It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke Responds to Mainstream Media Smear Attempt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

In what appears to be an increasing trend across the western corporate media, another researcher investigating the globalist agenda has become the target of yet another smear campaign.

Today David Icke, the UK’s most prominent and outspoken activist, is the subject of a report in The Daily Mirror tabloid over the death of a young man, Luke Monrose, who tragically drowned in Cornwall last May.

It's disgusting that the mainstream media has stopped to such a low level.

As Icke states, he has never encouraged or suggested that people jump into cold lakes.

It looks like a hit piece, it smells like a hit piece, so it probably is a hit piece.

Absolutely outrageous.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Of course it's a hit piece. Anyone with an alternative view is usually dealt with in this way. Smear away I say, people are waking up and they are running scared.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Agreed, it certainly is a sign that the alt media is becoming a threat.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by newsaddict

David Icke is a great many things, including a gigantic jackass, an intellectual non-entity, and a total charlatan, but he does not deserve this crap. Nobody deserves the sort of media smear that appears to be in the pipes right now.

It is deeply unfortunate in my opinion, because the way I see it, he has invalidated himself on so many occasions that a campaign of this magnitude is surely unnecessary in any case. All that such a thing could do, is add to his mystique and make him appear more interesting to the psychologically malformed halfwits who follow his "reptilian" nonsense, without the merest shred of scientific evidence to back it.

Honestly, he may be a decrepit lackwit, who should have shuffled off into obscurity like any former footballer worth a damn, but the way the print media are cutting into the fellow makes me feel sorry for the bloke, and I cannot stand the man!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Damn those reptilians and their MSM, is there no end to their slippery slander?

It's not Icke's fault; what the dead man did was incredibly stupid and dangerous, the only person to blame for this tragedy is the victim himself. Icke might have some bizarre theories, but he doesn't deserve to be made a scapegoat so some 'journalist' can justify her salary.

But that's the modern press for you, grasping at straws. By their logic Bjork should be held responsible for her stalkers suicide.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is all well and good but be prepared for freedom to be smeared.....

Its disgusting how routine this sort of thing is and while its targeting minority views, the masses wont care. I remeber when we were "greater than the sum of our parts", seems to be all "too many cooks spoil the broth" now

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
idunno i have seen some pretty lizard looking folks they're either just ugly, or reptilians perticularly the pug ugly ones who are really popular yet their personality doesn't even seem approachable and at the same time they get to be homecoming queen or a cheerleader. nothing i think i take seriously so it's not like i care for opinion but sometimes i do wonder about reptilians being an explaination for such quantum fuchups

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

newsaddict
Funny, I read that link and it talks about a smear attempt but gives no details.

What it does do is give a link to Icke's new project. Could this be some viral marketing for Icke's new project? Or if not, where are the details of this story, because they aren't in that link. They mention the guy who drowned, but they don't specify what his death allegedly had to do with Icke, they don't specify which media wrote which attacks and on which dates, etc or if they did I missed it.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Here's a link to the aforementioned article:

Daily Mirror Article

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I've found people fall into two camps when it comes to Icke.
He is great and speaks the truth, you just don't get it or
Charlatan, scam artist, asks questions and gives very few answers, speaks in a way you have read between lines that two different people can take away two different opinions on it.

I suppose there is a third camp as I listen to what he has to say but nothing makes me a believer.

That said, it's certainly a hit piece if it's happened how it was portrayed in the article,
subtle, subliminal jibes. It's seems an odd tie together of two non connected entities, so the author probably has an axe to grind.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by newsaddict

David Icke is a great many things, including a gigantic jackass, an intellectual non-entity, and a total charlatan, but he does not deserve this crap. Nobody deserves the sort of media smear that appears to be in the pipes right now.

the bloke, and I cannot stand the man!

Second that. No one of sane means takes anything Davids Icke sais for real. The man is a fake with a big F, but he doesn´t deserve such a public hanging. Me thinks he pissed someone off at some party with journalists & Co.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Honestly this is the lizard people guy, nobody in the main stream will ever take him serious why would the bother to smear him?

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I tend to disagree. He has a great following even among very educated people. He has tried for decades to explain why we as a race of people with emotions both good and bad, born with a capacity to love and care for each other continue to behave like barbarians. To the best of my knowledge he was one of the frontrunners trying to wake us up when nobody believed there was a very powerful elite operating in secrecy, making economic slaves of western society through the creation and manipulation of fiat money. Even business schools avoided getting into this area yet here David Icke was exposing this years ago.
Although I do find some of his theories hard to believe, most are found in ancient mysticism and mythology. Remember the Sumerians showed accurate depictions of the arrangement of the planets around the sun that we couldn't figure out until the last century. They codified it over 2000 BC. I think that Icke is saying open your mind to the possibilities.
Today we have governments that will not acknowledge that UFO's exist. Thousands, if not millions of people have seen them and many have been abducted. Implants of very rare materials attached to nerve ganglia with no evidence of rejection have been removed from some abductees. It is hard to believe that UFO's do not exist yet they have a security classification much higher than nukes. There is clearly interaction between them and us. What are they; interdimensional beings, interplanetary beings, fallen angels? Are they benevolent or malevolent. Many abductees talk about extraction of genetic materials and hybridization programs which would not bode well for our species. What I am saying is there are things going on that we are unable to explain and Icke tries to weave mythology into what we are observing today.
It is MSM who is infantile and who lack credibility. No wonder. they have to be, to capture an audience that wastes hours and hours viewing trash. Little by little they are losing relevance and credibility even among the bread and circus crowd. They are in a desperate attempt to try and marginalize alternative media sources, like Icke, who have attacked the shortcomings of MSM as it relates to issues like war and banking that imprison and control all of us. MSM is in a desperate effort to try and marginalize people like Icke. Rabbi Shlomo Riskin said "when you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius, when you are two steps ahead you are a crackpot".

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I has to be the reptilians. They are to blame for this.
Shapeshifting reptilians.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Icke does not deserve this. Then again, the media never care who they are talking about. All they care about is selling papers. They don't care who gets hurt, innocent or not. To do their job, you have to be a very cold person.

As for icke himself, even though he has said some stuff i find hard to believe, he does make alot of sense on many others things.

Im tired of people saying "he is doing this for the money" what rubbish. I truely believe he believes what he is saying. You are talking about a man who was famous in the uk before he went down this path. He was a well known sports presenter. So, he gave that all up, on the off chance he could make money, while being laughed at by the whole nation for years. I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Cobaltic1978
Of course it's a hit piece. Anyone with an alternative view is usually dealt with in this way. Smear away I say, people are waking up and they are running scared.

you nailed it and that's really the problem with the mainstream today. TPTB (hate using that term for some reason) have tried to program everyone to think that if your opinion is not theirs, you are a raving lunatic. To me, Icke has some off the wall thoughts, but he also is for people trying to wake up so this type of thing is to be expected.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cayrichard

Icke is a weaver of tales, one of those tedious buggers who insists on trying to make mythology out of modern events, cheapening both the past, and the reality of the present by so doing. He has never, not once, uttered a single peice of original research, that was not the product of a bastardisation between one theory written or concocted by someone else, and another.

He is neither original, nor intellectually capable of actually having a thought entirely of his own, and for a person such as him to consider his opinion of any worth what so ever, speaks only to his vast ego.

He has no game. Thats just how it is. It does not matter one iota how many rampant followers he has, or what their professional qualifications are, or how much money he might make at what he does, because it cannot change the fact that things which he has stated as fact, are by no means proven, or indeed provable, and that is the marker of a person that I would not urinate on to extinguish, were he to be on fire...

None of which excuses the terrible treatment he is currently recieving in the media.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

MrSpad
Honestly this is the lizard people guy, nobody in the main stream will ever take him serious why would the bother to smear him?

That's the question.

If he is nuts, a fraud, dilusional etc. there'd be no reason to attack him after all these years...therefore, he's probably not quite as nuts, not such a fraud and probably not as delusional as many on this board think he is.

Like they don't order out the riot police for someone refusing to pay 50p for coffee at a pensioners coffee morning, they don't write hit pieces attacking Icke whose been around for decades and is generally ignored by the mainstream...unless the pensioner has an uzi or Icke is onto something of course.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Simon1967
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Here's a link to the aforementioned article:

Daily Mirror Article

After reading the article it seems to me the brother is at fault for neglegant homicide. He knew what the deceased was doing. He was given a note to give to the mother if he had not returned at a specific time period, the afternoon. The brother waited until 8pm, well after dark, to give the note... not to mention never checking on the him.

Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
None of this is any skin off Mr. Ickes back. Persecution of Icke will do nothing but solidify his following, and add pounds to his bank account. This journalist is doing Icke a favor. My only question is, are they friends, or is he paying this person?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join