It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis - Do not be fooled by false messiahs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Pope Francis warns about substituting leaders of this world, for Jesus. I found that rather interesting. He especially warns the young people to be careful. Do not follow the leaders of the world who are charismatic when in fact they are evil in their hearts.

I can think of a few 'rock star' political world leaders who have bamboozled people and worked the people up into a frenzy. But I wonder if someone else is coming along and the Pope might know it??? hmmmm ....

Vatican Insider - Pope Francis - Do not be fooled by false messiahs

Today’s Gospel passage described how Jesus addressed the people of Jerusalem who were commenting on the temple and how beautiful it was and urged them to pay attention to the “real issues” and not to secondary aspects. The Pope highlighted the pertinence today of the words pronounced by the Son of God “even for us who live in the XXI century.” Francis called for “discernment” and urged faithful to “understand the difference between the spirit of the Lord and the spirit of evil.” “Take heed that you not be deceived. Many will come in my name," Francis said.

“Even today, in fact, there are false “saviours", who attempt to substitute leaders of this world, holy men , even sorcerers for Jesus, people who want to attract hearts and minds, especially of young people, to themselves. Jesus warns us: "Do not follow them". And the Lord also helps us to not be afraid when faced with wars, revolutions, but also to natural disasters, epidemics, Jesus frees us from fatalism and false apocalyptic visions.”

And then this second part was rather interesting. People have suffered all through history, of course. Suffered for being Christian .. and many suffered at the hands of Christians ... but he's not only reminding people to be wary of charismatic world leaders but also he's reminding people that there is going to be suffering and that everyone will suffer. Again .. I wonder if this is generic 'warnings' or if he knows something is coming. hmmm .....

“In the end, Jesus makes a promise that is a guarantee of victory: "By your perseverance you will secure your lives" (v.19). How much hope in these words! They are a reminder of the hope and patience, to be able to wait for the fruits of salvation certain, confident in the profound sense of life and of history,” the Pope said.

The trials and difficulties are part of a bigger picture, and the Lord, the Lord of history, leads all to its fulfilment. Despite the turmoil and disasters that affect the world, God’s plan of goodness and mercy will be fulfilled! And this is our hope. Travelling this road, the road of God, it will be accomplished.”

I wasn't sure if I should put this on the main conspiracy board or in the religion discussions.
So I put it here. I suppose it could go either place.
edit on 11/18/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That's funny, he could be speaking about himself.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

lonewolf19792000

I knew one of you fundamentalist types would say that.

AS FOR WHAT HE SAID .... beware false messiahs like the rock star type politicians ...
Those are good words of advice. Especially to the young crowd who got so easily
hyped up on Obama. What happens when someone comes along who can do magic
tricks and promises them the moon .... another false messiah, but this one might
be even more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Obama is nothing like a Messiah. He is a Lawyer.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It seems like Pope Francis tries to please everyone, what's so wrong with that? He's trying to create a better image for the church, and so far I'd say he's done a pretty damn good job.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't be fooled by the perverted religion known as, "American Christianity" and the false "profits"

In this sect, the teachings of the Bible are abandoned, cherry picked or subverted to support the sustaining values of American imperialism.

1. Claim dominion over everything and everyone on the Earth in God's name.
2. Indiscriminate use of violence to achieve commercial objectives. Use of torture for terrorism.
3. Glorification of "mercenary" as a career choice.
4. Abandoning of humanitarian conscience in lieu of selfish materialism
5. Adopting narcissism in lieu of spiritual awareness.
6. Claiming racial birthright within the sect.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Don't be fooled by the perverted religion known as, "American Christianity" and the false "profits"

In this sect, the teachings of the Bible are abandoned, cherry picked or subverted to support the sustaining values of American imperialism.

1. Claim dominion over everything and everyone on the Earth in God's name.
2. Indiscriminate use of violence to achieve commercial objectives. Use of torture for terrorism.
3. Glorification of "mercenary" as a career choice.
4. Abandoning of humanitarian conscience in lieu of selfish materialism
5. Adopting narcissism in lieu of spiritual awareness.
6. Claiming racial birthright within the sect.

Boom.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

to be rude - he really means - only listen to us [ the church ] , isn't that sickeningly predictable ?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

AS FOR WHAT HE SAID .... beware false messiahs like the rock star type politicians ...
tricks and promises them the moon .... another false messiah, but this one might
be even more dangerous.

But that's the point! Francis could very well be a superstar politician on his way to become a savior. DIdja looked at all his groundbreaking stances since he took office?

I dunno, if we stick to biblical perspective, he COULD be a major false prophet, or THE false prophet.

Look at the facts.. he's:

- the first Jesuit pope. Jesuits are an illegitimate military order, created by the founder of the Spanish Illuminati, that's got a thick record of political and economic manipulation, to the point of having been outlawed for a few decades by the Church.
- sitting on a city of seven hills (Rome)
- the last pope, "Pietrus Romanus", according to Malachy's prophecy
- Power was transferred to him, since the last pope resigned, instead of ruling 'til death

edit on 18/11/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Perhaps we do not yet are in apocalyptic times, perhaps Francis is the good guy he seems to be. But just consider those few facts.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Well, if anyone has the authority to speak on behalf of God himself, wouldn't it be the Pope? Contextually speaking, of course. My only endorsement in this matter is of the Pope's humanitarian revolution of the Vatican.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Make no mistake about it ,that when Jesus returns ,every one will both see and know who He is ..before that though the anti-Christ will deceive many .....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Had to give you a starr for that one lol

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm not sure that I'd read too much into it -- yesterday's Gospel reading at Mass was the eschatological bit from Luke 21, and that's why Francis said what he did.

It's a bit amusing, and a bit depressing, that people automatically chime in to denounce the Pope, just because he's the Pope. His message wasn't "follow the church", it was "follow Christ", and yet some feel the need to sow disharmony within the Christian community, even when the message is something that every Christian should agree with.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Very true.

Adding to that the idea of "a Nation under God"...

Not only false (USA was never founded on Christian principles, but Enlightement-era humanist ideals), but also completely pretentious and exceptionalist. So all the rest of the world was not under God, before the US came to be!? How messed up that is... we can see where all those insane preachers (false prophets) come from.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

lonewolf19792000

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If someone with a bit of charisma where to be made manifest on the world stage and had the attitude of "lets stick it up the current bankster establishment and change the world for the better, for the people" I think that what the pope said would go in one ear and straight out the other.

The world is a mess - people would lap up Jesus 2.0. (aka iJesus)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan

lonewolf19792000

be even more dangerous.

I used to have a friend in South America. The pope visited her area and she was able to see him in person, herself and her family knelt down, they cried, they prayed. Why were the people kneeling to this man? Even angels in many scriptures said do not kneel down to me but only god.

She said, "He was soooo beautiful". He does not discourage this and there is no reason he should be called eminence or Father

What do I call the pope?

Address him as "Your Holiness" or "Holy Father."xt

Why would you make an idol of his ring? The ring could feed a small country.

Matthew 23:8-10
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 Do not be called [a]leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.

Do I kiss the ring?

Yes, if you are Catholic and the pope offers his hand. If you're not Catholic, you can opt to shake his hand. That's what President Bush did on Tuesday when he met the pope at Andrews Air Force Base outside of Washington, D.C. The ring is a mark of the papacy and, according to Smith, kissing it is a sign of respect and affection.

Revelation 22

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw all these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. 9But he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!”

edit on 18-11-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The ring is a mark of the papacy and, according to Smith, kissing it is a sign of respect and affection.

Worship only God!

Unless English is your second language, you should be well aware that "respect and affection" and "worship" are two significantly different actions, so by your own quoted material, your claim that Catholics worship the Pope is an invalid one.

Now, I don't know what religion you profess, but as a Roman Catholic, I believe that intentionally misrepresenting others is sinful behaviour, called "lying". There's even a pesky Commandment against it. So you might want to review your materials, your morality, and rethink whether lying about others is really in the best interests of whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Uh…no! No place in the post did Charlie refer to catholics worshiping the pope. Jump the gun on that one much??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join