It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank Offers the Philippines 500m loan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

As government officials and aid workers struggled to reach communities devastated by Typhoon Haiyan 11 days ago, the World Bank has offered the Philippines a $500-million emergency loan to help it construct buildings able to withstand high winds and severe flooding.

“We are committed to supporting the government in its effort to recover and rebuild, and to help Filipinos strengthen their resilience against increasingly frequent extreme weather events,” said World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim said in a statement on Monday. The bank did not offer details on the terms of the offer or when funds would be distributed.

World Bank Offers the Philippines 500m loan.

Make sure you read the fine print philippines. 500m today sounds like being offered beads for land, more so when coming from the world bank.

I fixed the last sentence from the snippit
"The bank did not offer details on the terms of the offer or when funds would be distributed to rich people not devistated by the disaster."

It's good to see that these people are getting more help, but I'm very skeptical about anything involving the world bank. And the devil strikes when your at your weakest, no?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Yet another country under the thumb of the world bank....

Oh ya... that will turn out great...

Welcome to the club I suppose

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

only loan?

any financial institution cannot be trusted.

it would make life in Phillipine complicated (in the future) because of that emergency debt.

peace.

edit on 18-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ah the world bank doing what it does best, wait till they are weak and pick them off with a "friendly" gesture.

Good luck with the repairs Philippines, try to watch out for this old hyena....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Charming.

Just about everyone is GIVING aid to them, to the tune of multi-millions but the world bank wants to LOAN them money?

What a lovely gesture of Human goodwill...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaedur

Anyone who's read Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine" knows there are going to be all sorts of strings attached. Some rich kids probably want some of that prime beachfront property that's been conveniently "cleansed" of it's former residents so they can build some 5 star resorts.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
World Bank: Hello, we're terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune. We have just the thing for ya!!

Philippines: Yes, yes, much death everywhere. Nothing to work with and more dying all the time, we're desperate! Help!

World Bank: It just so happens, we have some spare cash with nothing better to spend it on ..and you happen to qualify!

Philippines: Qualify??

World Bank: Yes! You're the lucky winner of a Half Billion dollar LOAN. Not a grant or aid package, a loan! We wouldn't want you feeling like it was charity or anything! It'll just take you 100 years to pay to off.

Philippines: Well.. Uhh.. Actually.. See... We can manage.....

World Bank: Ahh! That's it then. We'll have the money in your account soon and don't worry about a signature, the world knows you want it, even if you don't know it yet! Have a good day! (click)

.....and another nation is one step deeper into debt they can never pay, for a thing they couldn't control, while being exploited without shame.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

John Perkins himself couldn't have put it better Wrabbit.
I suppose the Philippines can expect a courtesy call from the men in dark suits and shades soon once it has defaulted....... Mmmm let me see now, you can't seem to be able to pay us back.... never mind, I know, why don't you let us have........ or access to.... or build a .........

"Another one bites the dust"

It's not even as if they aren't up to their necks already...

www.philstar.com...
edit on 18-11-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: additional info

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Philippines leader: Well... that was weird

Some bank just gave us half a billion dollars... I guess we're gonna be ok

Philippines council: Hey that's great... how generous of them... Who doesn't like free money

Philippines leader: Well they said it was a loan

Philippines Council: uhhh....... Did they mention an interest rate?

Philippines leader: Umm... no that wasn't mentioned...

Philippines Council: uh oh

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
World Bank: Hello, we're terribly sorry to hear about your misfortune. We have just the thing for ya!!

Philippines: Yes, yes, much death everywhere. Nothing to work with and more dying all the time, we're desperate! Help!

World Bank: It just so happens, we have some spare cash with nothing better to spend it on ..and you happen to qualify!

Philippines: Qualify??

World Bank: Yes! You're the lucky winner of a Half Billion dollar LOAN. Not a grant or aid package, a loan! We wouldn't want you feeling like it was charity or anything! It'll just take you 100 years to pay to off.

Philippines: Well.. Uhh.. Actually.. See... We can manage.....

World Bank: Ahh! That's it then. We'll have the money in your account soon and don't worry about a signature, the world knows you want it, even if you don't know it yet! Have a good day! (click)

.....and another nation is one step deeper into debt they can never pay, for a thing they couldn't control, while being exploited without shame.

Very well put Wrabbit, that is the very first thing that popped into my mind when I read the headline...

LOAN?!? WTF is wrong with this world!!! Appocalypse please arrive so this will finally end! **I don't really want the End to arrive but I feel that is the only way that things my improve on this planet of ours...ooops theirs!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

LOl exactly. The Cruise / Resourt indistry might end up owning all the beachfront property, no?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They do not need a loan, they need help. I wrote a post not long ago and no one wanted to chime in.www.abovetopsecret.com... Just to say again , all someone needs is a plane ticket and hands.org will show you the rest I would hope. I am not a member or owner or something , just a person with enough time on their hands that just might be put to good use in our world.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by Vaedur

Charming.

Just about everyone is GIVING aid to them, to the tune of multi-millions but the world bank wants to LOAN them money?

What a lovely gesture of Human goodwill...

Ah yes, foreign aid, also known as: Method of paying off governments to make you look autistic. Also see: Method of foreign government powers to issue aid spending to their family members (companies.)

"What's that dear brother, you just set up a typhoon repair company, YESTERDAY? My god, what luck!"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Halliburton and cronies will get the contracts to build. This is tragic.

top topics

join