy your New World Order.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by Bedlam

Sounds as if you've already accepted you new slave collar with zeal and hope.
Enjoy your New World Order.

-Peace-

No, no, you misunderstand. We DESIGN 'slave collars'.

My shop is a bastion of the NWO. Or the MIC, or something like that. We've got the fairly decorative, less blatant version of this thing at the main entrance.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join