It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want My Vote Back - Movement To Reclaim Obama Election Votes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sorry Obama, the Americans citizens didn't vote for you to get the Obama-care plans they we have now. We were promised lower prices and getting to keep our insurance, and we got the exact opposite. So using your very own tactics, I am revoking my vote for your presidency also. I promised to vote for and support you, but well, the contract was a bit too complicated for me to go into detail. Here is how it was actually worded.

I promise to vote for and support Obama, but only if he gives us what he promised. Otherwise my vote is null and void.

A note from Elouina - Although I personally supported Obama in 2008, I did not in 2012. But this doesn't mean that I can't start a movement for Americans to reclaim their votes.

So today marks the beginning of the, " I want my vote back", movement. If congress can't do their job, then we will do it for them. Everyone, spread the word! We can do it!

edit on 18-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Four fings....

1. You are an awesome contributor to ATS and I totally respect that.

2. This........

3. What led you to believe that your vote actually counted or meant anything?

4. LOL.

edit on 18-11-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I can't imagine the courage it took for you to admit that you voted for Obama.
Really. I did not, but I would be hard pressed to ever admit it if I did. It's a shame so many people have to feel so bad about who they voted for. I am not being sarcastic at all. It is a tragedy and if more people admitted they made a mistake then maybe there would be less people walking around blind to what he is doing. I think a lot of folks that voted for him choose NOT to see the wrong he is doing because they don't want to admit that they made a mistake.

We all make mistakes. If more admit it maybe they can retrieve their n*ts from their dixie cups and start getting pissed off enough to ask for some answers and some remedies.

Since I can't ask for my vote back... then I want my country back.
edit on 11/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
odins raven guide us

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Because our teachers tell us our vote counts.

lol

I don't think it counts either, but don't tell the teachers that.

We live in democratic society. Don't you know.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Welllll.........technically, you actually live in a Constitutional Republic, not a democratic society.

So you are in a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

Technically that does not happen either so you are fluxed - big time.

NB: I do appreciate that you were being sarcastic.
edit on 18-11-2013 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

In order to get our country back, we need to vote OUT the 'career politicians':

Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Charles Rangel, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Diane Feinstein, Maxine Waters, John Conyers, Patrick Leahy, Orrin Hatch, Mitch McConnell, Joe Lieberman, etc. etc.

Well, you get the picture.

Until we get rid of them, our country won't never be right.

*People from those states, vote for the other guy!!!! *

edit on 18-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I would bet at least one person older than you tried to explain what would happen if you voted for "THIS" and you argued with them with passion... because someone taught you to.

It is too bad you did not have a grandparent that invited you to go on a fun vacation during "voting time"

It is amusing how you all are back here complaining about something you supported before.

We tried to tell you.....

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

star for that one i'm voting for jesse ventura

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

rockoperawriter

star for that one i'm voting for jesse ventura

Sounds good to me !!!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I'm beginning to believe that when you vote on the "voting machine" - you should be given an authorized paper ballot saying, and double checking, that who you voted for was counted.

The same if you "mailed in" your ballot -

Then after the "official" count is released - a Second "official count" of the paper ballots should be released -

And of course, you should show ID to show that you are a citizen of the USA, and that you only voted once.

Our elections are a sham anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
One thing Obama has done exceptionally well at.

Teaching young and naive voters that yes all politicians are out to screw you.

So thank you Obama for smacking the people upside the head who bought into your hope and change bs with cold hard reality.

Single handedly teaching a fresh generation why it's called political theater...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What about reclaiming the votes which rigged the senate against him, and caused the gridlock which allowed your government to shutdown? That might have been helpful, and you would not end up with Frankenstein versions of policies on the table, because there would not be sociopathic republicans running around cutting everything up with big scissors, removing key parts of policies which would make them work, just to make the president look a jackass!

There are two sides to every coin is what I am saying, and blaming Obama alone for the failings of a government which is run in such a HILARIOUSLY foolish fashion as that of the USA, is somewhat like blaming a cow when your steak comes in over done.

And when it comes to foolish methods of government, let me tell you, I am qualified to recognise one when I see one, because I have lived in the UK all my life, and this place is one of the best examples of lunatics running the asylum, that has ever come about!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

worst part is the ones with the most to say have the least amount of money

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
How can a person be a member of this forum and not know the general population doesn't elect the president? The OP may want to learn something about the election process before starting something as silly as reclaiming votes.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why you gotta ruin their fun? :/

Let them enjoy their political bias-ness.. all their hate is for naught!

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
No you need to lay in the grave you dug yourself. Otherwise known as accepting the consequences of your actions. Part of being an adult.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

livinglifeseekingtruth2
reply to post by elouina

I would bet at least one person older than you tried to explain what would happen if you voted for "THIS" and you argued with them with passion... because someone taught you to.

It is too bad you did not have a grandparent that invited you to go on a fun vacation during "voting time"

It is amusing how you all are back here complaining about something you supported before.

We tried to tell you.....

reply to post by StratosFear

Whoa whoa whoa... back up a bit there... There is a BIG difference between supporting and voting for them. I never once voted for Obama. I didn't vote in 2008. And when it became obvious just what Obama was, in 2012 I voted republican since that was the best chance of getting Obama out of office.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

buster2010
How can a person be a member of this forum and not know the general population doesn't elect the president? The OP may want to learn something about the election process before starting something as silly as reclaiming votes.

Obviously we can't reclaim votes, and anyone with half a brain can figure out that this is purely symbolic. A way to show our elected representatives that they need to start doing their jobs and REPRESENTING US. And this includes Obama! You know the one who used fraud to get the Americans to vote for him?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by elouina

And when it comes to foolish methods of government, let me tell you, I am qualified to recognise one when I see one, because I have lived in the UK all my life, and this place is one of the best examples of lunatics running the asylum, that has ever come about!

That comment made me laugh....when it should've made me cry....now I'm all confused

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join