It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iranian drone? (Fotros?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Iran unveils drone which can reach Israel As part of string of unconfirmed technological announcements, Islamic Republic claims to have manufactured new unmanned aircraft, capable of traveling as far as Israel, staying in air for up to 30 hours

www.ynetnews.com...

If this is capable of flying over Israel i wonder how long they will put up with that for? Seems the Iranians have several drone programs on the go as well given the way new ones keep appearing at frequent intervals lately?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I wonder if this is hype or not.

A one thousand mile range drone may not sound much but if real they could very realistically strike almost anonymously in the area.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

Looks very similar to the US drones..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well they need something to protect themselfs from the agressive and destructive forces from us in the west and unpredicatbale and war hungrey Isreal!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's a nice looking bird. Won't do much as far as offensive ops go, but nice bird.

What I always find funny is that their warnings on their UAVs are always in English. Like this one, on the tail booms, it clearly says "Warning Propeller".
edit on 11/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The mock up missile on its wing looks familar, are we led to beleive that Iran also has an effective strike capability from its drone - so thats a laser designator and laser guided ATGM as well as advanced optics and comms link.

Do Iran have any sattelites, im not sure what the Earths curvature is over 1000miles but I suspect the range is useless without real time comms.

Unless of course Irans autonomous capability is smarter than ummm...Iranians.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IamSirDrinksalot

Here is a video of one of the IRAF drones shooting air to ground missiles. There isn't any reason to believe that they couldn't do it. They have help from other sources.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sanctions are really hurting them right? Right?

Oh right, sanctions aren't designed to hurt the government, just the people. Wonder who the real terrorists are...

But keep doing that to countries instead of working with them, I mean the US et al., need to create enemies in order to keep funding their military.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Lots of their allies have satellites.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sammamishman

Here is a video of one of the IRAF drones shooting air to ground missiles. There isn't any reason to believe that they couldn't do it. They have help from other sources.

www.youtube.com...

You are having a laugh arent you!

The thing struggles to take off without missiles, it slams into the deck without even the pylons attached. The dubious looking camera at the front may look like star Saffire or some system but the grainy black and white footage of a laser targetting a car could be anything (looks like a KA-50 footage).

I dont think they can afford to strap a pod on the front of that thing, did you see its landing.

There were no missile strikes, no missile separation shots, its a piece of crap, just like the lates piece.

They are a funny lot.
edit on 19-11-2013 by IamSirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

superman2012

Lots of their allies have satellites.

Like who?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

China. Russia.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Russia and China would almost certainly not allow the Iranians to use their satellites to strike Israel, imagine the provocation from Israel and the US would create. It would be ww3.
For example Russia is trying its best to avoid even arm Syria with S-300 systems despite Israel openly attacking the country with their air-strikes for no valid reason.

Lets say Russia and China were in on the plan, why would they use such a untested airframe as opposed to much more advanced drones they own?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by phantom150

And how would the US know that they were using their satellites? There are other ways they could fake using a satellite for control and no one would ever know.

I guess if this is a POS then so is the ScanEagle (they copied that one and it's operational), and the Heron (which this one reminds me of), as well as the others that they've gotten their hands on and engineered.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Zaphod58

China. Russia.

And would they allow them use of them for strikes? Great way to lose some satellites, and be involved in a war they probably don't want to be involved in.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

How are we going to prove that Iran is using them?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Zaphod58

How are we going to prove that Iran is using them?

There's a lot that can be done that I don't know how they do it. They would know that Iran does not have the capability, and that an ally had to have given them help, that should narrow their search down.

Perhaps they can't prove it, perhaps they can, I would tend to think they can find the satellite. Proving it was allowed to happen rather than Iran "hijacked" the satellite would be hard to prove. The easy answer is you just destroy the satellite, and tell Russia/China blame Iran, if they did it without permission that is an act of war against you, so you should be wanting to retaliate.
edit on 20-11-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

16-30 hours flight time? Nobody really sure then?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Could Iran just use a high flying aircraft for relay without using anyone's satellites? Granted they wouldn't be able to make it to Israel (650 miles aprox.) but they could get out to about 300 miles past their borders with a relay aircraft at FL600 in their own airspace.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Plant a couple forward stationed fake control stations. No one knows you're using a satellite, unless they fly right through the uplink signal and can determine it's fake. But you can broadcast a fake signal too, and you'd never be able to prove anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join