It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoddy Pentagon accounting, trillions in errors

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Because if you screw with the IRS you go to jail. You screw with the DOD and their black budget projects you end up in a holding cell on the Nightmare Level in Dulce.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Hey, you have to give them a break, they have a huge job to do. Seriously taking care of the accounting and paying for all those weapons, the development programs and certainly all the people they employ would be a nightmare. You have to consider as well that it's easy to make mistakes when you have to have three sets of books to manage because you can't legally account for all the CIA drug money flowing out of South America, Mexico, the golden triangle and of course the new opium field acquisitions in Afghanistan or trying to hide the money they are paying off or getting from contractors and lobbyists. /sarcasm off?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Maybe we should be glad that they don't further waste our tax money on accountants? If their accounting is going to be this bad, what's the point? It's all rather like a magician with a rabbit, a hat and a fancy sleeve, with the occasional exciting music and hand-waving to distract the audience.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Aw, son of a, uh, erm, gun. I just applied for a DFAS accounting job. This is making me think thrice about whether that's a good idea or not.

I don't have patience for stupid, so gov't accounting may not be the best job track. Told my hubby he better save up bail $ for when I'm arrested for attempting to slap some common sense into someone.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

boncho
I don't get why this doesn't burn your average person more. Fill out the wrong line on a tax return and you might have people showing up to go through all of your records for years back, get penalties, possibly go to jail. Yet, same thing happens in government and people are kosher.

I don't get why this doesn't raise your ire as to what and who is exactly running the show, instead of believing it is just simple greed and corruption, ask yourself why they work so hard to hide it, and appear to be in a general state of fear to something , a something that is NOT THE PUBLIC.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh man, these guys would hate working in my shop.

I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Those figures are truly shocking, if the us is spending that money on black projects and secret programs it makes you wonder what their afraid of or preparing for. When you look how hard living is getting for the average American it seems they're getting royaly screwed over by the government. Just 5% of that cash would help so many normal citizens live a better life.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Those figures are truly shocking, if the us is spending that money on black projects and secret programs it makes you wonder what their afraid of or preparing for. When you look how hard living is getting for the average American it seems they're getting royaly screwed over by the government. Just 5% of that cash would help so many normal citizens live a better life.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

hellobruce

NorEaster
Uh oh. The last time we got news like this, the next morning two planes hit the WTC Towers, a 3rd plane hit the Pentagon and the 4th ditched in a PA farm field.

NorEaster
Uh oh. The LAST time we got news like this, the next morning two planes hit the WTC Towers, a 3rd plane hit the Pentagon and the 4th ditched in a PA farm field.

Very wrong actually, it was announced many times BEFORE that.

But do not let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory....
edit on 18-11-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

I don't quite see how anything in the 911myths document negates what NorEaster has said in this thread!

"Last time" and "Before that" (Bold/capitalization is mine) mean two completely different things!
edit on 19/11/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Pentagon Accounting Office , 1996.....

Captain Smith - " One for you , 12,564,875.43 for me .
One for you , 15,765,4673.76 for me ................

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

me too....me too

I'm serious

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

are you sure ?

thank God for you tube , the archive that will never lie

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So in a nutshell, the Pentagon has been approving trillions of dollars of purchases without proper documentation from private contractors and private accounting firms and the Pentagon have been fudging the numbers.

Isn't this how the Roman Empire fell? Feeding the mercenary military machine?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I caught this article earlier this morning and it is mind boggling. Literally my mind can not wrap around these numbers yet these people shrug it off like it is no big deal. A couple of billion or trillion dollars missing? Meh, no big deal. Let the average Joe miss a line on their tax return and we all know what happens. How on earth can any organization let alone a government, let alone the biggest government on planet earth, continue to operate in this manner? Seriously. WTF? That is about all I can say at this point. WTF. Complete loss of words. How have we not imploded yet? Maybe we have and we just don't realize it yet. Maybe the heart has stopped but the brain has not caught up yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by onkenmoose74

The government has built and is building an expansive underground infrastructure in the ozarks, that should tell you something about their motives.

edit on 19-11-2013 by phantomlord because: fixed youtube video

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I'm just disgusted with the entire mess. The banks are predators and taxation people with all their accountants are parasites, then the intel community, military and government are the parasites on the parasites. Anybody got some RAID?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think if you go back just day before 9/11 you may remember the absurd amount of money that went missing during the watch of George Bush Jr. It was to the tune of 2.3 trillion that could not be accounted for...they are all corrupt thieves...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

chrismarco
I think if you go back just day before 9/11 you may remember the absurd amount of money that went missing during the watch of George Bush Jr. It was to the tune of 2.3 trillion that could not be accounted for...they are all corrupt thieves...

If you had actually read this thread you would have seen the money was not missing, and it was announced months before 9/11....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

phantomlord
The government has built and is building an expansive underground infrastructure in the ozarks, that should tell you something about their motives.

Did you even bother to read the title of the video? It is a private facility, discussed here before....

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

boncho
I don't get why this doesn't burn your average person more. Fill out the wrong line on a tax return and you might have people showing up to go through all of your records for years back, get penalties, possibly go to jail. Yet, same thing happens in government and people are kosher.

I agree completely.
It's like there's a scale where if you steal from .01 cents to several thousand $ you go to jail.
But if you can steal millions or even billions you get promoted to a new office or a job at Goldman Sachs.
They say size matters, I guess it really does when it comes to theft.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join