It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. justices reject call to review intelligence court action on phone records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court said on Monday it would not review a ruling by a secretive intelligence court that authorized government access to millions of Verizon Communications Inc (VZ.N) phone-call records.

The long-shot case was brought to the court by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), a public interest research organization. It was first time the high-profile issue has come before the justices since the recent wave of leaks traced to former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

The court rejected the case in a one sentence order issued Monday.

Story

Well, it looks like the Evil Supremes aren't going to allow anyone to challenge the FISA court. There is another case right now also working it's way through the Federal Courts but my guess would be that it will not be heard by the Supreme Court either if it makes it there. I would guess that if that case gets a favorable ruling for the Plaintiffs then the SC will hear it and reverse the ruling.

I haven't much faith in Judicial branch of government saving the day. Who will save us ATS??

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I haven't much faith in Judicial branch of government saving the day. Who will save us ATS??

I have zero faith in them now.
Who will save us, maybe no one.
After the SCOTUS, there is just the will of the American people to rise up and say that enough is enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
At the point the peaceful call for redress is ignored, what is left?

Time for some civil disobedience up in here...

So yes NSA, you anti-American, anti-freedom, tyrannous traitors I know you are listening.

Snowden is a hero, free speech is not free if people are afraid to express it.

So I will say it loud and constantly, your 4th amendment violations will not be tolerated forever, it's best you hear us now, before people see the NSA for what it really is.

The new KGB, SS. Anti freedom secret police that they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For starters, look who was arguing against the case, the Obama administration.. Obama is involved with every and anything that has do with infringing on our freedoms.

From what I read, this was a long shot since the US gov. or Verizon need to bring suit. The gov. obviously won't do squat, so this is in Verizon's court. So Verizon, with all your money do you care about your customers?

Tapping finger, well Verizon?
edit on 18-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
lol alright nevermind.

Good luck with folks.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join