It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos Erupts After Police Pull Over Minivan Filled With Kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Excessive force, yes... Both parties in the wrong, yes. Should police have reacted to the situation with gunfire, no.

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Be interesting to see what the 'pro police' people type about this, not being there myself, I will wait and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh boy.....another example of going overboard with the New Mexico state police.

I live on the Texas / New Mexico state line, so I am often in New Mexico. Texas cops are bad enough, but for some reason, they're just a bit worse in NM. I'm very careful with speeding in that state, because the speed limits are lower, and the cops are parked around every hill and desert bush, waiting to give you a ticket in order to generate the revenue that very financially poor state needs in order to survive.

Having said that.....It is obvious that this mother was terrified of getting busted for having paraphernalia in her vehicle. Had she been cool, admitted that she was speeding, and let the initial officer do his thing, this wouldn't have escalated. She screwed the pooch on this one and in her panic ran away. Stupid move, knowing how crazy cops are these days. The cops in NM basically want to generate revenue by giving out tickets, that's why they're there.

They have no clue how to react to escalating situations except by violence. This is the sick, sad truth of the matter. They're not the sharpest crayons in the box, and have a plethora of weapons at their disposal, combined with a chip on their shoulders.

This particular situation was an unfortunate set of circumstances which collided to make a very sad situation. The mother was an idiot, the son was a fool, and the cops were ridiculous idiots who became enraged because they weren't being obeyed. New Mexico state police have a big PR problem on their hands currently, and this only makes it worse. Both sides are wrong and guilty in this situation.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

LEO's are getting super-efficient.

A dangerous suspect and her accomplices were tried, judged and sentenced to death in approximately 10 seconds.

Will the heroes please step forward?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on amMondayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join