It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke Responds to Mainstream Media Smear Attempt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by OneManArmy

www.mirror.co.uk...

Read the comment section. This story sure got all the people riled up...just days before a new show comes out about this very topic of media corruption...after he has been losing popularity?

Yeah right.

Bull#.
edit on 18-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

Sure. They are trying to smear him before the show comes out. Before the new channel gets started.

Whats hard to comprehend? I am more than puzzled by some of the responses in this thread!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

LOL smear him? The Daily Mirror is a TABLOID.

The only thing this article did was promote his new show and rile people up in support of it. I am saddened that so many can't connect the dots on something so obvious.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

OrphanApology

www.mirror.co.uk...

Read the comment section. This story sure got all the people riled up...just days before a new show comes out about this very topic of media corruption...after he has been losing popularity?

Yeah right.

Bull#.

Sure. They are trying to smear him before the show comes out. Before the new channel gets started.

Whats hard to comprehend? I am more than puzzled by some of the responses in this thread!

You need to understand how publicity works and the depths some people will go to get their names being talked about.
Im not condemning Icke YET. The timing is very suspicious, I will have to see some credible evidence that this is a contrived story timed to boost ickes popularity.

The 2 biggest sells are sex and controversy. This falls into the controversy category.
It could be a well timed and contrived story to make it look like Icke sanctioned the story to make himself relevant again, even if its bad publicity. But by the very act of using the death of a boy for your own promotion is very sick, its very poor taste. Which has me leaning more to this being a hit piece disguised as a sick contrived publicity stunt(purely by the timing).

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

OrphanApology

LOL smear him? The Daily Mirror is a TABLOID.

The only thing this article did was promote his new show and rile people up in support of it. I am saddened that so many can't connect the dots on something so obvious.

Because they are trying to discredit him in the alernative world and the daily mirror is precisely that source to do it at. Why would they smear him on BBC where no one takes him seriously enough?

He is planning to come out with a new show, and just coincidently the daily mirror is trying to pin a death on him, suppossedly that his views are wicked/dangerous and that he should be ignored from now on.

2+2=4? Come on, its not rocket science. I find it offensive that shills are trying to turn it around and make it look like icke is seeking publicity. He never had a huge following to begin with and I dont think he plans to try to convince everyone of his far out ideas. Some will believe but most wont. Just like AA theory isnt taken seriously either.
edit on 18/11/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by newsaddict

David Icke is a great many things, including a gigantic jackass, an intellectual non-entity, and a total charlatan, but he does not deserve this crap. Nobody deserves the sort of media smear that appears to be in the pipes right now.

It is deeply unfortunate in my opinion, because the way I see it, he has invalidated himself on so many occasions that a campaign of this magnitude is surely unnecessary in any case. All that such a thing could do, is add to his mystique and make him appear more interesting to the psychologically malformed halfwits who follow his "reptilian" nonsense, without the merest shred of scientific evidence to back it.

Honestly, he may be a decrepit lackwit, who should have shuffled off into obscurity like any former footballer worth a damn, but the way the print media are cutting into the fellow makes me feel sorry for the bloke, and I cannot stand the man!

I to had a belief that Icke invalidated himself but if much of what he says is paranoid BS then
why has the media gone to such great lengths to smear him? Now I am not so sure!
I have always considered myself to have an open mind and critical reasoning skills
but even with this type of thought processes it is not so easy to tell fiction from
fact! Now I will have to take Ickes ideas with the possibility that he is giving a factual
revelation of our society, no matter how crazy they may sound! After all the world thought
men like Pythagoras, Copernicus, Galileo and Columbus were all crazy for thinking the
world was round and now we all know that these men were visionaries with ideas beyond
the scope of those around them! So maybe Icke may in fact be a visionary who sees the
world beyond the scope of our limited capabilities! I hope he is wrong on much of what
he says but just maybe! Who knows!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Look at the comments section of the article. There are no people saying how terrible David Icke is. You know why? The article is aimed at his fans, who then rallied behind him and against the terrible media corruption. Which he just so happens to be about to release a show on...

Give me a break.

Cmon guys. Look at this particular "reporter" and her articles. She does promotion pieces. This is the only article that paints someone in a bad light(not even that bad really if you read the article makes the guy who died out to be a soul seeking hero).

The whole thing is a promotion piece designed to look like a smear campaign days before this guys show is released about media corruption. I bet you tuned into it too. Congratulations.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Really, i would never of guessed that you did not like him.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Icke and Rolf Harris should do a roadshow togther.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

OrphanApology

www.mirror.co.uk...

Yeah right.

Bull#.

Because the comments are made by people visiting the site. Can you please point to where he is being 'smeared' by the Mirror in the actual article?

Not a fan of Icke, or the Daily Mirror come to that, but this just seems like Icke grabbing hold of what he may see as free publicity.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

My son’s David Icke obsession killed him but I’m proud that he made his own choices.

Susan Monrose believes son Luke drowned attempting to achieve the “astral projection” expounded by Icke, who says he is the son of God.

The title itself????

Or this.

Since he hinted he might be the son of God, insisted on wearing turquoise and explained how the world is run by lizards, David Icke has been a national laughing stock.

But to distraught mum Susan Monrose there’s nothing remotely amusing about the former sports presenter turned conspiracy theorist.

Did you bother read the article?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

MrSpad
Honestly this is the lizard people guy, nobody in the main stream will ever take him serious why would the bother to smear him?

Quoted for truth.

Some of ole Davey's things are "wow, really" (banking fraud and such) and then the rest of it is "wow, really you said that" (the lizard people etc).

He's like Bill Cooper, another who was more wrong than right with an adoring fan base that never noticed the wrong and always extolled the few rights. Their zealots overlook the preposterous, but that is the nature of zealotry---not using your mind.

Derek

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

My son’s David Icke obsession killed him but I’m proud that he made his own choices.

Susan Monrose believes son Luke drowned attempting to achieve the “astral projection” expounded by Icke, who says he is the son of God.

The title itself????

Or this.

Since he hinted he might be the son of God, insisted on wearing turquoise and explained how the world is run by lizards, David Icke has been a national laughing stock.

But to distraught mum Susan Monrose there’s nothing remotely amusing about the former sports presenter turned conspiracy theorist.

Did you bother read the article?

Deny ignorance.

Deny ignorance? lol, are you? The title is a quote directly from the mother who talks about his obsession with Icke. Assuming this was the case (a sad thing to be obsessed with), then the title is absolutely factually correct. Again, what's your issue? Where is the smear there, as others have pointed out, this sounds more like a publicity budget sponsored piece from the offices of Icke.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
Or this.

No smear there, Icke did claim to be the son of god, did insist on wearing turquoise.... does claim the world is run by lizards and is a national laughing stock.

So where is the smear?

This is really just a Icke promotion for his new tv show.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You are kidding I hope!

No, icke would never tell anyone to go drown themselves.

Give me a break!

Its like trying to pin deaths on the second amendment crowd, rather than on sick people having access to guns.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

uncommitted
Where is the smear there, as others have pointed out, this sounds more like a publicity budget sponsored piece from the offices of Icke.

Could you quote where in the article that they are advertising Ickes new tv show?
I cant see it.
Actually I cannot find anything in their archive that paints Icke in a positive light.

Source

I suppose his criticism of the london olympic opening ceremony was to push his new tv show too?

Its obvious to me that the Mirror isnt Ickes friend.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 18 Nov 2013 17:30:39 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

You are kidding I hope!

No, icke would never tell anyone to go drown themselves.

Give me a break!

Its like trying to pin deaths on the second amendment crowd, rather than on sick people having access to guns.

I hope you are joking. Where does it say he told anyone to drown themselves? Can you show that as being explicitly said - those very words?

ETA: I have just re-read the article, at no point does it say what you are saying the article says, it has a quote from his mother that says -

"“But to get into a deep, cold lake at night – not many people would be brave enough to do that. He wasn’t stupid, or crazy or mad. He felt if he had survived he would have had information that would have helped us all.

"People who survive near-death experience say when they come back they have a renewed sense of purpose in life."

www.mirror.co.uk...

But even then the mother does not say that Icke said that, but that Icke does talk about near death experiences.

Nice to try and make comments fit your agenda, but I'm afraid this is a try too hard.
edit on 18-11-2013 by uncommitted because: as per ETA above

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So they waited how long to report this?

Because it was originally reported on 30 OCT.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ce.html

www.uknewsday.com... -death-experience.html

But Mirror waited for the Voice to start to report on this? 16th Nov.

Yea, Right!

"Cornwall's Coroners' Court heard Mr Monrose was obsessed with aliens and theories about the afterlife, as well as being an avid follower of conspiracy theorist David Icke."

What if he was a member at ATS? would that be why he did it? stupid papers are only good for one thing..
Fuel..
edit on 18-11-2013 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

OneManArmy

uncommitted
Where is the smear there, as others have pointed out, this sounds more like a publicity budget sponsored piece from the offices of Icke.

Could you quote where in the article that they are advertising Ickes new tv show?
I cant see it.
Actually I cannot find anything in their archive that paints Icke in a positive light.

Source

I suppose his criticism of the london olympic opening ceremony was to push his new tv show too?

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmMon, 18 Nov 2013 17:30:39 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Can't say I am here to defend the Mirror, but as others have pointed out, the timing is certainly interesting. I couldn't really care less about what he had to say about the Olympics - is there any reason his opinion on that would have any importance at all?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

uncommitted

OneManArmy

uncommitted

I cant see it.

Source

Can't say I am here to defend the Mirror, but as others have pointed out, the timing is certainly interesting. I couldn't really care less about what he had to say about the Olympics - is there any reason his opinion on that would have any importance at all?

Like I said, there has been no article in the mirror that "sells" david icke.

They are not his friend.
The only thing that stinks about this article is the timing. And thats not the hardest thing in the world to engineer if you are trying to discredit david icke.
David Ickes "fans" do not need to be informed of his upcoming tv show, they already know about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by cayrichard

Icke is a weaver of tales, one of those tedious buggers who insists on trying to make mythology out of modern events, cheapening both the past, and the reality of the present by so doing. He has never, not once, uttered a single peice of original research, that was not the product of a bastardisation between one theory written or concocted by someone else, and another.

He is neither original, nor intellectually capable of actually having a thought entirely of his own, and for a person such as him to consider his opinion of any worth what so ever, speaks only to his vast ego.

He has no game. Thats just how it is. It does not matter one iota how many rampant followers he has, or what their professional qualifications are, or how much money he might make at what he does, because it cannot change the fact that things which he has stated as fact, are by no means proven, or indeed provable, and that is the marker of a person that I would not urinate on to extinguish, were he to be on fire...

None of which excuses the terrible treatment he is currently recieving in the media.

What about the prediction of Jimmy Saville years before it came out,where did he weave that tale together?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join